Nvidia 355.60 WHQL Windows 10 drivers out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flimbo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It is called talking out of your rectum. Welcome to a tech forum where "experts" pontificate with numbers...and...stuff.

2. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    It's just people being upset because they're getting 5 less fps with their aging cards in GTA V or whatever.

Big demanding games such as Witcher 3 and GTA V are becoming more and more common but for some reason it's nvidias job to make all older cards run those games perfectly and with barely no fps difference than newer models.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  3. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Cut the crap. I get stutters and average framerates around 40fps in GTA 5 without the "Kepler fix" and rock solid 60fps all the time with it. nvidia malevolently, purposefully and maliciously decapitated Kepler's performance via its drivers. This has been observed, proven and reliably measured. The outcry forced them to back down and remove these driver-based restrictions. Now that W10 is out, they have yet again omitted this "fix".

I did not spend a literal fortune on 3 670s to replace them with a ceteris paribus inferior-performing 980 just because nvidia makes it a policy that I should buy a new GPU from them every 24 months and deems it necessary to force my compliance through underhanded means.

4. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    I find it interesting that people that report a drop have some odd numbers in general. Single threaded higher than multi-threaded, even on older drivers? Both usually somewhere near 2.2mil.

On the other hand, people that say there is no drop have numbers which I would consider more "sane", usually twice the draw calls for MT than single threaded, single at ~1.2mil and MT at ~2.2mil.

So, something weird is up with the first kind of people!

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    It's back ...

http://pasteboard.co/2HXC0Mth.png

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Just tried these, and so far I'm liking them. I benchmarked a few trouble spots in the Witcher 3 where the frame rate dips below 60, and they're definitely noticeably smoother since updating to this driver..

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This is the one to get over the 355 openGL dev driver, right?

8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    So what do you think of this then ?

[​IMG]

It's always been like this (ST > MT). Even in windows 8.1 with a GTX 780.

9. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

so, that is the newest driver version containing "Kepler fixes/optimizations"?

Does/Will R355 branch include it (in main branch, and all subsequent driver versions)?

@Manuelg: please enquire driver team about it. Waiting for your answer here.

10. mordan

mordan Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080SC ACX3
    @Manuelg Hi, first of all I would like to thank you for your responses so far. Most of us here can't help but wonder what is going on, that's the reason for all this negative responses. Latest drivers have been basically breaking things and not fixing any. No Kepler performance fixes since like forever, broken D3D9 OCL, DX12 or 11.2?

A response would be appreciated and would greatly help future choices.

Thanks

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same here, drivers have been pretty good so far.

12. Matthias46

Matthias46 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    You know...with my ****ty card (GTX 780), 5fps are a big deal! When in Witcher 3 with the kepler fix i am always above 30fps is really good. Whith the screwd drivers i will fall under 30fps and the gameplay feels a lot worse.

So please Manuel, can you please give us news?

Thanks

13. zoomer-fodder

zoomer-fodder Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Poseidon 780 SLI
    No! Windows 10 have issue on previous Nvidia driver. I have 2 notebooks Dell (820M) and Lenovo (740M) and both got absolutely random BSOD with nvxxx.dll
    both win10 x64.
    This 355.60 im not tested. Just install it now.

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thing is what was actually observed, proven and reliably measured is the exact opposite of "nvidia malevolently, purposefully and maliciously decapitated Kepler's performance via its drivers." Whatever tests were made they've actually proved the opposite - Kepler's performance increased in the newer drivers compared to the older ones. Not making optimizations for new games on older hardware is not the same as "decapitating" something "purposefully". NV doesn't have unlimited resources.

Everyone and their cat were saying for the last five years that SLI is a hit or miss from support point of view but you still went and got yourself a triple SLI config (which is like the worst of all possible SLI configs). What's more important you've built it out of cut down parts with lowest possible memory size while anyone who's ever used SLI will tell you that you need as much VRAM as possible for a SLI config since shading limit is X times higher on them and you will be bumping into VRAM limit more often than on a single GPU. So who's to blame that it underperfoms now? Oh, I see, it must be NV.

Yeah, buying a new GPU every 24 months is highly preferable to buying three of them for SLI once per 48 months. That was always the case.

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    This driver appears vers stable for me so far in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
    The Witcher 3 has been crashing to the desktop for me every couple of minutes on the old 353.62 drivers, with these I've been able to pull an all night session last night without a single crash. The game seems to play a little smoother, too, almost no dips below 60 FPS it seems.

16. klaupe

klaupe Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    I also donĀ“t really understand the way that works.... the internet is full of very strange futuremark overhead tests with quite similar HW.
    This is my last one :

DX11 Multi-threaded draw calls per second 2 739 932
    DX11 Single-threaded draw calls per second 2 049 528
    DX12 draw calls per second 5 230 244

17. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Yeah, it would be nice to have a set of Windows 10 drivers with the kepler fix. Come on Nvidia, sort your **** out.

18. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    DSR problems witch Starcraft 2 and Dying Light, bad scaling cause the picture is getting 4 time's bigger

19. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Well looks like it's back to the previous drivers for me. These work like **** for Mechwarrior Online.

They work well in SoM but in Mechwarrior i went from solid 60fps and working alt+tab with the previous driver to sub 30 fps and broken alt+tab with these ones.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  20. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    355.60 no have a kepler optimizations

the last two drivers with it are 353.82 and 353.49