980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I've read about these fan issues by older Evga and MSI TF designs, usually its fan design issue or damaged motor or something like that.

Try fan @ 100% for few moments maybe it will go away or by certain fan % speeds.

2. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Just tried 100% for a minute or so then put it back down to 70 and still getting the sound. If it's a damaged motor is it possible to get a replacement fan somewhere? That sounds like so much less hassle than RMA.

3. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090

You have to be joking me dude:bang: gl and I hope this is your first video cause otherwise, damn! is all I can say..

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Not sure what you're trying to say about my video but the only point of it was to get the sound. So who cares how it looks?

5. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Listen bud, first you asked if you should rma because it oc'ed like crap, then if you should because of the fan. I am just adding these up to someone unhappy with a purchase. I've been doing this for far to long to be able to spot someone not 100% with their purchase and that you would be happier with another -even the same model, just a new one. And yes, any card at 70% is going to make noise, especially at 1" distance.
    So, I truly hope you figure this out but I am telling you that a replacement would be best to put your mind at ease. Nothing more, nothing less.

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Well.... you could do the usual fun stuff like see how high you can get the core clock to go and then throw some boring Firestrike benchmarks at it. Or see how Witcher 3 does at 4K. Not sure why you'd ever uninstall that game!

Talk about impulsive though.... I just ordered 2 Gigabyte G1s. If all goes well and they don't have ****ty coil whine, then I'll probably sell the EVGA. It's actually a pretty good EVGA all things considered, but I couldn't find any in stock anywhere, and I wanted to try SLI over the weekend. I've literally 0 patience, and the clock is ticking on my gaming time with a baby coming up :p

7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    The **** are you talking about? I never asked about RMAing because of poor clocks, just the fans. No the video was not done at 1" from the card, yes I did get relatively close to make sure the sound was picked up on the microphone. If you could actually be in the same room you'd hear just how loud it yes. Yes 70% should have a loud whooshing sound but this noise it's making is way louder than that. No this whining sound is not normal as other people on overclock.net (including jim2point0) have just confirmed to me.

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  9. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Seriously relax yourself. At this point I would tell you to return your freakin card and spend the dough on getting your stick wet. Even if I was wrong you need to chill the **** out.
    And to be honest, if you had half a brain and you really thought that even a fan needed oil (lol) on a $700, days old, card you'd rma on your own.
    So take your card and stick where the sun dont shine

PS. Now you know an a-hole post

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This is intolerable!
    My 290 sounds like F-111 taking off, and it's less annoying than that ^^

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I'd expect nothing less than an a-hole post from you. And sorry but oiling fans does help. I've had several fans over the years that got loud and oil fixed it right up, including video card fans.

12. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  13. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Just had a listen to your fan noise and yes rma that card, neither of mine sound like that. Sorry that idiot is giving you a hard time for nothing really..just don't waste your time responding.

14. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Thanks. Yeah I'm done.

15. qgshadow

qgshadow Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI 2560x1440
    Hey guys, been a long time since i roamed these forums, but i have a quick question.

I just bought two of these GTX 980 TI G1 and have an issue with the overclocking OC GURU II. at the place where it should have the OC/Default/Eco mode, there is a Synchronisation mode which i know what it is. But where the hell are my default oc eco modes now. Should i just ditch the OC GURU and use AB instead? with +50mv +150core in AB directly ?

16. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Funny I never called anyone names or swore in posts and at the end of the day you get what you give in posts. And yeah Zim, you tell him the same thing but I am the idiot

Lets take it the start;
    -compaints about poor overclockin. People recommend replacement/exchange so that theyd be happier.
    They refuse/cant/dont want to

-complaints about crappy fans/noise. rma obviously recommended.

-straight up ask if they should rma. (...)

Welcome to the club Zim

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  17. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    Hey guys, every now and then after boot up or during boot up my 980ti fans hit high rpm then slow down and are fine during gaming or anything else it never does it again, and its not everytime i boot up. Do i need to worry? its oc'd with precision x with 60% fan speed on and its passed every benchmark and ive gamed for hours on it. I am rather confused.

18. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Thats normal behavior my cards are doing the same thing to, when i put my pc on or reboot it, its just for a few sec.

19. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    Just never noticed it with my 780Ti's haha it must be the thing everyone does when they get anything new. fear something is wrong.

20. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC