Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    TGOT posted a "testing" version of this mod a month ago.

http://1drv.ms/1JJBeLR

I like it quite a lot and I adapted my Reshade Preset for it. The only issue I have is the bloom that is too strong (blinded in tramway, blinding ads, can't read the board in hideouts,...).

But I don't have the knowledge to fix this. Is anybody willing to create a fixed bloom.lib ?

Otherwise I made a patch.dat and patch.fat with better balanced high settings (more beautiful yet faster), reworked over 1200 ultra textures (lighter while more beautiful) and headbob fixes.
    I added too my ReshadeFX preset (it absolutely doesn't change the mood of the mod, just add lot of details and extra effects).

I can upload my files as a "test" version of the mod, but this bloom issue bothers me.

Screens below were taken with my High Settings, my Ultra Textures and my Reshade preset. Suited for a Geforce GTX 770. With my current rig, I easily get a constant 60fps (with Vsync).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Hey, love the images, but my game crashes on startup when using this... Any help?

Should I be using a vanilla version while testing?

[EDIT:] Game just crashes anyways now... Irrelevant, sorry.

3. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Is your patch.dat near 4gb ? Try disable SLI.

I am uploading my version, that works for me. Wait about 10 hours.

4. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    No, the game was corrupted, so I had to do a reinstall, and it did the trick.

[EDIT:] Prettttttyyyyy

[​IMG]

[EDIT2:] Question: Is anyone having troubles with reshade? The game just doesn't launch on the latest version, and crashes on older versions.

Any help?

[EDIT3:] Nevermind, Ubi updated the game to OpenGL Rather that Directx11... :|

5. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    You can have crashes with reshade if a file is missing (the reshade64.dll for example) or if you use the "Disable Highlighting" tweak with it. Are you using monitoring tools such as MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X ? It crashes if I try using Precision X.

Here is my pack, with the testing Definitive Mod + My Textures + E3 anims with HeadBobs + My Reshade Preset (SCROLL LOCK to Toggle (I still have to adjust HDR that is too strong))

https://mega.co.nz/#!9U8kGQrY!o6QnM_WqPsf304g6oodsDnQd4hYRi_MnR_H3LK7XUdM

Just unpack the archive to your Watch Dogs directory and voila ! (don't forget to make a backup, for more safety)

To begin, I recommend testing with High Settings + Ultra Textures + Temporal SMAA. Then you can adjust to your rig.

Ultra settings are ONLY for GTX 980 4gb and ABOVE !!!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  6. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Thank you Kurotenshi looks good will give it a try :)

7. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Hmm this still has the shrugging while walking. If you can you should take that out.

8. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    I didn't pay attention. I put the empty animation file and didn't mind as I was told It worked flawlessly.

I'll not take another 12 hours only for that ^^. I'll provide the link to the file to update your patch.dat.

By the way, is the rest working ?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  9. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    The game crashed once or twice when I was changing some settings in the pause menu. Other than that it runs pretty smooth on my end. :)

10. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Changing settings during game can indeed make it crash sometimes. This game is very demanding.

Finally, which settings did you use ? Using the settings I recommended, you should already be beyond 60fps (I am at 45fps at worse).

Otherwise, do you have an idea to reduce the amount of Bloom (I don't talk about Reshade) ?

11. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I play with everything on ultra, 2x msaa and vsync to cap it at 30 fps. Unlocked I get between 30-40 fps. With your recommended settings I get about 65 fps most of the time. Sadly I'm just here to test some mods as I am not really into modding myself, so I have no idea how to fix the bloom issue :/.

12. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    No problem ^^. The main purpose is to optimize the game and make it more enjoyable.

A little tip to improve further your performances. Enable MFAA in NVidia control panel.
    The reflections in ultra have MSAA 4X. With MFAA, you should get MSAA 2X performances without noticeable quality loss. And you can attempt MSAA 4X as antialiasing parameters ;)

13. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Is it on purpose that the lightning looks so redish in the southern part of the map?
    [​IMG]

14. Khan213

Khan213 Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990
    Hi @ThatGuyOverTher,

I like your worked too much and I am salute for your efforts. You are doing amazing work with UBI-tch game. I really appreciated your work and your hard efforts.

My question is that, Is your mode final version or updated version or you will release a new version soon? Please update me so I will wait.

Thank you.

15. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Whaoo ! No it's not on purpose ^^.

Did you try toggling off Reshade with the ScrollLock key to see if this occurs too with the "vanilla" mod ?

Otherwise, if it comes from reshade it's probably related to HDR, as I stated previously.

16. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    ScrollLock doesn't work for me. If I press it nothing happens.

17. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Do you have a message at top left hand corner at game start ?
    If your keyboard is of a foreign country, the keys disposition can make Scroll Lock not the good key to switch.

"Reshade => compiled successfully"

Edit : I tested and I think it's because of the HDR of the Reshade Preset. I still have to refine it.

18. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    No there is no text in the top left. What can I do about that? Any ideas?

19. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Did you extract the "bin" folder as well ?

20. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Just going off the path a little bit.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but has anyone found anything related to the cloth physics for Aiden's coat? Any hex code? Or gravity settings?

[EDIT:] Just looking for input here, how does this look?

[​IMG]

(P.S. Sorry if my spelling is a little off, I'm adapting to a new keyboard :))

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015