Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Add -scOfflineOnly to the shortcut.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    You mean to the desktop icon? right click gta v? add that into the target?
    "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe"
    ^^there? add the -sc OfflineOnly right after the exe? Still in the quotes?

3. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, it doesn't have to be in the quotes and keep it as one word.
    I think you have to have at least logged in once to be able to run it in offline mode.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Yeah , did not work. Took a very long time explaining how to do it via text, to an 11 year old.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Is this the Steam version of the game? The steam version actually has two DRM's. One ensures the game has been run recently, or else it gives you an error. So basically you can get stuck in a catch 22. Unless you had internet when you added the -ScOffline switch to commandline and were connected on Steam, you fail the additional validation check and can't play. Once the switch is in there and the game launches successfully, you can keep playing offline forever. It's really stupid.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    No, I bought it from Rockstar Warehouse.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Why is it, that when you watch videos on YT, when they are doing their settings, they always leave the advanced stuff off ?

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I think you still need to launch the game online at least once before the offline switch works.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Thats what I was afraid of, any other suggestions guys? Even open to shaddy options just to get single player loaded up for now.

11. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Just another reason why 11 year olds should not be playing this game ;)

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    He stated he was able to run single player up to a few days ago. He had that rig here as I built it and he was playing multi player on it at my house via wifii, if that helps any. I did not know it was working at 1 point til yesterday.

13. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Rockstar updated their Social Club app. The 73mb update mentioned by Rich_Guy was just that.Apparently it's mandatory to sign in online now even for single player as the -scOfflineOnly no longer works like it did before.It tells me Social Club needs to be connected to the internet in order to verify.Does not matter which patch I use and Social Club is the only thing updated.If you try to downgrade SC it'll only update itself to the latest version once online and deny you access if it can't do so.

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Pretty hilarious. More roadblocks for legitimate users. Plus the stuttering bug. Meanwhile, pirates are enjoying single player with no bugs and no online checks.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Pretty crappy, can`t play a paid game in SP without internet, if it was pirated, SP would work no problem.

16. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    Was waiting for real car mods, so I had not touched this game since I bought it on release, and few days ago first time I booted it up since release week, and WHAT THE FCK.. so now that I'm back into the game I'm still seeing the same problems I had on launch..

keep in mind this is all on a fresh install of Windows 10...
    I'm still seeing weird menu lag and random FPS drops for no apparent reason, split second drops down to 30 fps all the way from 100, for a second while everything freezes for a half second, etc....

What would you guys say is generally the issue with the game, is it really the DRM social club crap, because YES it's been up my ass the whole time, 9 outta 10 times I try to start the game it's giving me some ****

I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO INTEREST IN ONLINE, btw, I am modded single player 100% of the way

17. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    i've just bought the like 2 weeks ago and have been playing it non stop since. i was pleasantly surprised how flawless it performs and well optimized it is. mind you, i've played batman arkham knight before so you can imagine the issues i had to deal with... but this was a completely different story. aside from this, this game is just fcking brilliant

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah, it's pretty much the perfect port for a perfect game (that is if you love GTA, like I do :p). What is quite remarkable is the fact that it can run very good on old hardware, while at the same time can bring even the newest rigs to their knees with tons of MSAA/advanced sliders/1440p+ resolution.

I at least haven't had any performance issues, but I did take a break when that patch happened when I hear things got a little messy.

The only thing that bothers me, and that's not the game's fault but rather Rockstar's maximum profit approach, is that they chose to let players who bought the game on old and new consoles upload their high level characters on PC. I just started to get into online, and I basically have to stick to PvE rather than PvP, since the level 120+ guys have quite huge advantages over me, in free mode especially..

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Free mode is the only time anyone has an advantage over you. Rank is worthless in any sort of event (sans maybe races, because a higher rank player is more likely to have upgrades, but even then you can still beat them by being better). In deathmatch they can't use their personal weapons (unless host is a moron), so if you're better then you can crap on them. Health bonus doesn't help you against headshots.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah but free mode is the best mode for PvP. If I want DM or TDM I rather play BF4 or something like that. Good thing I invested in a tuned up Kuruma, unless they RPG me, I can hold my own in drive-by's, sticky bomb if they're lucky. :D