ARCTIC releases Accelero Hybrid III-140

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The highly efficient Accelero Hybrid III-140 is the all-in-one package for real performance junkies. It combines Water Cooling Solution for the GPU with a 140 mm radiator and a special VRM and RAM coo...

ARCTIC releases Accelero Hybrid III-140

2. drjaaaaa

drjaaaaa Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx 980 ti sc
    [​IMG]

Wow...

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    It has no cooling on the memories near the chipset? Or am i seeing this wrong?

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    My exact thoughts also, those memory chips around the GPU will be getting rather toasty. Why they couldn't include some RAMSinks I don't know.

EDIT:

Oooohhh the memory is cooled by the backplate which acts as a heatsink.... how does that work then? I didn't know you could pull heat away from something through a PCB? :3eyes:

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Do you expect cards with GDDR5 next year to use this? Next year GDDR5 will be for mainstream stuff only. HBM for high end :)

And mainstream 150W GPU does not need this cooling.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    GDDR5 doesn't take much to cool.... It doesn't actually get very hot.

7. daveys93

daveys93 Guest

GPU:
    2-Way SLI GTX 770's 4GB
    Correct. I have 2-Way SLI GTX 770's that have full cover watercooling, but I have the 4GB versions which have the additional 2GB of RAM on the back of the card. Even when they are overclocked +700MHz in Afterburner they do not get extremely hot.
    :megaman:

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    As long as air goes across the cards, the memory stays at a safe temp.

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    they say it comes with vrm sinks and the fan that should take care in moderate use even if its those crappy light weight aluminum ones.
    I agree on the ram temps it by itself does not get too hot but if its placed to close to the core(hot running one) it can get toasty titan x ram can burn your fingers it so close to the core and that's about the only card that I have owned I can say that about.
    Even the 290x was ok to touch also my 480 with an aio and those were the two hottest cards I have owned.
    Anyways just need more models with the wider rads and better fans .I like them better for ghetto water cooled benches.