Watch_Dogs Definitive Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by ThatGuyOverTher, Mar 8, 2015.

1. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Ahh well that sucks... Do you guys have any idea when the next update to the mod will be released?

2. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    If I am gonna be honest with you, Watch Dogs is dead pretty much. TGOT is the only one still working on the Definitive mod while me and Puredorian I think has stopped because of the reason with the game being dead. Don't expect so much stuff more. Indeed some people still like this game but the people that were there from the start with all the modding don't anymore after seing what ubi has done. Sorry for this one, I really hope we get another shot with Watch Dogs 2

3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Can I ask you Why you mod a game? Because I really can't understand "the game being dead" as a reason to stop modding something, unless you only modded it for being told that you're awesome, in this case a dead game would mean lack of people that would tell you that you're awesome... On the other side if you mod a game because you like it then the game being "dead" means nothing really. So yeah Why you mod a game?

4. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Well whatever you answer I will always be here to tell you how awesome your work is.
    If you look at the game before and after it is quite magical what you have done. I don't know if it is just my opionion, but if a game isn't perfect I think it needs a good modding community way more than a game which launches perfectly. Gothic 3, which was completely fixed by the community is a good example for that in my opinion.
    So please continue to bring these magic moments to people who really love watchdogs like me! :)

5. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    You clearly don't understand what I mean by the game being dead. No-one plays it except for some Guru3d members and people who wasn't there from launch. Plus, what else can we do? We have nice graphics but no kind of gameplay changer. What are you even doing when you are playing, roaming around looking at the nice graphics isn't very intresting, but it looks good. We can't add stuff (missions, guns, cars), only replace. There's nothing to do in WD after you finish the lame story that ubi completly ruined. You have to trust me on this one, I mean.. And why we modded it is because it was broken when we got it. Look at all the progress we did, we are finished. The rest is on ubi, who completly stopped working on Watch Dogs as it appears. We don't have tools either, since no-one cares about Watch Dogs. This is one of the proofs that the game is dead, not even Rick wants to release the full filelist, so why even bother :):):)

6. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Yes it is amazing, the graphics and all, but there is no kind of gameplay changer which makes the game interesting, in this case all the scripted events that ubi stated was dynamic all the time..

7. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Guest

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    Completely agree, with companys like cdpr that are soon going to be releasing redkit for witcher 3, it really shows how dev support for game is important. Ubi stop supporting this game and it is the main reason why it is dead.

8. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    How many people plays it means nothing, if you want to mod a game you do it regardless.
    Anyway, you are saying that this game is dead because you don't see what you can mod anymore? AFAIK you can replace 3d models of cars and weapons, you can edit weapon stats, you can edit every texture, you can switch peds and characters, you can edit the cops response stats, you can edit materials, you can even edit the .cseq scripts that besides post process effects controls spawn of enemies and a lot of the scripted things of the game.
    I don't think you've done even half of these things, so if you don't wanna mod it anymore because you don't like the game and you're interested is something else is fine, but don't blame irrelevant things like "noone plays it" or "others doesn't create tools for us"... If modding isn't easy you leave uh? "why even bother" LOL :D

So as you can see there are things that we can do, you just have to work on them because they aren't as easy as "press a button and awesome mods happens", if you leave it's fine but don't try to blame someone else for that. ;)

PS: You still haven't replied to my question: Why you mod a game? :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  9. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    :stewpid::stewpid::stewpid::stewpid::stewpid:
    You have to be kidding me, laugh of the day. Christ, I have done everything above except editing cseq scripts since I left before you guys even discovered that was possible. Do you even know what I have done? I have supported this community so much with all my findings and I also helped with the Definitive mod being in charge of anims and some textures. You have to be realistic, this game is dead and you are just too blind to see it. And how am I blaming you people, I have just told you guys that this game is dead, we have no support and the only ones play it is the guys that mod for no absolute reason. I am not even gonna bother, GTA is calling. Atleast thats a good game. I am done with WD and I uninstalled it a long time ago because of the mess it is. You still didn't take up anything about the gamechanging mods that doesn't exist because you know its true. I bet all you guys do is getting a wanted level looking at the nice graphx, cause thats pretty much what me, Puredorian and ThatGuyOverThere did while playing it.

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I'll pass on your childish behaviour with the smileys and just reply to you...

If you say so then I don't see the reason to go back here only to say that (FOR YOU) it's dead and to just leave because we all are doing pointless things. You either mod WD or decide to leave (because you aren't interested anymore or such, surely not because someone tells you to leave), and that's only up to you, so go bothering the GTA community if you don't want to work on WD anymore, there's no reason to tell us that the game is dead, really no point to get back here just for that.

11. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Now you are ignoring what I said again. How am I bothering when I am contributing to stuff? Just like I contributed to the WD forums with all my findings that you completly ignore because you know what I am saying is true. This is just pure ignorance. You do realize that the rest of the Definitive team also left the game??? You can guess the reason, its obvious.

12. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    It was pretty clear since the release of GTA5 that they were all silently leaving, and yes the reason is obvious, they like GTA more, and that's fine, it's up to them to dcide what game they want to mod. :) This doesn't mean that if you want to mod WD you can't, there are a lot of things that aren't explored (like the cseq), if there aren't many modders working on it it's just because they don't like it. ;)

Anyway since you say that I've ignored things please give me the download links to your mods where you replaced a car and weapon 3d model, weapon stats, police response stats, and edited materials. Because I'm unaware that you did these things, so it would be cool to have actually proves of what YOU say...

13. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    They left WD becaust it was crap, stop being blind. I have replaced all that stuff in experimental, but sure, if you want broken stuff I sure can send you all that..

14. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I don't understand what you're saying, are you saying that you did all these things succesfully or not? :)

They left WD modding for their reasons, they wouldn't even started modding it if they thought it was crap (or you really think people is so stupid to spend time and effort on things they don't like?), it could be because they like GTA more, or because they think that they couldn't mod WD more than this (like you think), either way "the game being dead" is not a reason to stop modding, it's a consequence of people stopping modding it. ;)

15. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    By the way, we don't have links, we did all that stuff in testing, ask TGOT if you don't believe me. If you don't believe me when we have solved most puzzles in WD modding I don't know what to do

16. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    The question is simple, if you really succesfully did all these things why you haven't released them? :)
    Why you've succesfully replaced a car with a new 3d model (as you say) and then not released it?
    Why you've succesfully replaced a gun with a new 3d model (as you say) and then not released it?
    Why you've succesfully edited weapons stats (as you say) and then not released it?
    Why you've succesfully edited the cops response stats (as you say) and then not released it?
    Why you've succesfully edited materials (as you say) and then not released it?
    These are the things YOU continue saying that you've SUCCESSFULLY done (obviously you are not talking about a half-done job with a broken result I hope...).

Anyway this isn't the point, you haven't replied about the point (actually you've ignored most of my post), the point is that you blame "the game is dead" as a reason to stop modding it, while the only reason that moves a modder away from a game is that he isn't interested in modding it anymore, simple, then the game being dead is the RESULT of this. ;)

There's still a lot that can be modded in WD, even only successfully replacing cars and weapons would lead to awesome mods, let alone editing the .cseq scripts that would open a lot of possibilities, but we still haven't seen any of these because it's a hard work and most of the modders aren't interested in this game anymore, from what I know GTA is a better game and easier to mod so the reasons are clear, but this doesn't mean that there's nothing more that can be modded in WD, it's just that almost noone wants to do it. :O

17. ModAiC

ModAiC Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R7 260X
    Okay, so the Definitive mod has edited cops response stats from the Relaunch lib and a edited weapon lib. And I have successfully replaced a gunmodel, do you remember the lowpoly 92fs I found?? You are just being stupid right now, stop making yourself look dumb, for your own best. We have edited material bins for other reflections like I did on Aidens jacket while I still was playing with it, but there was no point in editing that when we already have the graphics that we want. I don't see where you want to come to with this acting as the biggest modder of WD. You see, modding is about having fun, while you see it as a contest. We stopped modding because it simply isn't fun. We remade the ENTIRE game while you released a 92fs probably stolen from a GTA 4 modding site and ported it to WD that crashed the game at the first days with it being out. And cars?? Why even try that with the cars already being good. I have edited the car libs to try out some of the alpha minigames but those were broken so why even bother? Please, just stop being annoying and understand that this game isn't fun anymore like it used to.

18. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I'm not acting like you say, I'm just proving you that there's still a lot that can be modded, while you said that there's nothing more to do, this can be YOU HOPINION, but the FACT is that we can mod cars, weapons, materials script etc, besides what has already been done (secret broken unreleased things doesn't count obviously...). :)
    There's still a lot that can be modded in WD, even only successfully replacing cars and weapons would lead to awesome mods, let alone editing the .cseq scripts that would open a lot of possibilities, but we still haven't seen any of these because it's a hard work and most of the modders aren't interested in this game anymore, from what I know GTA is a better game and easier to mod so the reasons are clear, but this doesn't mean that there's nothing more that can be modded in WD, it's just that almost noone wants to do it. :O

Anyway you haven't replied about the point (actually you've ignored most of my posts lately), the point is that you blame "the game is dead" as a reason to stop modding it, while the only reason that moves a modder away from a game is that he isn't interested in modding it anymore (like you), it's extremely simple, then the game being dead is the RESULT of this. ;)

Forcing people to agree with your hopinion isn't stupid or dumb, it's far beyond that.

19. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Okay... After coming back from a week long trip to my cottage, I, or should I say we as the general users on the guru3d forums are confronted with hateful, rude, and otherwise non-productive comments that don't do anything but demean people, is absolutely childish and shouldn't be even thought about.

Alright, why do you have to say that? ModAiC is just displaying his opinion. It doesn't mean you HAVE to agree with it.

And yes, there are unreleased things from the definitive mod devs that needs to be polished.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, on the note of ModAiC, why do you have to tell everyone that the game is un-fun and the support is dead?
    I still find the game fun in some areas, others not. The online features are fun, and I'll go as far as some game-modes are innovative.

But you don't need to go badmouthing the game on a MODDING thread.

Now please, for the sake of all users who are dedicated to making the DEFINITIVE Watch_Dogs experience a reality. Please for the reputation of this thread. And for the continuation of the mod.

Stop, please.

I rest my case.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  20. TheI3arracuda

TheI3arracuda Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Could someone up his patch.dat and patch.fat with headbob included? I'm still new here and have no idea how to get it working. :/