new driver W10 update 353.54

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by chuchicoupe, Jul 22, 2015.

1. karserasl

karserasl Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Ok so im gonna downgrade.. Its unusable right now.

2. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    In the past the code sent to OEMs was the RTM. Even there was no big announcement, 10240 should probably be treated as the RTM because the build number is divisible by 16, it has no watermark and is only receiving patches through WU up until the 29th when it will be considered a full and final Windows 10.

On topic, I never received the last WU-only driverset nor this one on 3 different machines (860m/980/970) Would be nice for an official set to release on Nvidia's site.

3. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
  4. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    Just had a BSOD with these. Finished playing a game then opened potplayer video froze but still had sound then BSOD. I will leave them on for today if I have more problems will go back to 353.30.

5. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    After somewhat searching, I indeed found the package in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\download

It was named :
    752510a85d509c5abe66c4cb60cc06ac7f1c4154

without any extension!
    After placing a rar extension behind it (zip or anything else will do also if you have 7-zip) I could extract them.

Kind of hate this way of doing things tbh, loving Win 10, but this...

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @russ1 can i know what's ur 970 hurricane bios version? can u share ur bios? thanks..

7. Antares88

Antares88 Guest

Still getting huge memory leak. I think it's time to go back to a single GPU. SLI/CF support just sucks.

8. russ1

russ1 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    Bios version is 84.04.2f.00.22

9. Napster

Napster Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia GTX980Ti SLI
    Yea why the hell is Nvidia taking so long to fix these memory leaks.

10. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    By the tearing maybe do you mean what I'm talking about? It seems to happen on multi monitors when your refresh rates differ. It has been an issue for me for all the recent drivers along with the window shudder when you drag them (but only on a secondary monitor)

11. zooltar

zooltar New Member

GPU:
    GTX760
    Exactly this, tearing happens on my 60hz monitor while the other one (120hz) works fine. I never had such issues with any previous drivers, besides 353.50 which broke mouse cursor

12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    same with mine but i thought thai version should come with 84.04.28.00.10 cos i saw few thai review running different bios. maybe they edit to gain more performance on those particular benchmarks.

13. karserasl

karserasl Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Mine happens in both monitors..

Both of them are 60Hz

But the main is 1440p and the other 1080p

14. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    Working well for me. I'm on a single GPU (980) and single monitor (TV), but I'm running HDMI through an A/V receiver which provides its own set of complications.
    With prior drivers it would continually bounce me between RGB and YcBCr at random. Now that seems to be fixed and I'm locked at RGB full with 12 bit color like I want.
    No large cursor either. I'm happy enough. If only Nvidia would ever get their 3DTV Play activation server back online.

15. GPUSMUG

GPUSMUG Guest

GPU:
    980 Ti SLI
    Just want to report that I am also having the multi monitor issue with mixed refresh rate. Moving windows around on my secondary 60hz panel makes it seem like the app is catching spasms with all the tearing and flickering.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ok .... that tweak folks were recommending to prevent drivers showing up in wu doesn't work because I just got auto updated to this version. The giveaway was everything running choppy as if I had the OS installed on a below spec PC. Stupid wu installed a graphics driver while I was watching yt again. It's like they're asking for BSODs.

My dx version in dxdiag is 12.

For some reason wu still insists on installing 3d vision junk even though I don't have any such hardware. Fix this non-sense already, whoever the **** was responsible for this decision! As if the forced update wasn't bad enough.

I will try MPC-HC and kodi on my TV, I tend to get tdrs with recent drivers other than 353.06 if they're on the second display. Let's hope it is fixed :-/

17. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    We can thank the Windows 10 release for this.

I remember the same issue when Win8 was released... Nvidia fell far behind on fixing issues and getting games working.

18. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    I have no idea what others have posted on the level of controlling Win 10 updates (hence, which you want to install and which you don't) in the past.
    But I've managed to control it.

Don't know if it'll be possible on anything less then Enterprise, but I do think it is.
    This is what I did:

First, open group policy editor, Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc
    Look for Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update

Go to "Configure Automatic Updates"
    Either choose "Disabled", or what I did, choose "Enabled" and option 2 : Notify for download and notify for install.
    This should stop the auto download and install updates.

Then next up, download this :
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
    I know it says for Insider Preview, but it works on my RTM.

Now from now on, you always run that app first BEFORE you run Windows Update!!!
    It will check for updates, will show you which updates there are, and you can select those which you want to hide. Once hidden, you can go to the normal windows update like you always do, and they shouldn't display anymore.

I had a weird issue in the beginning however, it didn't work completely, until I installed one update, removed it again, then did the above procedure again, then everything worked, just saying. Should work from first time however.

Good luck.

PS.: If you're on of those people who like cleaning their C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download dir, remember, after doing that, you're going to have to re-hide all the updates yet again.
    I hope they bring the old and better way of hiding updates back again, because this is a PITA.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Try this to disable specific driver/hardware updates: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

20. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    driver error

When playing Evolve receive that message.

CRYENGINE ERROR

DFXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG :3eyes:

WINDOWS 10 PRO RTM 64 BITS.