ARMA III headtracking

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Twiddles, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    I know a lot of us like to tinker and here is something new :D

If you install OpenTrack 2.3 you can use your Android phone in combination with Freepie (found in clientfiles -> .APK) as a headtracking device for several games. Quite easy to set up and awesome if configured right :D I simply attached my Moto G 4G to my AKG K702, installed the app, installed OpenTrack, set tracker to Freepie UDP receiver, set protocol to freetrack 2.0, set the IP of my PC in the app.

Little demo here

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Full effect of mobile phone radiation so close to head, not good for my taste, though cheap method for headtracking (unhealthy as hell, high risk of increasing cancer factors, avoid it unless you use "flight mode" so no signal searching all the time,yet dangerous though)

3. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Unless that is proven by a trustworthy source I'd say this.

4. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    How do you suppose one uses a phone if not against the head? I mean, that's where the ears and mouth are. The whole cancer scare of cell phones is unproven and really an old way of thinking.
    On topic:
    Cool that it works. But.... What is the benefit of having to look away from the screen to look sideways on the screen? Never understood head tracking without VR goggles.

5. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Aaah, true eehhmmm I was talking Dutch at that exact moment, buddy filmed it. Is has to be calibrated a bit more so it requires less movement to get where I want it ;)

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Sorry for the semi off-topic but to answer your question I don't speak much when using my mobile and when I do I use headphones. If you speak for more than lets say half hour you get a -small- headache and ofc your ear get hot. You don't find these bad ? Anyway.

7. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Well that isn't that weird considering you're pressing a piece of plastic with a SOC against your ear ;) And the headache means the other person is annoying you :D

On topic: I've been switching and testing with the webcamand phone, phone is definitely the better option when it comes to accuracy. Still trying out some games, GRID is awesome with this geek tweak!

8. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Mooi sikkelbaardje :D

9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Radiation from smoking is a lot higher than that of cellphones btw, so if you're worried about radiation stop smoking first before condemning your phone. :D

Dont believe me? Watch this

10. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Just get a TrackIR and be done with it, you won't regret it.

11. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    So it tracks your head I really don't see the point as I will be looking at a monitor or am I missing something ........... ?

12. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Are you freaking kidding me? What a post.