390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Thanks for taking time to post this :) , but we have already deduced what goes on in the powerplay table from comparing your roms with stock ;) .

We were able to mark it all up from member contributions.

[​IMG]

What stopped me doing and testing those edits earlier in the thread was voltageobjectinfotable, this we are completely in the dark about and unsure of.

So if I change those values in powerplay I have to do nothing for voltageobjectinfo table?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    was thinking it is more complicated to change voltage... :D gupsterg kind of pulled me with him into thinking it is voltageobjectinfo which we need for such change

all 6 tables are allready in hawaii reader so i can finish voltage editing today/tomorrow

3. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    Will this also force one DPM voltage for different ASIC qualities?

4. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    i think yes :) as The Stilt done this for forced levels with mining bioses

5. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I did explain in post 330 334 339 and in 377. There was only a typo in post 377 where I should have written six instead of five but the tables were there.

DDSZ had also spotted it in post 338.

Not knowing about the relationship of voltageobjectinfo and the three hexes in powerplay (which asder000 cleared up TDC TDP Max.Power Delivery) stopped me doing test.

I was delving into voltageobjectinfo due to wishing to find global gpu core voltage offset.

You may recall there was a post by me stating it wasn't in powerplay and also I think bobrix had added a Sapphire powerplay to another bios and not got a gpu voltage offset like the sapphire bios fully flashed gave him.

Plus it was to investigate if we need or not needed to adjust voltageobjectinfo.

The Stilt on mining roms:-

6. The Stilt

The Stilt Member

You neither need or should touch the VoltageObjectInfo.
    Just make sure there isn´t a offset preset in that table when you over-ride the fuse based VIDs. If the VoltageObjectInfo contains 100mV offset for example and you set 1.3V through the PowerPlay table, then the output voltage will obviously be 1.4V (i.e. burned GPU or VRM).

All my bioses contain additional OV protection which blocks voltages high enough to damage the GPU.

When you over-ride the fuse based voltage by replacing the pointer with a voltage value, the voltage will always be the same regardless the default voltage determined by leakage fuses.

7. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Cheers :thumbup:.

I own a Vapor-X 290X STD edition , stock bios has no gpu offset voltage in voltageobjectinfo table but it does have +31mv offset in MSI AB. I have done full uninstall of MSI AB (settings deleted), CCC uninstall, run DDU , then power down and up of PC, then reinstalled and checked.

STD bios gives +31mv (this does not have offset in VoltageObjectInfo AFAIK) and OC gives me +25mv (this has offset in VoltageObjectInfo).

I wish to use modded STD bios as i) newer ii) get higher OC for same volts vs older OC bios.

Here is powerplay compare:-

[​IMG]

Here is voltage object info compare:-

[​IMG]

8. The Stilt

The Stilt Member

You should never trust that there is no offset present, even if the VoltageObjectInfo doesn´t have it.

CHIL / IR controllers have MTP memory which can be programmed during manufacturing.
    If the ODM has used MTP configuration which features the offset, the whole VoltageObjectInfo can be disabled and the offset will still remain in use.

There is no need to program the controller each and every time if the configuration is saved to MTP.

Check the offset register with AfterBurner or similar I2C capable too before modifying the PowerPlay tables.

9. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Cheers again :D , will see what I can see ;) .

You would know this but for someone reading for the tables which have frequency value a higher DPM state can't have lower frequency than lower DPM state.

By mistake I set DPM 7 engine clock lower than DPM6 and unigine valley was bombing out to desktop, when I checked rom noticed what I'd done.

10. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    new version 2.0 of hawaii bios reader released
    it support VCE,UVD,SAMU,ACP,voltagedependency and memdependency tables edit so now it should be possible to modify bios voltage to hardcoded values (not ASIC quality related)

please recheck in hex before flashing that everything is OK but i checked twice so i hope that its working as should :)

@The Stilt: can you please check if there is overvoltage protection in XFX 390X bios? and if not can it be added? to say 1.35V?
    also im quite interested why there are 3 different clocks for gpu and mem? when it seems like only 2 were used?

11. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Is this what you meant by disabled EVV in your roms?

[[​IMG]

Is there a way reader can force voltages for a dpm state when changed in one red table to another table, as they need to be the same.

Also I think the values in the green boxed voltage table are virtual voltages? when I compared his mining roms to stock that table does not get changed.

Perhaps Stilt can confirm what that section in bios is.

12. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    getting any closer guys to the R9295x2 voltage editing ???

really hyped at the dedication in this thread keep it up guys your doing awesomely.

just hope R9295x2 voltage can be edited its all i want lol

13. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    i think you can edit 295X same way as 290X or 390X :) bios reader can load all 6 tables for 295X

@gupsberg: yes i can force to change all 6 values at same time :) also can limit them to say 1350 or something :)

green values are just calculated voltages for specific ROM as they not responding to any changes :)

14. The Stilt

The Stilt Member

Setting fixed voltage in place of voltage pointer will disable EVV for the given DPM state.

The "voltage table" in Hawaii Bios Reader can be removed from the software, the values are just used as a reference by the display driver (they hold no functionality).

15. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Yes, PM link to your bios. Will only edit and upload once I done tests on my card :) .

Agreed, lower it to a tad further, as you know the reader is already out there in the wild, we up if necessary after testing. I will update OCN thread stating caution on this.

I didn't download and view your bios yet.

I was looking at the new released roms by The Stilt and what we see in MSI AB dump is relevant to reduce offset if your bios has 8d 00 xx 00 in VoltageObjectInfo table.

In his -25mv offset rom there is FC in the magical offset hex values.

Or better yet we do the fixed voltage mod! (thanks to clarfication from the man himself ;) )

16. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    grabbing link to 295x2 bios`s one sec ;)

17. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
  18. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    http://www.filedropper.com/asusmsibiosr9295x2

there you go guys, R9295x2 bios.

My edited UEFI version and RTL untouched Bios
    so that you can add unified R9295x2 bios support to all R9295x2`s. ;)

----
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Extended question : why doesnt R390x bios`s work on R9295x2.
    i think the issue is the display method.
    R9295x2`s have 4 mini dp ports
    and 390x`s have 1 mini display port, is there anywhere in a bios that can detect what output port your using and change those output ports to mini dp only, that way i think would make 390x bios`s display output on those cards.

probably a long shot though something else for you guys to figure out lol if its actually even possible.

or if there is not a way is there any way to change the hardwares vendor/ id so that graphics drivers think you have 390x cards and install drivers and give your cards the name R390x :)

19. The Stilt

The Stilt Member

Is this a serious question? :)

295X2 cards have master and slave configuration.
    Both of the GPUs have their PCI-E lines connected to the PLX PCI-E switch, which splits the single x16 PCI-E link in two.

290 or 390 cards obviously don´t have such chip as they are single GPU cards.

Also the VRM controller and configuration is completely different on 290/390 and 295X2 cards.

Flashing 390 bios on 290 card won´t make any difference.
    The driver path decision is made by the driver based on the fused "Revision ID" of the GPU. 290 cards have RevID 0x00 while 390 cards have RevID 0x80, despite the DeviceID being identical.

No matter which bios you flash on the card it won´t change the RevisionID. It is fused.

If you want to have the most recent driver optimizations made for 390 series exclusively (if there even is any) you need to edit the driver inf.

390 cards are identical to 290 cards from every aspect other than higher clocks and different driver path.

20. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Is your link wrong? post 8 user has Stilts new gaming rom.

IIRC HardOCP review had a section where they down clocked a 390x to 290x speeds and clock for clock the same.

***edit ***

Brain fart, reread and I got wrong end of stick! LOL

Read this in another post by you was gonna add quote here but had others things on mind ;) .

Many reviews I read and viewed PCB images are not the current designs 390x 6+1 vrm and 290x 5+1 (ref design/layout)?

MSI 390X gaming

[​IMG]

Sapphire Tri-X 390X PCB

[​IMG]

MSI 290X gaming

[​IMG]

Sapphire Tri-X 290X PCB

[​IMG]