Geforce 353.62 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lunario, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    The Witcher 3 is freezing sometimes.. audio still going with frozen image then goes into desktop without errors, I think it's afterburner osd causing the issue, need more time to test.

Tried to underclock gfx cards and didn't help

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This is either a bug with Windows 10 and/or the v353.62 WHQL driver.

I have Adjust Desktop Size and Position > Scaling set to Aspect ratio and to use my display for the scaling. With Windows 8/8.1, this resulted in games that were not at my 1920x1200, the native resolution of my display, being scaled to fit the screen area while still maintaining there correct aspect ratio.

However, with Windows 10 and the v353.62, games that, for example, have reset to 1024x768 appear as a small window of that size centred on a 1920x1200 screen with huge black borders surrounding it until I change the resolution to 1920x1200 (or higher).

Does anyone else have this issue?

I get the same result whether I set the scaling to the GPU or Display, and regardless of whether the Override setting is checked or not.

*EDIT*
    This turned out to not be a bug after all but a result of my monitor being set to display 1:1 (i.e. not scaled) rather than Aspect Ratio under the Image Control setting. I am not sure quite how that setting was changed though.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ok so

Swtor win 7 autodetects=Highest setting.
    Swtor win 10 autodetects=lowest setting.

same specs for both OS same power setting both OS. Clean install or upgrade, Mean while Swtor using same settings I always do, runs exactly the same on win 10, which everything on high, no AA, AF,Shadows FXAA and AFx8 in nvcp.

Mean while all my other games that have autodetect, detect the same settings as it did on win7

Driver issue or client issue? I think it client issue, cause many people with far more powerfull pc them mine are seeing swtor do the same thing autodetect lowest

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Probably a client issue. The client might detect something unknown/being unable to detect anything and thus set it to the lowest settings just to be sure. TOR hasn't updated their detection in years and it's always been a bit wonky.

Just set your settings manually the way you like them and it should be fine.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I do set manually, I just convicied it client detecion bug with win 10, cause people will beefier specs are say this, and so person on the forums is tell people its there system, when it not

6. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Holy moly, still no new drivers. I did not encounter any issues with 353.49, I cannot use 353.50+ because NNEDI3 doesn't work at all. I'm waiting for them to fix that, or something will come up with an idea.

7. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    I'm still stuck with freaking 350.12

All new drivers are giving me nvidia stopped working in some old/new AAA games with grey screen on second monitor.

8. Rafael_Morales

Rafael_Morales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Hello Squalles how long !! : D
    He stopped participating in the adrenaline?
    I'll try with this driver who passed me back then with the result.
    Thanks!

9. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    i have other nickname in adrenaline now... but i don´t participate on topic about video card or hardware more because never have a real informative topic... even when you try create one is easily destroyed by fanboys posts even by moderators... so to discuss about hardware here are the best forum

10. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Well ive tried 353.49 .62 and .71 non of which solves flickering on both monitors when SLI is on and causes the CPU usage to go weird with nothing open except any basic window.

11. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 X Trio
    I as well have problems with all driver versions. NV is just sucking big time with Win 10 drivers and I can not believe they have no put out a new driver since Win 10 dropped on the 29th. The company is really starting to piss me off.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Then go to AMD and wait up to months for a new driver

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Am I right to say that you have never owned an AMD HD5000-series graphics card or above and having dealt with their lousy (as in always delayed...) driver support?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  14. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 X Trio
    After their crap ass drivers with my 4890 I stopped buying their junk. I have never really had problems with drivers with NV until now. I just don't understand why they aren't pushing out betas or something to fix the issues. I know my issues are just a small number compared to the whole list of them but pushing out drivers with any fixes show that they care.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    my lappy HD5650 is dead. recently 4 driver causes TDR really freak me out with nvidia but i still stick v nvidia cos AMD is even worst with the hardware. now AMD driver seem released faster than old days but over-heating issue really make me avoid AMD for god sake.

power efficient on nvidia is lower but actually not much different from AMD. GTX 970 can draw more power than those reviewers posted on paper.

guys, stop trust jayz, linus, ncix etc those people gpu's are different from the market that sell to consumers.

16. Rafael_Morales

Rafael_Morales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    OK understood !
    The results with the driver who gave me were exactly the same.
    Wait for Nvidia to release some other driver for windows 10 if not improve performance going back to windows 8.1.

17. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Can drivers really make oc limit much lower ? Looks like that my issue and staying on 350.12 was due to that.

I like keeping my gtx970 on +130/+200 but looks like that +200 is achivable only on 350.12. This drivers doesnt let gpu run even on +150 memory oc. It works in bench softwares, even in gaming but randomly after couple hours I get blink on primary gaming monitor and grey screen on second one, while last 24 hours I'm running 1520mhz on core and no oc on memory whatsoever and everything works fine.

18. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ya, I had to drop my memory clock, but my core stayed same. And mine is 770.

19. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Has anyone else have Driver not responding when playing Batman - Arkham Knight whit this driver`?
    And i face some weird artifacts and freezes in GTAV

Windows 10 Pro x64? GTX980 4GB Non sli

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  20. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Yes me I have some crashes game even no scrach the gpu
    Are you on tight oc?