AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jul 8, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    We are so used to hear promises from AMD that we speak as them:

"more than a year, get the Fury" is so close to "Next week", and "DX12"...

The bottom line is:

If AMD has not a BIG success (better HUGE) in GPUs sold in the next quarters his % of the GPU market will be so dwarf that make them irrelevant.

Promises for near future "Next year" could not be enough.

That's why i think DX11 performance is still key for them untill their CLEAR advantage in DX12 will prevail.

AMD must sell a real performing package: Hardware (OK) + DX11 DRIVERS (FAIL) WHO WORKS RIGHT NOW IN ALMOST ANY GAME AROUND...

... not promises for the future.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    Reinstalled again, turned RTSS off, rebooted and nothing changed :eyes:
    Also, If I change monitor refresh rate(60 to 72Hz, for example), all the games are freezing upon launch... But it works fine on 15.6 Beta.

**EDIT**
    Yeah, Im not alone
    @reddit

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  3. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    so i actually succeeded in enabling vsr on my 1280x1024 display in windows 10 TP on my r9 280x vsr results are awesome.. :)

4. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    You should try to use DDU first to clean the previous dri..., Oh wait a second! :giggle2:

Man, I have VSR and Frame Rate limiter in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 build 10166.
    Wagnard, did you update to the latest official build of W10?

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    THIS was fun!

:eek:c:

6. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Bwahaha

7. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I couldn't help it!

Now it's the time when Wagnard turns up and... :deflate:

8. EJIekTpuK

EJIekTpuK Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9280X OC
    AMD VCE returned to the driver or not?

9. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    The current Catalyst 15.7 (at least for Win 8.1 64-bit) is missing AVT64 from Packages/Apps folder. I installed AVT64 from the modded version of the 1040 driver, and it's working with OBS VCE.

10. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    I am using DVI->DVI connection.Both Win10 and Win8.1 do not have the VSR option.I am starting to think that it is about Pitcairn.

As for the DXVA TDR issue, I did the same test(Both Win10 and Win8.1), and I do not experience it on all 15.200.x series driver(leaked driver here like 15.200.1040). So for now I believe it is fixed,but I agree it needs more time to test.

11. EJIekTpuK

EJIekTpuK Guest

GPU:
    MatrixNetrunner, please tell me how to do it?

12. MatrixNetrunner

MatrixNetrunner Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 270X
    Either download the 1040 driver (AMD_Catalyst_15.200.1040.0_June8-@asder00), unpack it using 7zip, browse to AMD_Catalyst_15.200.1040.0_June8-@asder00/Packages/Apps/AVT64/ folder and run AVT64.msi

or

Download the AVT64.msi from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!n4QAhaqC!J2U8Q_T9V1Y2pvsz9e_IEWI1OHReh1GP4-NyDJjx2IM

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    That's what i call fast support!

:D

14. EJIekTpuK

EJIekTpuK Guest

GPU:
    MatrixNetrunner, thank you for the quick support.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I remembered your words a few minutes ago when i read Yet Another 980Ti review who starts with this comment:

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/84497-inno3d-geforce-gtx-980-ti-ichill-x3-ultra/

So there is a REAL success in Fury X launch:

An increase in 980 Ti sells!

16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Yes, you're right; he's thinking that the resolution in which film or video is mastered in, and then remastered to a lower resolution display, is the same thing as VSR--it isn't, as you point out...;) The techniques for video mastering to different resolutions/displays are far different from real-time 3d-rendering in a 3d-accelerated game in which VSR is being used for FSAA...VSR is not even close to being as good as footage shot in a native 4k resolution that is re-mastered to 1080P, for instance. But that's because we are talking about two entirely different processes...2d & 3d, among many other differences. VSR is literally a form of SS FSAA in 3d games--it is not a remastering process for 2d film-clips/video, nor is it suitable for one...

It's as if people are thinking that because the feature is turned on in the CCC that it is always operating, irrespective of whether it is accelerating 3d or 2d...I've got many features in the CCC checked to run in a 3d game--FSAA. AF, etc. But when I'm running a videoclip (2d) none of those features are operating...obviously. Same with VSR--simply because the feature is turned on in the CCC doesn't mean it is always operating...;) It only operates in D3d/OpenGL accelerated 3d games, or software running in a 3d API that the GPU accelerates--and even then not in all games. Accelerating 3d games is not the same thing as accelerating 2d videoclips...entirely different processes...

17. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    = running real smooth via the 7870's in crossfire..

18. darktranq

darktranq Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti FE
    So my issues with bigger mouse pointers (after extensive googling and there's a history of with past AMD cards) stems from using HDMI.

I have a dual monitor setup, one monitor was DVI->DVI, the other was DVI->HDMI (only cable I had). Borrowed a friends DVI->DVI cable, changed over the HDMI cable in question, reinstalled 15.7's, all fixed.

So that solved that problem. Also did some research on VSR (never used it before) and gave it a try with MotoGP 15. Probably not the best game to use as an example, but the 290 didn't struggle and the game looked nice, so I can't complain.

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I didn't think about what you are pointing and it should be as you said:VSR is not working while video playback.

So what he watch is the normal video playback at monitor/TV native resolution (upscaled by the software if needed) with a big touch of placebo effect!

But there is also a scary possibility that he is still using it, remember VSR can also be used as desktop resolution, maybe he use a player in windowed mode or bordeless windowed fullscreen in an HTPC software like Kodi/Isengard who has both modes.

Kodi/Isengard has also fullscreen exclusive mode but i never tried to select a different resolution than the native of my TV/monitor because i consider this technique an aberration to a movie/video quality if by any misterious reason it worked.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  20. EJIekTpuK

EJIekTpuK Guest

GPU:
    I installed AMD AVT(VCE). But I can not use it to record video hardware codec. It is not available. This is problem.