353.62 WHQL (Windows 10 Only)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MoKiChU, Jul 25, 2015.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    DSR is screwed up with FIFA 15. Washed out contrast and a little burry.

2. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    The current GeForce Experience won't optimize all games, some does and some don't

Clean install and what not won't solve the issue.

3. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Question is, why would you want it?

GFE "optimization" suggestions are stupid at the very least.

4. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090

Definitely. In 9 out of 10 cases you can go with much higher settings than what it recommends. Only use for me is killing the card led's and game streaming

5. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    Ok, just call me lazy and move on.

Now, I notice that despite having the latest (the one I manually download from Nvidia, clean install selected) driver, Windows update would just get another one downloaded anyway. Now, which one should I keep/reinstall, that is?

6. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    No bud, meant nothing by it. Just missing out on some better IQ by using it.
    But I will never use wu drivers. If it does install a new one via wu I will block it and reinstall the latest directly from nvidia, always. Which btw, is an absolutely stupid move by ms. Its like they do it on purpose on every os release to just force something stupid that pisses people off. Only major flaw from w10 which, for me, has otherwise been flawless

7. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Not sure what to make of this.

I've been seeing little graphic corruptions every now and then.

Yesterday playing Half life 2, the water turned into pink squares. I had to restart the game. Also upon booting windows last night I saw lots of Pink squares appear on a BSOD with Video Tdr Failure error.

Just now in Steam the entire chat windows turned into green wireframe. Literally lines all over it. I restarted Steam, issue went away.

In all cases Gpu is barely being utilized.

The other day I turned Pc on and the screen didn't even turn on.

It's quite intermittent. But I can usally play a demanding game for hours on end and see no issues at all. Gta v 3 hours yesterday, no problems.

Windows auto updated my drivers.

It's not specific to this driver, as I have seen a few corrupted screens prior. Corruption as in, usually weird shapes and a freeze.

Bad video card?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  8. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Well better be, in august we get DX 12 benchmark and DX 12 patch to a game. ARK: Survival Evolved

9. zoomer-fodder

zoomer-fodder Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Poseidon 780 SLI
  10. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    try redusing the smoothing factor in dsr

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not such sacrifice, and I can tell you that actual WDDM 2.0 drivers of all vendors are far from stable and tuned for a consumer usage scenario. Cannot tell more due NDA.

12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    DSR has silently changed again. In winowed/borderless mode, there is zero shimmering and smoothness option doesn't have any effect. However, picture is not very sharp (especially with low factors).
    In fullscreen mode, much more smoothness is needed to avoid shimmering than with previous drivers (at least I would guess so).
    I don't know why Nvidia always changes something of DSR and it's never really great. Make it one time and for all sharp and shimmering-free at once. Downscaling doesn't cost much ALU performance, it could easily be done...
    Use a good Mitchel algorithm or so, just try around with downscaling in madVR...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  13. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Project cars also going to have DX 12 patch soon. Maybe cheers' you up.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Also unstable because now game developers are more involved then before. So, it is up to them as well. This is also well known .

15. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    It's the same smoothing factor I've always used and looks fine in GTA V. When I switch FIFA 15 back to 1080p it looks fine. I'll test some more games later. Hopefully it's just FIFA not playing nice with DSR on Win 10.

16. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    But the problem is, Win10's Windows Update has far less options to choose, primary when comes to whether to download things - back in Win7 you can choose whether to download or not in the first place, but this time round everything is automatic.

Or is the option is still present just that I've overlooked it? I know Win10 Professional has deferred update option, but Win10 Home has no such option.

17. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    DSR is fudged with these drivers. I''m going to have to try reinstalling them.

- GTA V works fine. Although if you change the resolution a few times using DSR the contrast looks washed out until you restart the game.
    - FIFA 15 the contrast looks washed out with DSR. It's also started crashing after the language screen no matter my settings.
    - Dying Light stretches beyond the confines of the screen with DSR (in both Fullscreen and Windows modes).
    - Alien: Isolation works fine.
    - When the washed out DSR bug starts it also affects the OS and programs like Steam until I switch resolutions or restart the computer.

* Update: Reinstalling the drivers seems to have fixed the DSR issues. Never had so much trouble with drivers before.

FIFA 15 still crashes so it's probably an OS issue. It's almost as if EA paid MS to make sure people would have to buy FIFA 16 :3eyes:

18. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I had to disable MFAA to get DXDiag to report DX12 and for 3DMark to run the DX12 API Overhead test.

19. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I just tested Thief game with Very high preset ssaa off (1080p). Man , super smooth and min fps up to 29 now even my rig clocked slower atm. Just great. I had some problems on win 8.1 but here with win 10 no wrinkles anywhere :D
    Feels like, i just got an new vga in my rig.

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    bro, how u solved the minor freeze on fifa 15 during u/opponnet try to shoot/cross the ball inside the box?? the game is badly optimize..

fyi, if u run dsr on fifa 15 u can't alt + tab out it will return to blurry..