390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    you need to follow these instructions.
    disable msi afterburner from starting with windows after you have pressed the optimal defaults button
    then reboot system and flash that bios on your card.
    then go into windows and open GPUz then open sensor tab, then keep it open and record what the default idle voltage, then run a game and record what the cards max voltage is then post the link and i will do you a custom based on what leakage voltage your card runs on.

2. Insan1tyOne

Insan1tyOne Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 295X2
    Plug2k,

Alright I have returned from a long night of testing. I have come to the conclusion (after testing every single revision) that none of the modified R9 390X roms that you (or anyone else) has created for me are stable while gaming. So, at this point I think it is back to the drawing board to make the "most compatible" R9 390X rom for the R9 290/290X. I have included an image of what I have done so far below:

[​IMG]

It seems that the past R9 390X bioses that were made cause instabilities with the R9 290/290X due to the way the Voltage and GPU Frequency tables are spaced out. By substituting the GPU Frequency and Voltage tables of an R9 290 BIOS that I know is compatible with my card into the R9 390X BIOS I have been successful in creating a modded R9 390X BIOS that (so far) seems very stable on my card. I will continue to refine it as I learn more about the BIOS Editor though and will eventually release it out to everyone!

Thanks Again!

-Insan1tyOne :)

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    @gupsterg

Any hope for MSI Lightning 290X?

I have a couple of them and would like to test a 390X modded bios but i know there is no bios donor for it and the Samsung memory problem...

4. 1ndeX1

1ndeX1 Guest

GPU:
    290X
    this 390X BIOS can use in every reference card. it's base on reference card PCB.

5. 1ndeX1

1ndeX1 Guest

GPU:
    290X
    Research this BIOS can fix 290X reference card Black screen problem and reference card Voltage problem.

6. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Hey, thanks for your guidance, though it's not what i've planned but it worked. :banana:

I originally want to increase my min voltage to 1000mV(968mV default) and then set an offset of ~-90mV because with original BIOS my card can run at 906mV stock, but i get black screen after logon window with offset of >-75mV.

Now i've settled with -69mV and the card works great.
    Is there any side effect in doing this btw?

[​IMG]
    Now i don't need to use stinkin' cmd parameter for moar voltage. :banana: :banana:

7. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    It's stable at voltages a lot lower than 0.891mV. I just tested what you say and now it worked! Thanks a bunch :)

8. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Only thing is to take VRAM_Info table from 290X bios and add to 390X rom, I have not done this nor do I know if it will work.

I know nothing more about roms than what we all have been discovering sharing, I'm planning this weekend to look at VRAM_Info table HEX values to see what can be deciphered.

As we have no manual for the roms it's basically educated guess work.

I don't think the offset present in a rom has anything to do with ASIC quality.

1) I've found them more often in factory OC'd card roms, this is so the card function at the upped speeds without an issue.

2) I also believe they use it as a fix to blackscreen, on Sapphire forum some members have reported their card black screen they contact support and they receive a updated rom with higher voltage offset and their problem solved.

There are also possibly other reasons as well.

I'm glad you were able to solve your problem :) , sorry for late reply. I have been adding all info what we as a group have learnt in a thread on OCN , I will also do one Guru3d soon as well. That way people don't need to piece together info from different posts

No worries :) , as long as card is stable at lower volts I can't envisage a side effect.

In this post is SVI 2 complaint voltages

The Stilt stated when a non SVI 2 voltage is used the voltage controller will use the next closet match, in your case 0.89375v .

Instructions in linked post how to use the voltages shown , also he stated it can caused stability issues but OneB1t has entered/tested non SVI 2 voltages and they function without an issue AFAIK.

I personally stick to using the SVI 2 voltages.

9. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]

Barrier broken, 0.847-0.850mv idle voltage.
    this is no longer this low with msi afterburner, this is without any software at all, basiclly bios defaults.

i couldnt get under 0.900mv before now @0.850mv :D
    its finding the correct voltage is the key, some voltages will not let you and will show up as 1.019v in windows if the voltage is not compatible.

i have overcome that ;)

10. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Good info :) , so you testing some more low voltages @ DPM0?

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yeah,m8 some are not compatible, even when using the voltage ic2 table
    some work some dont. lol

The good news about this is i also did some testing under UEFI mode in windows when using SECUREBOOT> msi stops working
    and no overclocking tools work to let you control voltage, only thing that works is changing clocks and memory.

but using this method, bios editing works in UEFI your voltages stick and your clocks stick and when finding the perfect bios you can overcome the issue of not using any overclocking software at all, and best of all UEFI works..

next on my tweak list, is UDV video playback.
    when watching bluray movies the card uses to much voltage and clocks go way to high so i want to reduce those also to get way better playback and lower temps.

mate can you list what the states are again
    so i know what to tweak, what state does what ect.... i know you listed them somewhere in this thread but im to lazy to search lol

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  12. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Update : seems you can do more with hybrid images that this R9295X2 has.
    i can program MASTER @810mv and program SLAVE @775mv
    ------

putting both at that turns out that it does not work as GPU 1 will show 1019mv idle voltage
    but GPU 2 shows 775mv :)

so deducing MASTER bios voltage to 810 works and putting SLAVE bios voltage to 775mv
    there for both are working now

lowest idle voltage yet, and keeps the 2nd GPU at super low voltage
    even when using ULPS :)

proof for the record :

[​IMG]

bet ya no one has suck low idle voltages :)

13. Dionysos

Dionysos Guest

No OC (947 MHz), +50% power limit via CCC (no afterburner or other OC software running)

idle voltage: 0.984 V
    GPU-Z render test: 1.109 V
    OCCT: 1.016 V - 1.039 V (max. 1.094 V, drops to 1.008 V)

I already managed to change clocks and power limit, but with voltage changes I wasn't too successful...

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:

So what you need is
    50+mv
    50+PL
    1050 clocks

need link to your bios.

15. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Ahh good info again, keeping up the testing :) .

RE UDV video playback you mean UVD?

Blimey , gonna try 775mv on my 290X ;) . Gotta admit when you compare voltage for say GPU freq. DPM7 full clock vs DPM0 300MHz you do think it should be way lower.

16. Dionysos

Dionysos Guest

techpowerup.com/vgabios/149574/msi-r9290-4096-131205.html

I need one more post to post links... but you can just copy paste. :)

17. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:

Yeah thats why i asked what the

DPM States where ....

--- GPU FREQUENCY TABLE ----
    0 2D
    1 ?????
    2 ?????
    3 ?????
    4 ?????
    5 ?????
    6 ?????
    7 3D

----------------------------------

GPU VOLTAGE TABLE

0 2D Voltage
    1 ?????
    2 ?????
    3 ?????
    4 ?????
    5 ?????
    6 ?????
    7 3D Voltage

What are the others for can you fill in the missing data ?????
    and yeah basically the transcoding, for when you watch hardware accelerated bluray movies or .mkv`s or native bluray iso`s ect ect.

also i would suggest, if 775 does not work for 2D voltage try 810... that one should work....
    775 only works for me on the 2nd slave bios, its the GPU that does not have a monitor hooked up to it, only the display gpu like master works but only with higher 2d voltage other wise you get black screen.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  18. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    give me 20. ;)

---

Ok here you go

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=58642340908015451204

R290 @1050
    50+ PL
    50-70mv depending on droop,

test and keep a eye on temps.
    also lowered your 2D voltage a notch to 894-900mv.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  19. Dionysos

Dionysos Guest

I just opened the BIOS you created and finally know what to change.

Thank you! :cheers:

20. Insan1tyOne

Insan1tyOne Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 295X2
    Plug2k.

Alright I am so close to creating to most stable and overclock capable BIOS for my R9 290's. The BIOS I posted below has everything I want except a +100(mV) Voltage Offset. It currently has a +50(mV) Voltage Offset.

Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to edit the voltage offset using HawaiiReader so if you wouldn't mind, could you take this BIOS and change the +50(mV) voltage offset to a +100(mV) voltage offset? Or if you are too busy could you post a guide on how to edit the voltage offset of a BIOS so I can complete it myself?

BIOS Link: http://www.filedropper.com/r9290xmemorymod

Thanks!

-Insan1tyOne :)