Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wait, SMS themselves that the poor AMD performance is down to AMD drivers and that the game runs much better under w10.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    When did they say so? As I just said, my AMD-loving friend (a true fan) has no issues whatsoever.

Regarding Win10 they may be talking about a future build, or future drivers, or whatever.
    The "true" jump in performance will come from DX12, for all hardware, for those typical CPU-limited scenarios. Logical for one but also what they said.
    There won't be an all-around increase in performance even close to the number you quoted. And I'm sure they never said that (themselves, I'm sure there's the odd quote that would state just that).

3. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    They did say so, Ian Bell himself did on the forums, I don't think it was as high as 50% though, it was 10% from what I remember because AMD's Windows 10 drivers have lower CPU overhead that bring them more in line with Nvidia.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I've seen IB blame the AMD driver, saying W10 would improve things. He even posted yesterday that the game runs better on AMD under W10 by about 20%, only forum members are reporting identical results.

There's been videos on official forums comparing AMD performance on W8 vs W10, where W10 was getting about 30% more performance compared to W8. WMD members were swearing by it, saying that W10 will magically improve things.

Here's the video most used to shoot down SMS critics, blaming AMD for bad drivers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFe5OOHZko

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The high CPU overhead has been known for a very long time though. If that really has been reduced drastically, it may very well be true.
    I just read a report recently where someone had much better performance with his 980Ti after upgrading to a X99 platform and corresponding 6-core CPU.
    The game is CPU hungry without a doubt.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Dunno, I can run it maxed out at 1440p (no AA) and get 70-90fps average no problem on my ancient 2500k.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's a fact though. That's the reason AMD folks are having a hard time. With and without the AI, the game uses a lot of processing power for the physics part, much higher strain than any other (non-strategy) game I've ever seen.
    I don't know if you can still see the tick rate though...

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Enjoying the game a lot with the xbox 360 controller went on to steam forum for the right settings. Rain races vs ai is very entertaining can be really hectic sometimes. Nice offering compared to forza 4 on the 360 which i find one of the most solid sims i played

11. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    The game is stunning visually on pc especially after upgrading to windows 10. I no longer have the famed micro stutter which was annoying!!!!

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I find the main menu music so engaging while browsing through the menu amazing soundtrack.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ct-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-3-0-Release-notes

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    GTR2 music.

15. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Pleased to see they are producing patches with a long list of fixes - they're needed! Very buggy game, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Rob - Haven't come across you online yet? Are you playing it at all?

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's not exactly *very* buggy but there are lots of small things spread all over the place that certainly need fixing.
    I haven't come across a major show-stopper though since release.

PS: The best part is that the patch doesn't only fix things, but also improves things. They're still putting in a lot of work to improve the game even further. That's the opposite to what they were allowed to do with Shift while sailing under the EA flag...

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not much nowadays, I'll have 4 days off starting next Saturday, we could arrange some races for old times sake. Gt3 cars, GP circuits, alright?

18. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Agreed.... nothing that really stops you playing the game but there's been many WTF moments especially online and I'm not even referring to people that can't drive.

I would imagine some of those moments are brought about through people who inherit the hosting of the game and don't have an internet connection that's upto the job.

19. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Sounds good. Post up whenever you're free. We can risk it on the public servers if you want.

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Eventhough Win 10 and the new driver broke BF4, Project Cars runs alot smoother for me in win 10.
    FPS is about the same, but the game is alot smoother and cpu spikes seem to be lower on average.