Windows 10 Build 10166

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Screenshot? Because the option is greyed out for me too

2. BeeJAyP

BeeJAyP Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Hybrid

In Edge's Advanced Options you click on Bing in the drop down box you should have the option to add a provider. You do have to go to one of these providers first before it will auto-populate them, the various sites in my image below support the standard. You should then see a list of available providers.
    [​IMG]

You can add or add as default, once you do they should show up in the list of providers in Advanced Settings.
    [​IMG]

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I just get this

[​IMG]

4. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I get the same thing for search provider. All I need is to change bing.com to google.ca. It seems this may be too much to ask if MS has their way?

5. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Sorry if this is too far off topic, but is anyone else having trouble with sweetfx on windows 10?

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    If you mean 2.0, no i don't think i had issues with it.

7. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Thanks, I must've been living under a rock.. Was still using the old version and kept getting a d3d11.dll error.

Working perfectly now, thanks :)

8. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I did a brief amount of searching and from what I can gather, it is not able to be done in this build. That is ok, it is a preview OS anyways. For now, they just have to make sure the thing is stable, working and fast. Personally, I use Bing but then, I am in the USA which is where it works better than other places from what I hear.

As a side note: I hope folks are jumping all over Google as much as Microsoft for limiting choose. (Windows Phone and Google comes to mind.)

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    I'm amazed with all this testing thats been going on that they havent got any early buy options up ages ago.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, Im expecting RTM to enable it, not that it affects me much, I always set Google as my homepage, and searching is done by clicking the home button, just the way I've done it since day one, never use the address bar for anything other than sites I know the URL of

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How do I get Task Manager to show me how much RAM a program is really using? It was showing 3.9GB out of 6 being used and I was alarmed because I had nothing RAM intensive running. Turned out it was Qbittorrent's activity and closing it quickly reduced it to 1.7GB. Yet in TM it was only 50MB at the time.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not sure if 10 has the option, "Show processes from all users" ?

I remember 7 having it, I don't see it on 8.1 though

VMWare does the same thing, allocate 4GB to a guest OS, VMWare process only shows what VMWare uses, not the host, so it looks like you've lost 4GB somewhere

14. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    installed this version win10 with my existting win 8.1 and now dont have the option to choose at boot,not happened before so is there a way to had win 8.1 with win10 at boot.thanks.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Check MSCONFIG boot options, see if 8.1 is listed, if not you might need to use a BCD Editor like this one
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_bcd_editor.html

To add 8.1 back to the bootloader

16. doodle333

doodle333 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870 2Gb
    ye did check and its not there.will use BDC,forgot about that program so thank you.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Update 7/13: We’re only a couple of weeks away now from our public release of Windows 10, and we’re preparing for the world to begin the upgrade process. Windows Insiders have been the first to see our work on Windows 10 at every stage. Now you will also be the first to get a build flighted to you using the channels that we’ll use for targeting and deploying to PCs for our staged rollout.
    We’re suspending the availability of Windows 10 builds briefly while we prepare for that, and the next build that we flight to you will be delivered using the production channels. Starting tomorrow, we will also not be delivering any additional ISOs at this point as we really need Insiders to be using, stressing, and validating our distribution and upgrade processes. We’ll make ISOs available again in the future, but for now we ask you to upgrade your current build via Windows Update once the next build is released.
    Specifically, this means that in the next 24hrs:

• Builds 10162 and 10166 will no longer be offered over Windows Update, and whatever build you’re on will show as “up to date” if you check for new builds.
    • ISOs for build 10162 will be taken down from the http://insider.windows.com site and prerelease keys will no longer activate builds.
    Once we have a new build available we’ll let you know through here with a blog post, Insider Hub, and on Twitter.
    We’re very close to our public release and we’re working very hard to get everything just right. Please continue to send us problem reports using the Windows Feedback app for any problems that you encounter.
    Thanks,
    g

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10166/

18. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I might be lazy, I only did a quick search around for an answer. My question is. Will using my CD Key from my Windows 8.1 to upgrade to 10, make my key no longer work with win 8.1? So if I wanted to dual boot with the same license, could I? Is it too early to know?

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Too early too tell I'm afraid. Wait for the first few waves of upgrades, you should get your answer.

Can't find it either ... Details view has multiple users but it didn't show me what I needed. If you find out, please do post back. Win10 as it is uses around 700MB more than 8.1 did, would've been nice to know where it goes.

20. aaronne

aaronne Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 MOBILE
    Hi and sorry I don want to be rude but maybe I dont understand..

Are we using the same OS?

I see the info you are looking for from the first win 10 build, there are two helpful tabs. (TaskManager)

i.imgur.com/RgMFpVh.jpg

(whoa..ten post to put a link in a message board after all antibot questions...)

In other way you can dowload from MS Technet a sw called Sysinternals "Process Explorer" that is more powerful and of easy access.

Regards