NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I would try 0x080000C1 and see if that makes a visual difference for you.

If not then it should be fine.

2. daninthemix

daninthemix Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    0x000000C1 seems to be best. It's weird, because 0x000000C1 on Mass Effect 2 didn't even give me AA at all on the new drivers, so I think the problem that's surfaced is a larger one to do with SGSSAA compatibility. It isn't just the judder thing, it's actively breaking compatibility bits.

3. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB
    So anyone knows if it is possible to force AA in FFXIV 14 directX 11 mode?
    I recently came and i cannot seem to find it. DX9 mode works perfect but DX11 refuses to.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  4. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Like I said it could just be the 8. UE3 games are problematic without them a lot of times.
    Nope.

5. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  6. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Can't force AA in DX11 right now. DSR does work though.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    It does, but the UI becomes unbelievably ugly and tiny at high resolutions.

8. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    hello about DSR here! xD

Should i or need i Change my Desktop resolution to the DSR resolution before i lunch my
    Games! or should i keep it to my native res 1080p to get the quality down sampled image?

I am new whit nvidia cards! so i just asking! :)

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    No you don't need to for most games. There are some that will only see downsampling resolutions when you set them as desktop resolution.

So try it if it isn't showing up in any given game. (Like Lords of Shadow 2)

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Does anyone know of a working MSAA + SGSSAA compatibility flag for the recently released Rocket League, which is using the DX9 Unreal Engine 3? Thanks.

11. daninthemix

daninthemix Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So am I right in thinking that if I make the leap to Windows 10, whatever Nvidia driver I have will break SGSSAA again?

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I don't know. I haven't tested W10, but from what I remember W8 did cause some problems with some games it seems. so it's possible I guess!

I plan on dualbooting eventually, and only using W10 for DX12 stuff.

13. teppic

teppic Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    SGSSAA is broken in Dead Space as well in the current drivers. Stuttery as hell on my 980, while 4k DSR works smoothly at 60fps.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Has anyone been able to force some proper Anti-Aliasing in Heroes of the Storm?

15. daninthemix

daninthemix Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So a bunch of games in the master list say "NEEDS AA fix" - what is this AA fix it's talking about?

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    The OP hasn't been updated in a very long time. I can only update the actual document itself. So sorry it's not made very clear.

It was originally only made for TF2,and was a hidden setting until it was discovered it could fix a number of issues for certain games.

If you are using any version of Inspector from the last year or two, you should have it easily visible
    [​IMG]

17. ahmlet

ahmlet Member

GPU:
    980 ti g1gaming
    Hi, I just tried submerged, a beatiful "ico" inspired game, pure exploration. And the alising is quite noticeable. Do anybody know about a good antialising fix for unreal engine 4 games?

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Aside from using UE4 Temporal AA (If the game has it) with downsampling (DSR). NOPE Sorry :/

Developers and Engine Developers only care about getting what quality they can for as little cost as possible. HQ doesn't matter when it comes to AA to them

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I have wondered whether MFAA will benefit SGSSAA performance in anyway. So I tested a DX11 game that could be enhanced with SGSSAA, Far Cry Blood Dragon.

The results were interesting. It seems to work statically. But as soon as movement of the camera occurs, there is a ghosting/smearing effect that isn't shown in screenshots.

The lower level of SGSSAA, the worse it looks.

So, so far at least in this case. Not useable. Not that I didn't expect this, since from what I recall, SGSSAA is coded to precisely match the sampling points and grid from the MSAA component. And since MFAA changes this every frame it messes it up

EDIT:

It turns out that MFAA doesn't function properly below 40FPS. Below that threshold, MFAA causes smearing and blurring in motion. Even when just enhancing built in MSAA with MFAA. With SGSSAA however, even at above 40FPS it causes some smearing/blurring in motion.

One example: Grandia II Anniversary Edition runs at a locked 30FPS and is DX11. Enhancing the MSAA with MFAA causes smearing/blurring in motion.

Essentially, just load up any DXGI game with MSAA, lock the framerate to 30 and enable MFAA to see this happening.

It is impossible to record too. Recording video results in the video having none of the smearing/blurring issues.

EX: Far Cry 3 BD at 30FPS with 2xMSAA+MFAA
    https://copy.com/MHmUgH9gyeEXXcPc

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  20. NeoChaos

NeoChaos Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB
    I just made the leap to Win10 and I can confirm that SGSSAA still works just fine. Loaded my exported Inspector profiles and they were working in those games like nothing had changed. :thumbup: