Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    TGOT seems to have lost interest in WD and WD modding. He worked a lot on it. He is now involved with other games.

He may come back later, but don't expect too much. He's done a lot of work. Now it's up to us to complete it.

Don't blame him. He is only 14 after all.

2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I guess were his successors... :eyes:

[EDIT:] Holy moley, I just discovered a glitch...

Sprint, then press focus, then while sprinting, press W and A or D at the same time. Expect to go lightspeed.

Remember the bloom stuff... Yeah... I'm stupid, I was putting the edits in again... The wrong files. :giggle2: I truely suck at this...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  3. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    all light are pre backed in WD, you can notice that they are just some kind of textures if you turn up the brightness and start to notice dithering, the only dynamic light might the sun, i might be wrong but thats my guess, you can find some talk about WD lighting system if you google it

4. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    They're dynamic light probes on next-gen and pc. But on last gen they just use cheap lighting to avoid performance fall. Of course the lighting on next gen aint nothing either. Poor ubisoft did the same thing on the division again. Having a look at the e3 gameplay and the recent screen shots youll find that they have cut most of particles affect as well as global illumination. The texture and reflection had a strong scale down as well.

5. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    There are 2 major light sources in Watch Dogs. One is sunlight and another is locallight. Sun light, moon light during blackout and vehicle headlights might br sunlight as far as i discovered while streelights, sky lights and some sunbounce use locallight.

6. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Moonlight is active not only in blackouts. If you go in dark open place you'll notice like the buildings and other objects are lit from one side. Blackout uses it's own moonlight setting in it's own envlight xml which overrides the global env lighting's moonlight setting. If you set moonlight to "0" in standard envlighting for Clear weather there will be total darkness around Aiden in dark open places like Pawnee forest for example.

7. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Usually the moonlight is locallight.

8. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    What do you mean by locallight?

Edit: nevermind, forgot about your previous post.

You just wrote "moon light during blackout" and I just wanted to correct you on that, that's all. :)

9. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Previously you aksed my how to rip off the blury moon reflection during blackout, right? I can tell you now it's basically impossible because moonlight will transform from "locallight" into "sunlight" during blackout and no one knows where the trigger is located.

10. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Those screens look like they've been taken from The Vanishing of Ethan Carter :)
    Not bad. But not to my taste.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  12. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Actually I don't think that during the blackout moonlight is transforming into "sunlight" because buildings/objects/npcs do not cast any shadows from moonlight like they do from the sunlight. The moonlight is acting like the vanilla light from headlights which do not cast shadows and the light is coming through obstacles lighting up the objects behind them. But they have speculars. So does the moonlight. In car dynamic lighting xmls we can turn on and off the speculars. So normally the specular from the moonlight (the blurry moon reflection as you called it) is off, but when the blackout is triggered it simply turns on. The lighting itself doesn't change.

13. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Thanks :) The Preset is also not finish yet. I am tweaking to get the Right balance with Definitive Mod lighting and Aiming for something that looks similar to a Natural ENB you would see in Skyrim.

Those screens are tests to see what ye guys thought and are decreased in size from 1440p to 900p in order to upload quick with my crappy Internet!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    are these mods worth it ?

last time i installed one it caused the Rain to hit the streets 24\7

15. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    It's still pretty rainy, but now it's bearable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo... Anyone fixed those weird blue shadows in the test release?

Cause they're pretty gross... :puke2:

16. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Did you try my pack ? It's the test version + my textures + My Reshade Preset (no change of the mood).

I didn't saw theses blue shadows. You should try to stick with High settings with Ultra textures.

17. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Okay, I'll try it out! :)

[EDIT:] I found out that the bright lighting is directly caused by me editing the E3_2013.Storm_Bloom.xml file. :3eyes:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  18. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I don't know if this is possible or not, but is it possible to bring back the old profiler/weapon wheel from the demo's?