Arkham Knight on PC Won't Go back On Sale Until Spring?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    :wanker:

3. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    The problem is that nobody will buy the game whenever it is released.

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    It would be too good to be true.

5. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    i like that steam refunds just tore them a new @sshole =)

6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    On other hand AC unity is a good game... 9 month after his release and many patch... lol

I wish them the same for batman. XD

7. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Hopefully they get it fixed and re-released in decent shape

Steam keys for it are still available and currently heavily discounted to around $14 USD which is around $18 AUD while retail copies here for console & PC were $89 AUD at launch

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm not sure if I want to laugh at them for bringing out such a buggy game, or actually taking their bite from the sh*tsandwich and trying to fix it without further sales... it almost looks like they screwed up, okay, but now they don't get their money and still try to work at it (more or less).

Not sure what to think about this.

9. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    They got what they deserved for releasing broken product. This shield happen to every Dev/pub who tries to release broken unfinished products, this is the only way they will learn, else they will continue to push out unfinished broken product, and take your money for something that is essentially broken.

10. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for letting me know about the low price, I just bought the whole game + Season Pass for £19, was supposed to have been £66 for the same deal at launch. Figured it was a good time to buy now, I probably won't even play it until the fix is released, but I don't think it's gonna get any cheaper so thought I'd buy low! (Could have bought just the main game for £10, but figured I wouldn't ever see the Season Pass for less than £10, unless of course they release that for free as an apology to the gamers!)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

11. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    The state of the game on release was incredibly poor but the aftermath has given me two concerns. If there are any future games in the series will we see them on PC at all? I hope so, this series of games has been amazing.

Will other triple A titles avoid the PC after this and the other recent high profile poor ports? It's the business equivalent of throwing a tantrum and taking your toys home so nobody else can play with them but it could happen.

Anyways just voicing concerns as someone who bought the full game and season pass. I pre-ordered both because I am a sucker for these games, I even loved Arkham Origins.

12. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    No worries, I've been keeping an eye on gaming deals lately and found that. For less than 20 bucks it's hopefully worth the risk

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    This email was sent out to Australian retailers so it's actually September/November 2015 which is spring for them, so fall/autumn for us.

14. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Doesnt matter.Exactly what they gave us exactly what we gave them. ;)
    Into one day will be Goty at ~10-15 $.

15. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I don't think developers will avoid the PC platform, with consoles now being very similar to PC hardware the porting should be easier I would have thought. Also, PC hardware will continue to get stronger, whereas consoles will stay at the same spec for a number of years, so there's no reason to suspect that developers would avoid PC for fear of not being able to have enough hardware potential available to them to make a decent game. This whole Batman Arkham Knight debacle just seems to be result of a disorganised mad rush, at least that's what it looks like, I haven't been following if there have been any explanations for the debacle.

EDIT: those excellent value steam keys have come through to me now & I've added it to Steam, will be downloading it shortly - will probably test it briefly just to see what settings I can run it at, and then I'll leave it until they release the game officially again after they've fixed it.

16. SkinnyDog

SkinnyDog Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970-g1 3.5GB
    heck yeah they got what they deserved. I am personally sick and tired of buying a game and it's unfinished. To me its like going and buying a car "Now follow me on this one" and they say it is a hell of a car and you have to pre order it. but you're not allowed to test drive it. And you take a chance and preorder it. well you walk out the dealers door when it arrives at the dealers get into your nice new car and put the key in and start it up. you have all kinds of check lights on. and it is stuttering bad and wont go past 50 but they advertise it at 200 mph potential. You walk back into the dealer and say what the hell the car is broke. they say no its just needs a few software updates. how would you feel? they just didn't produce a finished car. but promise to fix it with software updates. it is about all that money so true when the phrase MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL. :bang::bang:

17. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC

I thought it was still off shelves until I checked last night and it's available to buy again on steam so...yeah.
    EDIT
    Ok never mind I made a mistake, it shows up on steam but isn't available to buy. I thought since it showed up it was back.

Well they get what they deserve imo

18. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Just an Update on the performance of this game since I bought it this morning with that really good value Steam key. Benchmark performance is really smooth with no hitching or stuttering, is game play as smooth as the benchmark?

I've run the benchmark at my native res of 1600x900, all options maxed except Vsync Off, and Smoke & Debris Off, (but Light Shafts & Enhanced Rain remaining On). Got avg 38 fps, min 30 fps.

EDIT: Just to add to my previous message. I played some of the game, well I just glided around and fought some random's rather than follow the story - because I'm just testing the performance at the moment. Performance is worse than the benchmark, but it is smooth, stuttering is rare & that's on my HDD (not the SSD). In fights with groups of henchmen I'm getting anywhere from 27-35fps, but during those fights it doesn't fluctuate much fps so it still feels quite smooth at that low fps (think I can see why they initially wanted to cap it at 30fps!). I tried decreasing shadows but that hardly has any effect on the framerate, so just left it at max. When gliding around and using the grapnel boost continuously for say a couple of minutes in the city FRAPS tells me I have an average of 36fps, and it feels pretty smooth, again hardly any stuttering. GPU usage while gliding around & fighting is always 96-100% continuously, so the HDD doesn't seem to be bottlenecking it at all, nor is the CPU (about 30% average usage with very short spikes up to 80% usage), if I had it on the SSD might help on the occasional slight hitch though. RAM usage is insane, got up to 65% system RAM usage (out of my 16GB), with the Batman game using 6.4 GB all to it's self for the Batman process - maybe that's why people are complaining, maybe they're getting stuttering on 8GB RAM systems even (16GB systems are not that common).

I still think I might wait for them to release some fixes to the game though, perhaps it will bump up average fps a notch - but don't seem to be getting the stuttering that's been bothering people. (Although not tested the driving the batmobile sequence yet, which I read decreases framerate).

19. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Don't be ridiculous, plenty people will buy for 5€ at Steam sales.

20. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Ok first why would you ever use FRAPS in this day and age, for FPS counter? Shadowplay, Steam FPS counter, both better options

Secondly that performance sounds awful. You do realise 35 fps is bad right? Right? 27-35fps is in no way smooth.