Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Just want to ask if anyone knows how to edit in-game hdr profile.

2. Zer01neDev

Zer01neDev Guest

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    Does anyone know where Sound Music is stored ? (Music in Playlist)

3. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Is all watch dogs modding cancelled?

Cause there isn't any new updates coming from the main guys.

4. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    It's summer, we're on vacation :)

5. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Oh, alright. I was wondering what was going on. :)

6. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    I've always wondered: is there a way to edit the car physics in Watch Dogs? If the game had realistic car behavior, it would be a waaay better game.

7. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Yes, but it would be extremely painful to edit that stuff

8. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Hi guys, I don't know if this is a well known bug but the lamp lighting on the rain is bugged on almost all the Mad Mile lamps, it's as if their rain illumination radius is a dozen times larger than the usual lamps, so almost all the rain on the screen is lit up, with the added downside that even a slight rotation of the view causes all the affected rain particles to become lit/unlit in an instant. :(

Here's an example, notice the slight variation of viewing angle and the huge visual difference:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I noticed that a year ago. This bug going away itself as you play different campagin/online modes. Reloading a savegame helps sometimes but rarely.

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Yep I tried reloading a save but it didn't help, the thing that is strange is that it happens only with the cold lamps of mad mile, as soon as I noticed this weird behaviour I drove to the loop district and the warm colored lamps were fine. :eyes:
    Oh well it's not a big deal honestly, just weird. :D

Maybe this is one of the reasons why they disabled it as default, somewhat like the headlight shadows that have the weird surface shadowing glitch, most probably it would have required more development time and Ubisoft was already rushing the team. :O

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015

11. sharkraiden

sharkraiden Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    Anybody know how can i change Dot ConneXion music to the e3 2012 verion?

12. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Please don't post the same question in different threads please.

But, to answer your question:

The music files in WD are very complicated to understand, they are segmented into three to six second clips and the game's algorithms then puts it all together into one large track.

The problem with that is, well, for a song which is at least three minutes long it would take a lot of time renaming, and reformatting the files (which are very spread out throughout the files).

And if you don't get it right, you'll have to go searching though a sea of files to find the right one, since most of the files are, well, all of the sounds of Watch_Dogs_, even the unused ones.

So, in short, yes it's possible, but very time consuming.

13. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    her's how you can swap music ( in theory )

unpack the audio archive, convert every file to a readable format ( ogg or mp 3 cant remember, check the first post on this thread ), then locate all the files of the specific song that you want to change

music in WD is divided in multiple layer so the game can mix it on the fly, for example one song has a full mix a light one, extra light ect ..

once you get your file you have to figure out how the song is exactly arranged, wich layer is the first the second ect .. otherwise the game will mix the music the wrong way

when you figure out the arrangement you load every layer into an audio editor with the right arrangement, take a song that you want to replace with, put it under the original song, then cut it the same way as the original is, you have to replace every layer with another one basically, then export every layer separately , while keeping an arrangement that make sense

then it just a matter of re importing into the patch file

14. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Bloom editing tutorial

15. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    So, still no updates on Watch Dogs 2? I bet Ubi downgrading it now, to avoid complains about graphics differences between the Demo and Retail versions. :chainsaw:

16. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    hahaha, pretty sure they will not make the same mistake ( who knows its ubisoft lol ), but i think they want to impress peoples just like the E3 2012 demo did, and they have to work very very hard to do it on potatoes consoles, otherwise they would have showed it at E3 2015

or it will be just okey graphically but they are working on more/better content/gameplay/story wich the first one lacked heavily

17. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Something tells me we will get reveal/first info on WD2 during this year, they have to announce it after new assasins creed game release, I think.

18. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yeah exactly, i guess they dont want to cockblock ACS with WD2, i would bet for a pre E3 reveal like ACS, but that would be disapointing, i want to be slapped in the face like in E3 2012 with a crazy demo

19. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Maybe at Paris Games Week which starts 28th october.

20. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    hey guys does anyone know how to increase shadow sharpness ? they tried to make it look like soft shadow but everywhere and at the wrong distance

CMS shadows can make them less blurry but as you know it make fog/smoke buggy and flicker