390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    just checked that DPM7 state change is working :)

this is DPM7 - 1230mV (i have 1250mV default)
    voltage under load droped from 1180mV to 1156mV
    [​IMG]

if someone experiencing black screen issues with 290/290X DPM0/1/2 voltage increase should fix it

also some explanation of voltage for hawaii cards

if there is 65xxx value the card will use dynamic voltage based on ASIC quality (leakage)
    if you change it to 0-1550mV it will use that value and not dynamic one but save zone is about 0-1360mV

if you set like 1200mV for DPM7 (3D full load) it will show about 1120mV under load as there is some voltage drop caused by load

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    But they are same in all bioses ive opened in hreader. TRIXXOC and asus DPM0/1/2 are the same: 993,65282,65283. Trixx idle gives me 1.008 idle and no blackscreen, asus stock bios 0.984 and bs when card goes 3d.
    The funny thing is that while playing it can go 0.960 or even lower without problems on trixx bios with that +25mV.

3. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Would you please view the pdf pages as 900 875 850 is there as 0.90000v , 0.87500v and 0.85000v no correction is happening ;) .

This is due to the global offset in voltageobjectinfo of sapphire trix bios.

If you wish to use a bios with global voltage offset in it's voltageobjectinfo table you must change hex 8d 00 04 00 to 8d 00 00 00 or use bios without global voltage offset.

DPM7 (highest Dynamic Power Management State) ie gaming

DPM0 (lowest Dynamic Power Management State) ie desktop

A higher power state must have higher voltage than lower.

4 tables also have frequency associated with each DPM State, frequency of a higher state must me higher than a lower state.

GPU Freq
    MEM Freq
    SAMU
    ACP

4. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    So my opinion is: DPM(N)<DPM(N+1), where N=0 to 6 :)

5. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    i also tested 890 1230 1250 and all voltages worked just fine :)
    there is global offset in some roms which can mess with your DPM voltages

for guys who want to perfect their bios settings just use Stilt bioses as starting point :) they have 0 offset value and 1.36V max voltage limit so its harder to burn your card also allready fixed TDP limit so you get full performance from your card without Throttling

@DDSZ: men do you have some experience with that datagrid in c# i pretty amazed how retarded this thing is :D (want to make custom cell validator etc..)

6. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Is that not what I typed but in words? anyhow as long as you know all good :) .

Cheers! good to know :D.

TBH I'll be sticking to the SVI 2 voltages for bios editing as in the pdf ;) , don't wish to use values which don't conform and them to be cause of instability or anything else.

7. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    i was just too lazy to calculate voltages or get them from that PDF :) (i know its there i was the one who send you that PDF :D)

8. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Been following this thread with lots of interest etc...GREAT WORK and KUDOS to y'all.

Now to the reason I am posting, haha...I am trying to figure out things with one of my bios r9 290. I am just not good at comparing things and seeing what y'all see. My particular r9 290 has samsung memory.

Uploaded the bios to techpowerup http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/168095/Powercolor.R9290.4096.150104.rom It is a powercolor turbo duo not a PCS+ as it is listed there and stock is speeds are 975/1250 I have gotten the the memory to 1500 stable.

2nd question is I have flashed other bios on it and when I run memory info/hawaii info after flashing a different bios the memory manufacturer changes is this correct?

9. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    someone allready started messing with their VRAM timings?

10. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Indeed ;) .

Indeed collectively what a good outcome :thumbup:

Samsung ram roms are rare, most support Elpdia and Hynix.

I think your flashing a non samsung memory rom thus getting the incorrect manufacturer in memory info. I have read posts where people report the same, for example they buy a second hand card and someone has flashed it with wrong rom.

I understood 2nd question but don't get what your asking in above text.

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Yeah I was flashing non samsung roms messing around...I had just not run across others getting different manufacturers showing.

The reason for this part has to do with my GPU and issues earlier...Now to the reason I am posting, haha...I am trying to figure out things with one of my bios r9 290. I am just not good at comparing things and seeing what y'all see. My particular r9 290 has samsung memory.

The card has Hynix memory, but in looking for help with the particular issue, someone looked that the bios and came back and told me that paarticular bios had support for both hynix and samsung memory. I was unclear how they could see that. Note it is for a different bios. As it is/was my 290X PCS+ I went through the bios in hex editors but could never come up with how they could know that?

12. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    you guys been working on the editor yet to make the voltage or dpm states, more user friendly, so people dont use the wrong voltage for the wrong state lol

there should be a naming system in place beside the voltages for what voltage does what to what state ect ;)

also on the voltages selection there should be a drop box with proper listing of all voltages with correct coding so that when someone tries 1.100v and ends up getting nothing then doing 1.101 and ends up getting what they want :D

13. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    you always get something :) invalid value is translated into valid voltages so no need for check

14. marcoloves360

marcoloves360 Guest

GPU:
    S 290x Vapor-X @1090/1475
    i got my gpu last month for £226, i found a deal today for £215, should i go for it and crossfire? im tempted.

15. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    here are some tests

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

16. mrthuvi

mrthuvi Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DCII
    Thank you. It works with Asus r9 290 DC2. :cheers::cheers:

Also many thanks to other people contributing in the thread. :banana:

Small question: it seems that during video playback (desktop/browser), my Ram clock shoots up to max (1250Mhz). I have tried to modify the Mem Clock 2 in the power play tab but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Should I modify the Mem freq table? Is there anything I should know?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  17. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yes one of the memory frequency in the memory frequency tables are causing it ;) you just need to reduce the correct one.

that's why i keep hinting to the guys creating the program that we need some naming system in place for the frequency so people know what changes cause what when changing different states or voltage states..

18. The Stilt

The Stilt Member

Same driver path on all of them (i.e. rev id changed in inf)?
    And which memory block you use for 390X?

19. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    In the 390X roms Mem freq table DPM 0 , 1 and 2 are all 150MHz . Perhaps edit those in your rom and try but it may not work if you read what is below.

I will try to explain and hopefully it will make sense.

Part 1

First we have to understand Dynamic Power Management (DPM) has 8 states (0-7).

The rule is a lower number state has less voltage and lower frequency associated to it.

Therefore we should not edit a bios to have higher number DPM state to more voltage / frequency than a lower number state, this will cause issues.

Part 2

Then we have six sections in bios.

Using the terms in the HawaiiReader :-

GPU Freq. Table = voltage depending on GPU clock separated into DPM0 -DPM7

MEM Freq. Table = voltage depending on RAM clock separated into DPM0 -DPM7

StartVCELimitTable = VCE (Video Coding Engine) mode voltage separated into DPM0 -DPM7

StartUVDLimitTable = UVD (Unified Video Decoder) mode voltage separated into DPM0 -DPM7

StartSAMULimitTable = SAMU (security asset management unit) mode voltage depending on GPU clock separated into DPM0 -DPM7

StartACPLimitTable = ACP (Average Consumed Power) voltage depending on GPU clock separated into DPM0 -DPM7

All six sections must have the same voltage edits, as down below you will read the interconnectivity of these sections.

I think latest version of reader applies change of voltage for same DPM state to all tables when changed in anyone.

VCE & UVD sections in bios do not have a GPU/RAM frequency hex value by them in rom. Therefore they use the frequencies set in GPU / RAM Freq. table.

SAMU & ACP have GPU frequency but not RAM, therefore they use RAM Freq. Table for that information.

Now hopefully above has explained why the voltages in each six sections must be the same.

For any other purpose we may use the card for GPU / RAM Freq. Tables are used.

Part 3

Next we have roms which have a preset GPU core voltage offset.

We have 2 ways of dealing with these roms for editing voltages purpose.

1. Change the offset in the VoltageObjectInfo table.

2. Take into account the offset when doing voltage changes in powerplay table.

Then we have roms which have no preset GPU core voltage offset but the CHiL or IR controllers have factory programmed offset. To deal with this you take into account the offset when doing voltage changes in powerplay table.

Now also there must be roms without an offset and CHiL or IR controllers have no factory programmed offset. Therefore you just edit voltages as you require.

20. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    OK some of that was explained thanks but for instance roms like R9295x2 bios`s have no voltageobjectinfo offset.

so can you open a 295x2 bios and show me a image of the bios editor with a arrow pointing to what needs to be changed for 3d voltage, also the voltages look different, do they need to be calculated based on 0.625mv to get the correct offset.
    and also could you tell me what needs changed to so that i can for instance get around 1200mhz core and no power limit issues @ those gpu clocks.
    im talking about tdc limit / max power limit / and tdp max limit. so that when i overclock to those i get no power draw issues. i have the power in my PSU 2000w superflower so power is not the issue just dont want to run into any power limit problems at those clocks like core throttling ect.