Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Disabling traffic is no different to just not playing the game at all. Its not addressing the issue. I shouldnt have to remove game mechanics in an open world game just to have an enjoyable experience.

As for road blocks, im not talking about coned off streets and trunks sitting stationary across roads or police barricades. Im talking about the individual behavior of ai vehicles of when in a mission vs free roaming. They act almost completely different to your presence when partaking in a story mission.

2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Only ever since every GTA game since GTA 3

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Welcome to the real world. I see j**ks like that every day. Ppl are sleepy in the morning or are busy with their cellphone and almost drive on the grasslane on the right side then they notice the right side is bumping up& down and they TOTALLY FREAK OUT and steer to the left too far and almost end up on the other side of road. Ppl stop a car because they're looking for directions all the time. They start to drive, stop again, turn around, speed away etc etc.

Just this morning i had a BMW doing a burnout just behind me because he was pissed he had to wait for 10 cars to go by him and so he decided to join into the row just behind me with just a couple of meters between me and the woman behind me lol.

Ppl are j**ks and GTA just portrays that in a satire and a bit overdone kind of way and now ppl get pi**ed by GTA ? lol

Chill !

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dont get me wrong, its not a problem thats limited to the gta series by any means. But I dont find it fun to be frustrated by cheap game tactics. As such, i chose to stop playing it.

5. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    Well I'm glad I'm not just going crazy thinking these things and others have noticed. I could see it being kind of a real life thing but some of it just annoying.

6. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    When the heck are we going to get the authentic car mod with real actual brand name cars and handling physics?????????

I have not even begun playing the damn game because I'm still waiting for this, I know I know I'm being SUPER picky and ridiculous

7. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  8. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Game doesn´t like multi gpu I guess.

9. nexus_711

nexus_711 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1080 Twin X2
    Yes, I have same problem game like freezes for a second or two. This all started after latest update. No solutions so far. I have tried core parking and it doesn't help, guess we have to wait for R* response 'cos I've seen lot of posts around net stating same problem.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    If they do fix it with a new update, make a backup copy of the gtav folder (i know, its massive) in case the following patch buggers it up again.

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    You only need to backup binaries and the update folder.
    Not everything.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is that right? Ok, thanks. Ill keep that in mind if i ever reinstall it. Thanks man.

13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    It ran perfectly fine for the first ~90 hours that I played it on a Multi GPU setup, with 2 - GTX780Ti cards.

I only started having issues when I upgraded to the 980Ti.

14. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Pretty sure it's just the latest patch as everything was fine for me beforehand. It'll run perfectly fine for a few minutes and then I'll start getting mini stutter/pauses whilst driving around, crashing into cars or in fire fights etc something which never happened before. People are also reporting massive slowdowns when using the mini gun or entering Ammu-Nation.

15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yup also getting really bad stuttering in Story Mode on pretty much any cutscene.. all the cutscenes seem to run at 54-56fps now rather than locked to 60fps with Vsync.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can someone tell me what version the game was before the latest update.

There are a few user uploaded patches for download on few of the usual places. The latest being Update 5 (1.0.350.2), which is two patches back from the current and Update 6 - GTAV Title Update 1.27 (v1.0.372.2) which is one patch back.

You could try downloading it and seeing if installing it over the top of your current install may revert something and restore performance.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yes, it's like the Forstbite games where they use a separate folder for updated file instead of overwriting them, except for binaries.

By the way, the version, 372.2 it was.
    Don't know about the online component, can't remember. I think 1.06

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Grand.Theft.Auto.V.Update.6(v1.0.372.2) was the update before the current version. I have link to it (not my own, through a google search), if anyone wants it.

19. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I'll give it a try, will it even let me patch over the current one?

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im not sure, but make sure to back up each file that it replaces. Check you pm and read the info in the link.

argh, what the hell is MEGAsync? Is this something new at MEGA?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.