Mafia III - Official Details and screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I think you mean 1968 ;)

Hope this one will be as fun as the last. I've really enjoy the Mafia series so far.

3. otyg

otyg Guest

GPU:
    they just had to ruin the mafia series didn't they....

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    You've played the game?

5. otyg

otyg Guest

GPU:
    Yeah, you play a black guy who has nothing to do with mafia except a scene where the mafia shoot at him, so you basically take revenge on the whole mafia that just happens to be entirely situated in New Orleans - oh and you create a gang called "The Black Mob"...yeah right, not realistic especially in that era ( "The Black Mob". should of been the name of this game)

I have tremendously enjoyed the first two games being MAFIA era related 1930-1950, it's what made them unique and they had a excellent story that set them ahead of the rival (GTA), this new game is just GTA 5 in a older setting.

But whatever i'll pass on this game.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Those screenshots look lovely plus there's a thompson gun!

Yeah it isnt the same mafia era but if it keeps the same style then def keeping my eye on this one.

p.s and being like GtaV isnt necessarily a bad thing per say.

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    I think the 1986 is right due to that 'Nam's War ended 1975 and the main character is a veteran..

First, main character is a mix white-black so it's not an Afro-American and yet..the way you write smells a bit of racism taste..maybe I am wrong though,anyway

New Orl was one of the strongest Mafia states even at that time and about the plot I think we don't need much because we simply need something similar to previous Mafia games and guess what,they seem similar in a way (drinks and drugs were their main resources back to '30s-50s, drugs for 80s. you were with "good" guys on previous,now you are a "bad" guy against other bad guys,how is that not realistic or would be bad scenario?).
    Yes I agree that previous era was the greatest for Mafia stuff however if you think that they've already ruined the game it's your opinion and only. From what I see it will be a great game I just wish that it will be optimized but I am afraid what they are up to with Nvd Gameworks / performance...
    Also I dissagree about not realistic (from what I've wrote above you get my point), each with his respected opinion ofc.

8. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I hate to break it to you, but the "Mafia era" you speak of isn't the only time the mob existed. They didn't just disappear after the 50's. Not only that but Vito Scaletta (the protagonist from Mafia II) returns to be alongside the new main character.

Sounds like you only want a stereotypical mafioso game and nothing actually innovative or different. We already had two of those, why do it again? Yawn.

Mafia I and II could both be described as a "GTA in an older setting". Stealing cars, running around shooting people, running from the cops, etc etc

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing "The Black Mob".

True it ended in 1975 but the war started escalating in 1963 once LBJ took office. It's definitely possible that the protagonist was in the war between 1963 and 1968 and then discharged. I'm sure more info of his past will be unveiled either through story or perhaps in another trailer later on.

Agreed, quite a hint of that indeed.

Oh boy conspiracy theories, here we go.

Propaganda? Not knowing history? Please elaborate on this supposed propaganda and how the name Lincoln somehow correlates to 2K and Hangar 13 not knowing their history.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It is 1968 for sure. Looks really interesting. And Vito is there from Mafia 2.

10. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    the game looks amazing but i would have prefer the al capone era for mafia 3 and start as a solider work yourself up to the don the godfather game was a fun game and scarface that was a fun game , we need the gameplay of them just with todays modern graphics

11. vg24a3

vg24a3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Excellent, cant wait, this is one of my favorite games!

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It should be DirectX 12 as well. It would be stupid to think the Xbox version is DirectX 12 (they're getting it shortly, but the differences for them is much less) and Windows still being DirectX 11.

13. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Xbox will have something like "compatibility mode" for dx12 as hardware is not.

Also seems 1968 is the right one :

http://mafiagame.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#1968

14. otyg

otyg Guest

GPU:
    The game takes place in the year of 1968 (I assume he starts out as a kid where he has no friends or family to show the bad childhood treatment, then it jumps forward to 1986, after the war- 80's was not a bad era, but not much Italian mob related happened in the 80s)..., and revolves around Lincoln Clay, a biracial orphan and Vietnam veteran. As an orphan, he is constantly looking for a family, until he joins the armed forces and fights in the Vietnam War. He returns to New Orleans, after the war and he joins "The Black Mob". After surviving a murder attempt by the Italian Mob, Clay attempts to start his own criminal organization and get revenge. Clay is aided by three allies, which include Cassandra, Burke, and Vito Scaletta. ("The Black Mob" consists of a Female, an Italian, Lincoln who's biracial (protagonist) , not sure who burke is yet..)

I'm sure it will be a fun game but I don't see the connection to Mafia 1 or 2 or the series at all, besides for the return of Vito who would be around 61~ish years old if it took place in 1986- (Vito Scaletta Born: May 2, 1925) - seems to me they made GTA but are profiting off the MAFIA name.

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The hardware may not be feature level 12_0, but it is DirectX 12 compatible. Xbox won't see the same improvements because the quasi-DirectX already on the console was already much closer 'to the metal'. Xbox One is getting the console version of DirectX 12 later in the year when it is also getting their version of Windows 10.

The game is definitely 1968, 1986 is a typo. Also, 1986 would make the game a similar era to GTA Vice City.

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Wow. He is neither black nor white, I guess he is bisexual, he is not for or against gay marriage and he is pro and against abortion choice, depends on who asks him. He is also politically neutral (just in case) and is Christian but does not draw M***** for fun. He also says he is against killing people each time he shoots a person.

Did I miss something?

Damn oversensitive Yanks.

17. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Yeah I'm tired of hearing about racism.... I wont be buying this.

18. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    [​IMG]

19. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Have you played GTA5?

20. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    gta5 is not made to be politically correct, it's the exact opposite. It's every stereotype possible in there...