SBZ Switcher - Double click Speakers/Headphones mode switching available

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by applejack, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    For some reason the program closing itself does not seem to be working. When I have it set to close itself when BF4.exe is run, it does close itself, but then it appears to start itself right back up. It then will start a loop of closing and then reopening itself.

2. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    right, I missed the fact that SBZSwitcherHelper fails when trying to access 64bit process info (e.g. bf4.exe 64bit version).
    instead of recompiling the helper as 64bit I fixed it by using another method (WMI) for querying running processes (same method used by SBZSwitcher.exe).

you can download the SBZSwitcherHelper hotfix here (extract to SBZ Switcher folder & overwrite):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbzswitcher/files/SBZSwitcherHelper_Hotfix.7z/download

I'll include it in next update, after addressing kastriot's request. :cheers:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  3. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    can you move the file to mega possibly? your hosting site is down

4. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X

5. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
  6. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
  7. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
  8. Squeeker

Squeeker Member

GPU:
    ASUS Nvidia GTX780 3Gb
    I seem to have a problem when switching between Headphones and my Speaker settings.
    The thing is I have my speakers through digital input, and headphones...well, as usual, and when using the switcher the SBZ panel won't change the Encoder (under cinematic) to Dolby Digital Live, which is needed for me to get the sound through the speakers. (It also won't change back to "no encoder" whilst trying to get the headphones to work)

Is there anyway I can change this? or must I continue to do this normally?

9. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    why would you want to change Encoder settings on each Speaker/Headphones switch, when you can instead tick SBZ Switcher's "SPDIF-Out Auto Mute" feature ?
    anyway, SBZ Switcher does support Encoder toggling (via tray menu or hotkey), I simply didn't bother adding it to the Speakers/Headphones switching chain, since "SPDIF-Out Auto Mute" already covers this.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  10. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Hello there!

Im on Win10 with 8.1 drivers (soundcard SBZ).

Yesterday i installed a small dac so now ive got the headphones connected to the soundcard and the speakers to the dac and this one to the optical output.

card---mic
    card---headphones
    card(optical)---dac---speakers

I tried SPDIF as default and speakers as default in windows sound panel, playing stereo mix out of optical on and off (advance options en SB panel), but if listen sound from one source the other wont work.

My question is, how the hell i must config SB control panel and windows "sound panel" to switch between headphones and speakers "double-clicking". Is it possible to make this work?

PS: I think the right choice is to make SPDIF default and switching to headphones should make both speakers and headphones sound... so using the "auto-mute" option in the switcher should do the trick... BUT... if i make SPDIF default and switch to headphones, no sound is coming from headphones.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

11. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    in your case I see two configuration options:

1. using just the speakers playback device for both headphones and speakers (play stereo mix to digital output).
    spdif-out "auto-mute" is only partially supported because of a driver bug in "play stereo mix to digital output" which must be manually unchecked and rechecked after un-muting spdif-out for spdif audio to return.

2. using speakers playback device for headphones, and spdif-out playback device for speakers.
    you disable "play stereo mix to digital output" and keep sb control panel always configured for headphones, as its features won't affect spdif-out device anyway.
    you switch between speakers/headphones by toggling the playback devices. volume is naturally remembered for each device separately.

for option 1, I could implement automation to uncheck & recheck stereo mix when switching back to speakers (if using "auto-mute" feature).
    this would be similar to uncheck stereo mix on switch to headphones and recheck stereo mix on switch to speakers, without actually muting/unmuting spdif-out.
    although I think its better to auto-mute and do the stereo mix recheck on switch to speakers, as to spare the stereo mix uncheck automation on switch to headphones.

for option 2, I could allow the tray icon double-click to only toggle playback devices (although you can set a playback device hotkey instead, or right click and select default playback device).
    but as I said, remember that with this configuration you lose all sb control panel features over spdif device.

let me know the specific implementation you need, and I'll see what I can do.

12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Ty, didnt thought about second option. Good enough with right click :)

13. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    You're welcome. don't forget to enable secondary playback device icon in SBZ Switcher settings ("More Hotkeys" tab / "Playback Devices" section).

btw, as requested by kastriot, secondary device's volume steps setting (for volume control hotkeys) will be added in next version.

14. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    Sorry for the long delay guys, he we go:

version 1.9.6:
    -------------
    - fixed Windows 10 compatibility and automations.
    - fixed Evade blacklisted 64bit processes monitoring.
    - added blacklisted process editor UI.
    - added additional Mute devices hotkeys.
    - added volume hotkey steps for secondary playback devices.
    - updated settings UI.
    - updated AutoHotKey binary (v1.1.22.04).
    - includes additional minor tweaks.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbzswitcher/files/Release/SBZSwitcher_v1.9.6.7z/download

note: speakers level/position profiles are still in development, currently disabled in UI.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  15. INTREPID-NY

INTREPID-NY Guest

Default Startup Mode Switch Delay - Fix

Bug Report Ver. 1.9.6

Extra Tab - Option:

"Default Startup Mode Switch Delay"

Bug: Delay does not work with Windows 10
    using either SBZSwitcherElevated.exe or SBZSwitcher.exe

If you run SBZSwitcher manually as Administrator, the delay works.

The only solution I've found it to use a scheduled task to run SBZSwitcher. Must set task to run with highest privileges and it must start "at log on" with specific user (do NOT use "at startup").
    I also set the SBZSwitcher executable in compatibility properties to run as administrator as well (probably not necessary).

Thank You for a nice program. Donation sent.

--Marc

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016

16. MeJoho

MeJoho Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 960 4 GB
    Link mics to playback devices

It needs to be able to link microphones to speakers and headphones!
    So that it's easier for people with 2 microphones in the Sound Blaster Z to change between front or rear mic, when changing speakers and headphones. (1 mic for the headset, another for the speakers)

Just like it's easy to change between speakers and headphones it should be just as easy to change between micophones. (there's a front panel header on the backside of the Sound Blaster Z so you can have 2 mics connected to the card. You can change between the mics in the Sound Blaster Control Panel)

Thanks. The program has great potential.
    :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  17. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    Hi,

Awesome app, just what I was looking for.

I'm on Windows 10.

I noticed a bug where setting left-click (tray icon) to 'none' has no effect, it still annoyingly pop the CP. ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  18. gonsa

gonsa Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hi,

Thank you very much for this program. It is awesome.

I have an issue though and not related to the app itself.

Whenever I switch from speakers to headphones and vice-versa, the sound of some programs and games breaks. If I'm watching a video with sound on youtube, I have to restart the tab to make sound work again. If I'm in a game like Arma 3 and switch the playback it breaks the sound too and I have to exit the game and lauch it again to have sound. I know this is an issue from SB itself but I wonder if anyone knows a way of not breaking the playback sound when switching.
    I'm on Windows 10 x64

Thank you

19. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Same here on win7x64.
    SB software related I think.

20. gonsa

gonsa Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If we connect the front speakers to the headphone entry on the back of the soundcard, do I lose any features as in the front speakers entry?
    'cause this way the sound doesn't break anymore when switching headphone/speakers