Nvidia 355.60 WHQL Windows 10 drivers out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flimbo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    forgot to mention Metro 2033 redux

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    a. They've removed the blacklisting a couple of days ago. It was affecting 353.62 version only though.
    b. There is no difference for 40 and 41b1 as they both use the same blacklisting backend.

3. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Works Fine for me..

[​IMG]

4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Working on my end too.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've played Arkham Knight for hours without a crash, I can reinstall Arkham City later on and give that a go but Metro, AK and a few FLEX demo's have been working well.
    Let me know if there's some others you'd like me to try.

6. qwagy

qwagy Member

GPU:
    X2 sli 780ti
    I guess you wouldn't know if your only using one screen! :bang:

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Since a few driver versions I've noticed that games don't care if NVCPL says Vsync enabled or disabled over 144FPS on a G-sync monitor. Why is that? (D3, GW2 for example).

Earlier G-sync requirements were to disable V-sync in games since the monitor/drivers would handle that themselves. But now I have to enabled it so I don't get tearing over 144FPS (which I do).

What has changed?

8. Rafael_Morales

Rafael_Morales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I will again ask the ManuelG!
    Because the performance of the Shadow of Mordor fell both using Windows 10 over Windows 8.1 ??

Windows 8.1
    [​IMG]

Windows 10
    [​IMG]

9. HolyDeath3000

HolyDeath3000 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 FTW 4GB VRAM
    On my end GTA V started hard crashing out of the blue with these new drivers. Never had crashes with the previous drivers. Witcher 3 also didn't crash with the previous drivers but I can't say if they crash now with new ones. I am using a single 970 FTW GPU and using my 670 FTW as dedicated Physx card.

Sadly I rolled back my drivers because GTA V hardcrashing and locking up to the point where I have to do a hard reboot is not acceptable.

10. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    That's it i'm getting a 390 as my main card now, every driver release seems to get worse and worse ... lower FPS, always getting stuck in 3D clocks on the desktop and now my mouse gets sluggish as if I was in 30hz and I have to uninstall using DDU and reinstall once every two days ... Nvidia really aren't doing good with these Windows 10 drivers...

Anyways an off topic question, can I put an AMD card and Nvidia card in the same rig, if one of the cards isn't plugged into the PSU ? Still want to keep my 970 but not as my main card (coz I like project cars ...)

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Learn to use spoilers please.

Still testing these but they seems more stable than previous two drivers.
    (Win 7)

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    These are running great for me (Win7). Now that they've had a few days to settle in I guess my benchmark numbers are on par with 353.49 and, well gameplay in GTA V (since downgrading to ver.1.24 online / 335.1 story mode, steam version) is smooth and hitch free.
    No bugs on desktop, Firefox either.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow, nice memory leak with these drivers. I remember reading about SLI users having these kind of problems. Went up to 16300+ MB

[​IMG]

Seriously thinking about going back to Win8.1 again. Win10 isnt mature yet (like every release).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  14. riardon

riardon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX760
    I think Nvidia is not mature yet. I had very big problems on Windows 8.1 x64 with all Nvidia drives 350.xx onward. I think something is really wrong the Nvidia drivers lately.

15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Actually it's MS and Nvd fault,truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Try to remember who's made the most important errors or bugs..you can't choose ? This is why they both make coding errors (or they miss some "spots" that's why feedback is needed..), yet graphics driver are more complex than OS.
    Still, excused for issues that could be fixed,not excused when they can't OR they just..don't fix.
    Anyway Win 10 is very new and many hotfixes and similar important updates will come in near future,some goes for Nvidia. All we want from them is to nicely cooperate.

16. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    ...as long as they keep us win7 users happy (that's ~55% of OS market according to steam survey), sure, win10 minorities deserve some attention too, but only after they take care of win8's ~36% market :)

(patiently waiting for DX12 to become a thing)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah win8.1 is a lot better atm, kind of regret for rusing to this win10 now.. At least everything worked.

Although I like win10 by certain games, win8.1 stuttered by streaming or just wasn't smooth - camera mouse movement jitter.

GTA5 runs faster by grass/or cpu bound locations and stable camera flow.

Cod Ghosts, it removed all jitter and basically no streaming stutter @ 90fps cap anymore, even though it said 3.4GB vram and mouse smoothing off - this was crucial in win8.1 for me, dunno why.. Any other COD was ok with this option off.

Other games ran around the same,

except cpu bound Dx9c code,
    e.g. X3TerranConflict bench, very single threaded ran worse, guess that extra api calls do make a difference.
    Win8.1
    Win10

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  18. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Been regularly using this drivers since release and encountered zero problems. Tested with an i5 based PC, on a X3220 PC and a laptop all working fine. From web browsing using Chrome and Edge, to office works and gaming. There might be a small difference but still better on fps against previous WHQL but not noticeable in real world usage. PhysX works fine too. Tested with Borderlands 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum/City/Origins. A driver worth keeping!

19. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Been testing this Driver..Lost about 500+ Score in Firestrike vs 353.82..Although no problems in Games..

[​IMG]

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You're asking this on an enthusiast forum?