Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    This video shows about 10fps increase after patch 3.0 and you can check the updated rain effects in my previous post. Also the FFB has improved a LOT. May be you should give it another go.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not having a go at you, drandiiski, just at Pcars. So im not trying to rain on your parade here, but...

Pcars rain is a joke. For a simulator that started on the PC with money its had backing it, Driveclubs rain makes this look like a joke. Its nothing but a repeating gif and you can see the same streaks appearing after every second wipe of the window.

They still not affected by cornering either, unlike driveclubs. Ill actually go as far to say that 3.0s rain looks worse, extremely apparent at 1:08.

Driveclub:
    From the same channel as the video you linked.
    Starts at 0:38

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yep, I’m aware that they are better in DC. I do have the PS+ edition. I was just saying that they improved it, not made it the best out there. Still DC is a 30fps arcade racer and my favorite one - AC, doesn’t have rain at all. No such thing as the perfect racing game/sim I’m afraid :)

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh, for sure. Like i said, not having a go at you, it was simply the mention of the rain that reminded me that im annoyed about it enough to post some half arse rant.:D

5. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    Whilst Driveclub's rain looks extremely cool, it also isn't very realistic, you don't get water droplets which just sit and float around with direction change at speed, nor does the water pushed to the side stream like a mini river because the pressure from the airflow blows most of it off and as the wiper moves away it looks like it's getting sucked off not just all getting pushed to the side. Most of the droplets are perfectly circular again impossible even with a static car that's all wrong, along with being way to large, not just in size but the amount of water in the droplet which would have been dispersed on impact with the windscreen.

The thing they all get completely wrong though is the side window rain effects. Not only do they all show a ton of rain hitting the side window which doesn't really happen but the droplets also don't stream very often because of the car frame directing the airflow away from the window and it's that airflow which dictates water droplet movement not the car momentum.

Graphically does Driveclub's looks the best, no doubt but they are all still different types of wrong.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I was actually thinking the rain in driveclub looks a bit to big per droplet, and jelly like.

But its the movement/physics thats lacking in PCars that annoys me. I say annoy, but what i really mean is "That looks different".

7. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    It's an improvement at least to when it was completely static, personally I think it's less jarring than Forza 6's weird moving droplets rather than rivulets

When all is said and done though in the heat of a race I probably wouldn't complain about any off them.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It looks better than the wet snow they had before though.
    As long as you're racing, you don't really see the downsides as much. If you look carefully though, of course, it'll show.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Let me get this strait the 3.0 patch is a paid patch?!?!?!?!?! If this is true **** YOU SMS!!!!!

10. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Patch 3.0 is free and brings loads of improvements. Only DLCs need to be bought and they're cheap anyway.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Saw a article saying it was free to those who supported pCARS but $4.99 on steam. Can't link it though W C C F tech

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No, it's free for everyone.

13. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Guys,

I own Assetto Corsa, I like graphics and physics but main problem is lack of people online, most of the time I can't find racing room and switch back to single player.

I want competitive online races.

Are there lots of players in Project CARS on PC? (more than AC?)

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Worth signing on at racedepartment. They have leagues or just organised pick up races for AC. And also for pCARS.

15. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I wouldn't say lots. I always expect more players given how many copies the game has sold. There are usually around 30-50 servers up at a time and populated, some are very quiet but soon fill up if it's a popular car/track combination.

Competition wise, yes, there are some fast guys and if you find someone who's a good racer it can be great fun. The trouble is there are also a lot of guys who can't drive or drive unfairly and ignore rules so it can be very frustrating.

I have started around 120 races online now and have had to quit around 50 due to people crashing into me and wrecking my car or simply ruining my race.

As eclap says, if you want fair and fast then joining a league is essential as they will have a private server and racers with the same outlook as you.

One last thing to mention is that the server host migrates and changes every time the current host leaves. So say if the host left and I had won the race, I would be the new host. So this means it may migrate to someone who doesn't have a very fast internet connection and it can lag if it's busy.

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    SMS just sent me 27.50 euro, anyone know why?

17. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    They're currently sending out the first return for those who invested at the start of the project, I just got the same payment.

18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yep, got what I “invested” and the worth of two beers on top of it. Well, it’s something…

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Good stuff, I can't even remember what I invested.

Nice little surprise I suppose.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I got an email of this awhile ago.

Edit: WMD Confirmation email -Ahhh, its enough to buy mgs!!! How to sort password out, Gurus?

I dont know my paypal password or any of my security questions. How do i sort that out?

Ahhhlallaahaa, im in. Remembered my sec questions!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015