Windows 10 Build 10240

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jul 15, 2015.

1. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    it will not detect any details of the CPU if the cpuz drivers are not present

so basically the software is broke

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Sure wish Corsair would hurry the hell up and release that new CL driver.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The more I use Windows 10, the more impressed I am with how polished and stable it is. Sure, there are some bugs and issues but some of them are caused by conflicting settings (the NVIDIA control panel/mouse setting one for example) and I can excuse most of the rest of them because this is not yet the official release build. Updated software (such as PerfectDisk 13 which currently is not supported), games and apps as well as drivers will improve things further.

Still, I am of the opinion that this version is good enough to be used as my main operating system.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Much more stable compared to how it was a month or two ago.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Software is broken anyway lol

Ive had this H100i for a couple years now, never ever have any new CL releases ever fixed anything, I doubt it will change with a Win 10 release - I still have to install 5145 first for it to install working drivers

It always takes hours / days to get it to detect the H100i, and they have the audacity to say on their forums that "It is not entry level software, it takes some knowledge to get it running"

No, not at all, it takes hours and days of p1ssing about, and eventually, for no reason at all, the last thing you do, which happens to be the first thing you did, works

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Ah right, thank you. I'll check that out now...

*EDIT*
    I must be thick but exactly how do you access that option?

*EDIT 2*
    Duh...right, change to Slideshow! :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

I'm one of the lucky few that haven't had any issues with it. I've got the 100i GTX and everything seems to be working fine.

On a serious note though, apparently this new CL version is supposed to fix everything that was ever wrong with the software in the first place. So we'll see. I hope yall get something fixed.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Another thing before I forget...I believe I have fixed the "windows opening behind other windows" glitch by going to Folder View Options and unchecking the "Launch folder windows in a separate process" option. All my windows now seem to be opening on top of other already open ones now but time will time if this isn't just placebo. :D

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If that happens, I'll eat one of my LCDs lol

Everyone on Corsair forums with similar problems, and there are a LOT of them, say it's because Corsair outsource the development to some n00b company who has no idea, doesn't test it, just mashes the keyboard and sends out updates

Some of which don't see any hardware whatsoever, none, and that was named as the RC for their next 'stable' release lol

Wish there was an alternative, all I want is something simple that speeds up and slow down the rad fans depending on the temp of the CPU

Don't care about the huge monitoring program, never open it other than to check it can actually see the H100i while Im fighting with it to get it working, after that I never open it

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Speed fan wont work for you?

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Years ago I played with SpeedFan, admittedly I didn't have a clue what I was doing with it back then, but I pressed something, a load of sirens starting blasting, every fan in the machine went into Hyperdrive, anything within 10ft of the PC not nailed down immediately stuck to the vents, small woodland creatures, screaming, sliding, their little claws ripping through my floorboards as they were individually wood-chippered through the 50,000,000 RPM jet-turbines

I nearly shat a brick, pulled the power, and never touched SpeedFan again

12. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Hahaha!!

13. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    You're welcome. What hasn't been implemented yet, though, is shuffling. You can enable that by opening regedit and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow and setting Shuffle to 1. Reboot and you're good to go.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I nearly shat bricks laughing! Brilliant.

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    cant wait to 29 to try on my t100ta

16. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
  17. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You just made my morning read even better. Thanks.

18. deets75

deets75 Guest

okay, all good and such, but why do I have two lots of settings for stuff?

the control panel version and the "settings" version.

see I have file history in two places, they basically do the same thing but with some weird stuff on the settings version.

why have settings and control panel, its odd.

19. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    Same here man. I tried installing an Insider build last night but it wouldn't update and wouldn't activate, so I just have to wait until it's available. I think that little tablet is gonna love Windows 10! It's already super snappy with 8.1.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It can take up to 24 hours for a fresh install of a preview build to see a new build, and doesn't need to be activated to receive a new build either

So if you get itchy feet, just boot up the preview build and leave it running for a day, eventually you'll get a new build show up