AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    World Of Tanks after 15.7 I cannot play on fullscreen anymore :D frametime is around 6000ms :D Windowed it actually works better then before -.-

2. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I have noticed that these new drivers SEEM to crash easier with an overclock. I had to lower it a bit.

3. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Run Mozilla FF and Enter:
    about:config
    Enter
    Change(Click 2x)
    media.mediasource.webm.enabled;false to media.mediasource.webm.enabled;true
    and
    media.mediasource.whitelist;true to
    media.mediasource.whitelist;false
    Now FF use WebM codec on YT

4. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Just installed these and seems there are compatibility issues with Radeon Pro.

Example would be unticking Forced AA does not revert back to driver defaults where 15.4 did.

Also OpenGL seems to be better, but when installing hacks such as QEffectsGL, performance is total crap (60+ FPS down to 5 FPS - same settings).

Without the hacks, performance is good though.

Will need to do an older dll drop into game folders to bypass compatibility issues.

5. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Won't this just force the Firefox not to use hardware acceleration, since there is no HW support for WebM yet?

6. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  7. afx01

afx01 Member

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 OC 2GB/256bit
    Not here, on windows 10...

8. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Nobody said that HTML5 video does not work on Catalyst 15.7. The issue is unreliable hardware acceleration. I'm not sure this situation is exclusive to 15.7 drivers (Firefox HTML5 video support is still relatively new).

9. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    It seems only Firefox has the problem.I tested Chrome and IE again and they are solid on DXVA.(Or just say it is hard to replicate the issue.)

I remembered and noticed same thing happened on 14.12omega too, my GPU back to idle clock(300Mhz).

There is a bug report saying similar thing(at comment 4):
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1122904

I wonder maybe this issue is there for a long time, but just we do not notice it.

10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Thanks for updating, I still haven't noticed any TDR. My main gripe was while starting MPC-HC, but those are gone, so as the corrupted screens with random black dots.
    I haven't noticed any under Chrome (haven't spent much time under twitch, that is apparently working), but as you pointed, most times videos ain't even dxva accelerated.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

11. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    @brightbule3921 you don't need h264ify in Firefox. Acceleration work only for mp4:
    media.webm.enabled;false
    media.mediasource.webm.enabled;false
    and FF use only mp4 in YT videos(work HW acceleration)

12. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
  13. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    Well,I never said that Firefox need h264ify. Can you tell me which post do you see I say that?

Also,as far as I know media.mediasource.webm.enabled is default false in Firefox 39.No need to change it.

media.webm.enabled is for VP8 but YT seems does not use it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  14. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Is there any way to get rid of "driver stopped responding"? On Windows 10. Been happening on Windows 8.1 as well.

I did a a full re-fresh and installed 15.7 and still happens.

I hate complaining but it hasn't gone away.......

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No such issue here, just stuttering with GTA V. It might be a bad over/underclock or a faulty card. Give it more volts and see if it still happens.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I just had a drive crash with Chrome 64bit on Windows 10. They are very uneventful, I just get a notification, no locked frequencies or anything.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not sure if I should ask this but is hardware acceleration disabled in the browser and in flash?

18. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    The quickest way is to call graphic card's official support tel. and sen it to RMA or ask a replacement(ex:form the store where you bought it) if possible.

==
    But sometimes it is driver related issue with some specific game titles or situations.

So,you may take a little time to read this:

It depends on when&how you got TDR(Timeout Detection & Recovery="driver stopped responding").

0.Power-supply related issue:
    But Corsair HX650 should be fine.It is a single rail power.

1.Flash Video related TDR when browsing video/stream site:
    From what I have experienced make me believe this is Flash+AMD driver related issue.For now I have this issue(15.7WHQL+Win8.1x64).

The only way to stop it is disable H/W in Flash.

2.HTML5 Video/Media player(MPCHC/VLC Player/Potplayer or any player support DXVA):

Same as above.Sometimes,use an older driver version(ex:14.12omega) fix the issue, but who want to roll-back to older driver? Especially you are using Win10.

BTW,I seems do not have issue with 14.12omega and 15.7WHQL at this part(for now). Or maybe it is only my case.

3.TDR/Blackscreen When Gaming:
    First,let's read the driver's release note.You may easily find it on AMD's driver DL site.

If there is nothing/no issue about your game in the document's "Known Issues: " part,but you still have "driver stopped responding" issue,
    then RMA(or ask a replacement) maybe is the only way, and this is the case happened on me.

After all , you can disable Hardware Accelerate in Flash,but it is nonsense to disable Hardware Accelerate/3D when gaming.There should be something wrong on hardware if it happened at this situation.

EDIT1:You may need to know which driver is installed at first.You can find the information from Device Manager or GPU-Z.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Windows 10 seems to be doing something different with the way games and apps get fullscreen access. Dolphin has weird crashes, and all DX9 games I've checked can't seem to be able to get proper fullscreen working.

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It could be the new XBOX integration. Have you got a X360 controller plugged in? Click the XBOX button and disable it in the settings menu.