Geforce 353.62 WHQL Driver download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lunario, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D lol, legacy patience

Yea, since I blocked the broken 353.62 with that MS tool, WU leaves my GPU alone now, I don't install 3D Vision stuff either

2. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    So I went back and found 353.49 drivers and installed them. They are like 100x better in regards to the frametime spikes/stutters. Still get the occasional hitch however. But since it's better definitely seems a driver issue.

I clean installed, updated bios, changed SSD settings, HPET etc etc. And nothing had an impact on it.

Was running perfect in Win 8.1 with 353.38. Now to block windows from wanting to put the 353.62 back on.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    How do you do that, I heard something in device manager but couldn't find anything about disabling updates...

Well I had 353.49 for few moments, but then Windows decided to install back 353.62 lol

4. demise

demise Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6700 10GB
    Did you install the chipset inf? If you did double check device manager and make sure none of the Intel stuff is running the generic 2006 microsoft driver (pci express root port, dram controller, etc).

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    When you use DDU it automatically disables windows driver updates.

6. demise

demise Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6700 10GB
    Right click start button > system > advanced system settings > hardware tab > device installation settings button. Dunno if this actually does anything, WU never tried to install drivers for me even when it was on. /shrug

7. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    [​IMG]

Win 10 Vs Win8.1 (Red Box)

8. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    In the OS forum here the post by Extraordinary has a link to a troubleshooter by MS to hide updates.

Yea, I installed chip set drivers and all that. It's driver related as .49 is 100x better (But have gotten a driver not responding crash with them once so far).

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Won't work for Windows 10.

Has to be done via gpedit.msc
    Administrative Templates - System - Internet Communication Management - Internet Communication settings

If WU already found a driver update you need to hide it too to prevent it from installing it regardless: wushowhide.diagcab https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

EDIT: which one do I turn off, Update device driver searching or Access to all windows update features or both?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015

11. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    guys after clean install win10, straight away install nvidia & realtek then reboot don't let windows detected during windows update or other software like intel management,etc.. windows won't detect anymore & so far 353.62 no issue.

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Only device driver searching.

13. netkas

netkas Guest

GPU:
    Many
    Nvidia just released 355.06 beta driver for linux and there it is:

rel/gpu_drv/r355/r355_00-38

So we can expect r355 drivers for windows soon as well.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No major issues with these drivers so far on Windows 10 Pro except for noticing a few instances where my screen "blacks" out for a fraction of a second. This definitely never happened in Windows 8.1 Pro. It is infrequent enough not to be a concern - I have seen it three times in the last week - but I thought I would mention it here since it does not seem to be 'normal' behaviour.

I checked the event log and it lists this as a standard entry (i.e. not a red or yellow warning): A caller specified the SDC_FORCE_MODE_ENUMERATION flag in a call to the SetDisplayConfig() API

I noticed that GeForce Experience popped up with a message that 'new optimal game settings have been applied' so I am guessing it is related to that?

Anyone else experiencing these momentary screen black-outs?

*EDIT*
    Just checked the Control Panel and I noticed that DSR Factor 2.00x has AGAIN been added to the list despite me removing it on numerous occasions previously. When I removed and applied it the screen blanked so I am speculating that the blanking I am seeing is when GeForce Experience adds the DSR Factor of 2.00x back to the control panel settings! STOP DOING THIS PLEASE!?!

I mentioned this DSR Factor issue last week by the way. I cannot understand why GFExperience keeps adding this 2.00x Factor back when I only want 1.78x (2560x1600), 2.25x (2880x1800) and 4.00x (3840x2400). Seems very much like a bug to me, triggered in my experience by GFExperience as it keeps suggesting the bizarre resolution of 2715xWhatever (2.00x) for a few of my games. However, despite me customising the game to use 1920x1200, 2560x1600, 2880x1800 or 3840, it still keeps insisting on adding that DSR Factor back!!! Annoying. :3eyes:

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Disable "Automatically apply optimal settings updates" in GeForce Experience, that way you won't get black screens neither DSR added to the global profile.
    Having automatic updates enabled will also mess around with your custom made profiles, so notifications about updates should be enough, you can then chose to apply them as they come or customize them instead.

One thing that could be nice is, if GeForce Experience would allow us to adjust each individual setting pr. game and lock plus exclude the profile for each specific game from updates afterwards.
    An Export/Import function would also be handy, could even be NVidia cloud based, since you can log in up against their servers with GFE.
    NV Inspector is still more flexible when it comes to customizing and making games look their best.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for tip, Mineria.

17. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Back to 353.49 for me too, the .62 ones TDR everyday in diff games. Same clock on gpu/mem as on win 8,1.

18. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    My only issue with this driver is in GTA V always starts in window mode I set it to full screen and all is well, the next time I start the game it's back to window mode I'm not sure if it's the driver, game or Windows 10?

19. A2ra3L

A2ra3L Member

GPU:
    MSI RX7600
    I was worried about updating to windows 10 because of the problems people were having with this driver but I have to say I havn't had anything go wrong. I only install the display driver and physx and untick everything else the same as I always have in windows 7.

No stuttering/crashes in the games I have tried so far, performance seems the same. So far at least I have drivers to go back to if anything goes wrong with future ones :p

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That L4D2 low 4-5fps bug was indeed older SweetFX fault, now using latest reshade sweetfx 2.0 version and it runs fine.