The Witcher 3 Best Performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Raziael, May 19, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Tcpip used to be related to open connections years ago.

The ntoskrnl.sys must be related to the former.

Wdf01000??????

First time i see it.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yeah. Quite bad with tcpip.sys, Wdf01000 is "Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime"
    storport.sys is quite nasty too.
    I have to try in safe mode.

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Take a look at this post:

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-8-windows-rt/8419-dpc-latency-problem.html#post65164

http://www.native-instruments.com/e.../windows-78-tuning-tips-for-audio-processing/

It leads me to this rolllup update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2911106

And finally to this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2897602

Edit: Later rollup update should superseed all this but there is still something wrong in your PC...

:3eyes:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Thanks for the link. I have all the Windows Update updates so it should be included in that already.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Fix this PC ASAP!

TW3 1.03 should be released this week (maybe tommorow?).

Benching time!

:D

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    One last thing I can imagine, is a bios update for your motherboard. My guess is that you don't have any addin cards, except the GPU, right?

I have seen something similar with a computer that had was being caused by the mouse (!) plugged in.

7. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    1.07*

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    These general "performance improvements" for 1.07 make me really curious. They also changed the asset streaming engine. I predict a lot of joy, and a lot of tears :p

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I have all the latest BIOS modules. No extra PCI/E card either, just a single GPU right now. I moved the mouse to a real USB 3.0 port and it's helped a lot with USBPORT.sys, it's no longer a problem.
    I tried Windows 10, similar problems. Noticed the default timer resolution on Windows 10 is 500ms rather than 1000ms on my Windows 8.1 installation.

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Which should make things snappier. Hm... So, after all this, are you any closer to the cause? Does it happen only with the Witcher?

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not using Windows 10 as my main OS yet until RTM. Got it dual-booted to see changes/improvements etc.
    I've had enough of using LatencyMon :D
    The Witcher 3 performs better here with a lower timer resolution set with the timer resolution application. Not perfect but it is better.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Patch 1.07 is out!

It seems that finally PC version will show his advantage over consoles when "fantasy" parity with them is not a top priority.

Consoles have performance problems with this patch, FPS going as low as 20(locked)!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-should-you-install-the-witcher-3-patch-107

:download:

14. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Patch 1.07 is out on the pc, but that damn thing crashed my windows explorer. I had to hard reset, uninstall the game, reinstall, and download the patch from the site and install it from the hdd for it to work properly. Anyways, performance wise nothing changed but they added hairworks features like quality and msaa.

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I installed it. Along with Catalyst 15.7 and Windows 10, I'm now at a locked 45 at 1080p with everything on Ultra except Foliage Distance. That includes HBAO+.

Now, the greatest surprise:

It works just fine with HairWorks on, on Ultra preset with 2x Hairworks AA :D

16. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I guess only a handful of hardware experience some performance improvements or maybe it is win 10 that helps with performance. Do you still have loading issues or stutter?

I left hairworks off, i just don't like the beard the way it looks with hairworks on, kinda feels odd and doesn't match head hair color.

Set hairworks preset to low and you should even get better performance with no quality loss at all.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    No problems whatsoever. That stutter was because Windows treated the computer as idle when I was playing with a controller, and it was defraging the disks :infinity:

The game performs great here. Keep in mind that I play at a locked 30 with double vsync.

18. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    You didn't by any chance set the tessellation to 16x or 8x from ccc? :( I don't want you to miss the good looking water :( *tears*

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I have tessellation at 16x from the CCC, as always. I see no problem with water.

20. RG4520

RG4520 Guest

GPU:
    7970GHZ & 280X 3gig XFire
    I'm running the game (1.07) with 2 7970ghz in crossfire (15.7), everything maxed except for hairworks off, and foliage distance knocked down to high. I'm getting 60 fps around most areas, but in Novigrad, particularly the plaza, I get FPS drops into the mid 30's at some points. What's curious is that (using afterburner or Radeon Pro OSD) both cards hover around 60-70% usage in those areas. Even if I drop all settings to low it still drops to 35-45 in the plaza. This doesn't change if I use in game vsync, Radon Pro Vsync with Flip Que Size 1,2, or 4. If I put in the 30fps limit everything's fine, minimal stutter, but can anyone explain why the plaza is running at such a low fps when I have 30-40% of both cards available? This problem has come up elsewhere (for example frame rate drops to the mid 50's with both cards reading 80-90%), but this has been the extreme.

Also, is Flip Que Size=1 still needed with 1.07 and 15.7? Only asking because the comments made about the improvements to streaming engine. It's a case of "It's stuttering a bit to me. Is it stuttering because the game is the game, or because I don't have the right settings in Radeon Pro?"