Acer Predator X34 Will get 100Hz Refresh Rate Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    On these FreeSync/G-sync monitors, why do they only spec the highest refresh and not also the lowest? What's FreeSync/G-sync for if there's no lowest refresh rate information?

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    One has to love brown nosing Acer did here.
    So, is Freesync version 30% cheaper here? I do not think so. Why would I pay for 100Hz screen which they artificially limited to 75Hz?

4. ChuckyDB

ChuckyDB Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980TI poseidon
    That's a freesync only problem.
    G-Sync, when the lowest refresh is reached, they double the refresh rate.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I don't think so.

6. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

7. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
  8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I have only seen this mentioned for FreeSync once it dips below the minimum refresh rate. Do you have a link?

9. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    It is in the article posted by Teawithgrief.

The transitioning of true frames occurs at the same time, throwing in filler frames will make it less jarring but the outcome is still the same, not enough FPS.

10. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Unfortunately I don't see quote regarding "jarring" or anything like that related to the G-Sync functionality in the article.

In the comments section if your referring to this comment then it's above the minimum refresh rate and as the tester mentioned related to his "old oscilloscope having a hard time triggering."

To which the tester responded

11. broke

broke Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
  12. empyah

empyah Guest

GPU:
    VaporX OC R9 290X CF
    I wanted to wait and see how the Freesync version of this monitor will turn out,
    and after this 75Hz slap in the face with a pricetag of over a THOUSAND FREAKING EUROS i believe it will be the ASUS MG279Q instead.
    Good job Acer - and by good job i actually mean f**K you as you did me.

13. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Compared to other 34", curved format screens with a 21:9 aspect ratio and 3440 x 14 the price is about right. If you are buying a monitor in this category (ultra-wide gaming screens) high prices are expected whether it's FreeSync or G-Sync. G-Sync's will average about $100 more and this version most likely has the newer G-Sync 2 module .

14. empyah

empyah Guest

GPU:
    VaporX OC R9 290X CF
    Expected?
    Yes - as in Wearefirstonthemarketearlyadopteridiötbetatester-Tax.
    Well see about the price when Asus,LG and the others(god forbid the Koreans make some) come with similar Modells, they will be throwing them at us,
    at their actuall worth - which is at 800$ tops.

15. JRey

JRey Guest

GPU:
    295x2 + 290x Trifire
    The Acer XR341CK is actually very good. I got mine last Friday and played a couple games on it maxed out:

-Crysis 3
    -Tomb Raider
    -Bioshock Infinite
    -Counter Strike GO

I used the frame limiter in CCC to max out at 75Hz since the freesync range is 30Hz to 75Hz. Everything felt very BUTTERY SMOOTH with no screen tearing. I didn't notice any blur either.

There is some blacklight bleed around the upper edges but most of it went away once it was calibrated. (TFTCentral settings + colormunki).

My previous monitor was an ROG Swift. The difference between 120Hz (couldn't get 144 to work) and 75Hz w/Freesync is very minimal. It's not as smooth as 120Hz but freesync makes up for it.

16. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    I do not see any difference in the picture between 48 and 75Hz on my FreeSync monitor. In the range of FreeSync, picture is just absolutely smooth. I'm afraid that the same applies to 76-100Hz range. The picture will be the same absolutely smooth. Only two parameters seems to be important - frame limiter, which does not allow to exceed the upper synchronization limit and lower limit.

17. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    now I will just wait for a Korean version of this screen which hits 100hz ...who gives a toss about freesync/gsync 1000 euro is rediculous!!

18. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Getting there. I guess full 144 Hz spec will be available when I get my Skylake-E PC in 2017.

19. Unstizzy

Unstizzy Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC
    So this says to me, "Just wait for Gen 2 or 3." Cool product but the price is a little over bearing.

20. Teawithgrief

Teawithgrief Guest

This is the best-in-slot gaming monitor. Putting together all the best that is spread over the monitor market and having a refresh rate high enough to be considered to make 144hz monitor users happy and probably will have ULMB @ 100hz too.
    Its actually eating more bandwidth than 4k with its 100hz refresh rate. Its the highest bandwidth single cable monitor.

If you think the best-in-slot eyefinity replacing monitor is "too expensive" its not for you. You and me both have to wait a bit extra to have more competition for this out there.