Do not buy games from G2A.com!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSparil, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    It's not that cheap, it's usually couple bucks cheaper yes but not that much.

If you see keys that are too cheap, they're usually russian keys.
    I actually found a way to use russian keys with my account without any risk of getting banned or violating their terms.

2. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I already received a response form G2A and thankfully they refunded my money. What a hassle! Apparently the seller of the key used a stolen bank card to purchase keys from GOG.com and then sold them to people on G2A.

If this is the type of thing that can happen on that website, I am steering 100% clear. If any of you guys choose to continue to use them after hearing this story, good luck! You've been warned.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    G2A seems to be good. Just bought Batman AK for 18 Euro (with shield).

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ..if you dont buy from 3rd party seller!...how often...

5. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Yeah, that's what I thought until 2 months later, GOG removed the game from my shelf because they determined it was purchased with a stolen card. If you keep using them, you're playing with fire and will likely get burned. This was my first time ever using them and this happened. Clearly, the odds are very good for f r a u d on that site.

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Well, i bought a G2A code and the G2A shield. I guess i'll get another key if some problem arises. Let's see.

As was mentioned before, IF they would do this on a large scale they wouldnt be in business anymore.

7. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I went to buy Grav from g2a yesterday. Ended up not getting the product after they said they didnt get the money their end. I posted a skrill payment conformation email to their support and they said it will take days to put through manually. I ended up sending the email they sent saying they didnt receive the money to my bank so they put the money back in my account. Went to kingquin paid through the exact same way using Skrill for my card and it went through right away. Weird as i bought 4 games from them days before and it worked then. Somethings going on and i prefer no hassles when buying my games so im avoiding them now.

8. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Always, ALWAYS get the Shield.

9. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    To be honest, they have no way of knowing if a key they buy from someone was done with a *****ulent CC transaction.

Think of them as resellers, like eBay.

10. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Better yet, don't buy from them lol. I won't be back to G2A personally

11. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

You would get your money back with the shield. I have saved so much with them, but you're saying I shouldn't buy from them, even though with G2A shield I am %100 good to go even if I get a bad key? Check your head man.

12. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Don't need to check it. If you'd rather risk your $$ just because they offer "a shield", that's your prerogative. Personally, I'd rather spend my heard earned dollars somewhere that is 100% legitimate, where there is NO chance of some bs like what happened to me on my first go around. I have better things to do with my time than deal with mysterious disappearing games, taking screenshots and calling customer service numbers trying to get my $$ back due to f r a u d. I got my money back btw, with no shield.

Clearly, you can waste your money wherever you want. I posted this thread as a fair warning for people with brains, who can understand why the risk/reward may not be as worthwhile as you think. Best of luck to you!

^ this

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  13. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    You got your money back. You seem to be on a soap box about this for very little reason. Personally I would rather deal with a company that refunds errors. They did and seem to be quite legit. What's the issue again?

14. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    So disrespectful. I don't know who you think you are pal, you shouldn't talk to people like this.

You should however, stop going on and on about it.... This happened because you cheaped out and bought a GOG.com game on G2A. No other reason. I've never even seen an GOG game on there, let alone heard of someone buying one.

I have personally bought over 30 Steam games on G2A.com without any issue, You bought ONE and had an issue.

Simple logic dictates YOU did something wrong, Period. Knowingly or not.

Like another member said, games on GOG.com are already cheap enough. There is NO need to obtain GOG.com keys from a 3rd party site. Furthermore, once again as another member said, you're bashing on G2A.com for the actions of one of their members, even after they refunded you?

You can't be serious. I'm sorry I have major issues with people trying to put the blame on others for their own mistakes. :bang:

15. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

The point of the shield is that there is no (as in ZERO) risk. I guess you missed that part. Anyway, have fun whining about something you personally could have prevented.

EDIT: In case you're not sure what zero means >>> Zero - Wikipedia

16. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ The last two posts have been absolutely stupid devoid of logic, and I'm out. How the hell is it MY fault that some idiot is selling stolen keys on this joke of a website? I did something wrong alright, I put my faith in that waste of a website. Good luck, and I hope one of you two gets burned on there. Then maybe you'll open your eyes.

I post this thread trying to warn people that this can happen to them, and this is the thanks I get. I'm going to request mods close this thread so you nincompoops can't berate me anymore.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  17. deets75

deets75 Guest

lets all just calm down and not stress :)
    I think its fair to warn people if they get ripped off, we are all on the same side.

18. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    closed at the request of OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.