Geforce 353.62 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lunario, Jul 28, 2015.

1. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    So, still having the issues some on .49 Drivers. Also notice the Windows 10 UI is laggy. Opening notifications/rightclicking on start menu objects stutters as well.

Wonder if my 1x 144hz and 2x 60hz monitor set up has anything to do with it. Though disabling the 2x 60hz still gave me Windows UI Stutter.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    fullscreen start can sometimes lag if you have something on desktop or just lags out of blue.. Mostly if its installing/copying or scanning stuff..
    And I've been missing start icons, I think the trigger was windows10 manager icons reset, well its happening since then heh..

Also Im kinda of suspecting driver bug with 3d printing app, photos app, sometimes it opens sometimes just close/hang after 5sec - so far the most troublesome is photo app.
    Only works if I don't add anything to library, if I try to view it it closes after 5sec.. I dont have anything extra - just driver, physx.

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Do we know when a possible DX9 random lag and stutter/freeze fix on Windows 10 is due to release for all affected hardware?

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/windows-10-tweaks.214172/#post-3316914

you will get event viewer error from device setup manager, but does stop drivers from being isntalled

that does nothing

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    my friend got a new driver, did anyone else got something ?

6. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Nothing new here, what version did your friend get ?

7. wyldmagik

wyldmagik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA-1070-FTW
    ^^
    Mistaken - it does stop it installing for it stopped doing so after DDU said it would alter the rgistry to do so on wipe of files/reboot.

Retarted and no stupid install of nvidia drivers no more. If you have done it once already you won't get the msg again. If you personally had a different experience it must be end user problems only. Or you are on windows 10 home or something quirky.

8. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I have the same with win 8.1 . Haven't tried with win 10 yet.

9. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Been busy the last few weeks so not really been keeping upto date with driver developments.

Was on .49 previously and seemed to work fine, updated to these .62's today (used DDu to clean first) and for the first time in many many years with nVidia i have a problem.

Cant get Gsync to work in games.

Monitor says its on, but tearing everywhere in GTA V

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    for windows 10 it does nothing, many people have said this many times for win7/8 it ddu does stop it, Unless MS decided to re enable those setting again since launch

11. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    So I did an in place upgrade of Windows 10. It kept trying to install nvidia drivers and not completing (did first time I installed as well). So did DDU and uninstalled the .49's from before the update and installed .62's and so far everything is working fine.

So possibly one of the apps I removed (so much bloatware in this windows) or settings I change lead to the issue. Will try and remove some of the apps again and hope the issue doesn't come back.

12. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    MkX keeps stuttering during a match, vram seems to remain stuck @1468mb. Fix please nvidia!.

Gtx660 stock
    i5 3330 stock
    Windows 7 64bit
    8gb Ram

13. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Ok seems I was being a noob.

Its been so long since I actually played a game, I missed the new GSync features eg the abilty for it to turn off when monitor refresh reached.

You now have to use the Vertical Sync setting in conjunction with GSync setting.

So to just have normal old skool GSync, both must be on.
    To use the new feature (disable Gsync when fps > max referesh rate) you need Gsync on and Vsync off.

Putting Gsync on and Vsync on in 3d settings returns Gsync to normal working in GTA V for me !!!

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have noticed that issue with a lot of my games since installing Windows 10, especially those that use Unreal Engine 3, which also likes to reset all the graphics settings to their defaults and run at 800x600. I believe that behaviour is triggered by graphics driver updates but it is still extremely annoying all the same. :bang:

Otherwise, once the games have been set to fullscreen, they seem to stay in fullscreen mode. No doubt the next graphics driver update will reset all those UE3 games though!

I do not recall encountering this bug with GTA V though, granted I have only loaded it up a few times since installing Windows 10.

15. izzat0amir

izzat0amir Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 GAMING
    Today i just got my first the display driver has stopped responding and recovered with this driver on Win10 Pro while playing Borderlands 2. and btw, i OCed

16. Shire

Shire Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980ti
    Hello everybody,

I have just joined this forum. My experience with 353.62 has been horrible so far. I upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10. I have tested H1Z1 and Heroes of the Storm with these drivers, both games are almost unplayable and suffer from stutters and generally low performance, which seems to get even worse while playing for longer durations.

I am running a GTX 980ti. Yesterday I did a fresh clean install of Windows 10. Performance is still horrible. Today I downgraded to 353.49, but performance seems to be only slightly improved and still lightyears behind Win8.1.

I don't know what to do, especially when many people seem to have no problems on Win10 at all.

Can someone recommend a driver until this gets (hopefully) fixed or should I just wait?

17. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    No issues with 353.62.. 0 crashed, stable performance, no issues in games, faster performance than on Windows 8.1.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Open Powershell X64 as admin

type the following command -

Press Enter and watch all those stupid needless Apps go bye bye ;)

Only a few will remain as they are a core part of Windows and can not be removed.

Hope this helps.

19. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    Yea, I've done that. As well as some of the other methods. I'm thinking that might be what caused my performance issues. Since I did an in place upgrade Win10 to Wn10 (after a clean install) and didn't remove any apps performance is fine/no more stuttering. When I get some free time I'll probably remove them one by one to see which one (if any) was the cause. Since aside from removing apps, nothing has changed between installs of Win10.

Edit: as a side note I hate that Calculator is part of those apps and not built in. First upgrade I did a remove all and it got rid of calculator, and the windows store so I couldn't reinstall it. Second time I removed them individually. Both times I had the performance issues/stutters I mentioned previously.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I got an update today in Windows Update (W10) but when I checked sys info I still got 353.62
    What did happen though was that NVCPL dissapeared from sys tray and the "update" also installed Stereoscopic 3D and stuff like that.