980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah it's just a small utility that loads a preset clock offset. Just use Afterburner. If I remember correctly that utility wouldn't work correctly if you have Afterburner installed anyway.

2. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Why wouldn't they just use Afterburner?:rolleyes:

3. Tuoni

Tuoni Guest

GPU:
    Denise
    Totally disagree here.
    I've run SLI/CFX setups for years now and from my experience i say that in most cases you do not want reference coolers. Reference coolers simply can't cool the card well enough without turning into ear deafening turbines.
    Coolers like AC Xtreme, TFV or WF keep the cards cooler at much lower noise levels. Only use for a reference cooler i can think of is with a mITX/mATX build in small cases or with some kind of weird motherboard that provides zero spacing between PCIe slots.

I most cases; yes

Sorry but i think that's just BS.
    Airflow is key here and i rather let my big, low rpm, case fans take care of that heat then the little fan on a reference cooler that spins at >2000rpm.

I ran my two Titan X cards with reference coolers before i switched them out for two AC Xtreme III coolers. You know what happened? GPU temperatures went down drastically at a much lower sounds levels. CPU/motherboard temperatures... exactly the same as with the reference coolers. So no nothing heats up more because of top down GPU coolers if you take care of your airflow.

Obviously top down cooler construction offers superior cooling performance. There's a reason why none of the board partners bother with launching a card including their own "take" on blower style cooler.

4. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Guys

I just sold my 2 Titan X and got 2 Galaxy 980ti HOF LN2 , this card seems to be a monster

The Brazilian Galaxy representative is my friend and only 8 will come to us here, i took 2

Made a good deal?

Thanks

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    You purchased 2 Galaxy HOF's to run on air? LOL
    I wouldnt even run those on custom water.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    These suckers boost to 1329 out the box, i am going to wack it up to 1500 to see if it can do stock voltage.

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Sounds like a good start, keep us updated mate.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    1455/7712 is what I am going to test stock voltage briefly then my kid wants to play gta v.

9. Timesgodjillion

Timesgodjillion Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    Are you familiar with the words "anecdotal evidence"?

10. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I have the same thing happened to me. Reference cards for hotter and noisier. Take a look at my case I have fantastic air flow through my case when I had sli non reference cards the temperature was drastically down and my case did not warm up at all.

11. sherrypizza

sherrypizza Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6990M 2GB
    Joined the 980Ti category by the getting G1 :)

12. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I wanna join the club so bad but 35g's a year for my daughter's college is putting a serious drain on my pocket :(

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    because ref being cooler in sli is a myth,heat is coming off the card no matter what how if or but's.If you want hotter air in your case you get ref nv cards if you want cooler air(they run cooler dummies)then good(as meaning better at dissipating heat )custom cooling cards are the right plan.
    ok ok.... "yeah sure dumass" I know you are saying that ok ok so try two 290x's ref and two say a lightning model and a dcII in cf.
    the same for 980 780 or w/e crap titan bs ref. fan
    that comes on those
    then come back tell me I am a dumbass :nerd:
    that myth pissed me off for years, some assface who did not wait/afford for customs coolers started that one...I don't care what fan speeds you have while you test but make sure they are all the same

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Reference titan coolers are not very good plus the reference 780ti were crap clockers, same with 580 sli crap clockers too. 680 ftw were decent clockers but I don't think they were reference.

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

16. Tuoni

Tuoni Guest

GPU:
    Denise
    English is my second.. well actually third language so i can't say that i am.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm Kinda lost on which driver to use. Any advice fellow owners ?

18. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I've been using 353.38 without fail since it was released. It's not giving me any problems.

19. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    loving my Palit GeForce GTX 980Ti Super Jetstream, Sitting beautifully in my home theater system, sitting nicely at 33c idle and 63-65c load.

slight overclock of 110+ core and 200+ mem,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Thinking about getting the Super Jetstream myself looks like a nice card also OCUK have it for pretty cheap compared to other custom 980ti's