AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jul 8, 2015.

1. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    Well,It is already 60Hz,1920*1080.

[​IMG]

What Digital Flat-Panel page shows is maximum rate ,not the rate the PC currently is.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If I add a custom resolution with CRU the VSR checkbox isn't there anymore. It could be something to do with that. Download CRU and edit your maximum Hz to 60. Restart the drivers.

3. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @brightbule3921, the thing is...IF I set "GPU up-scaling = ON" VSR option will disappears. Only turning it OFF again and refresh the tab (or closing CCC and open it up again) will bring VSR option visible again. I was getting this "issue" since first driver VSR introduction. And why you unable to turning it off wonders me. DDU? Atiman Uninstaller? Won't suggest you to fresh install the OS tho...it's painful and such :) Try to manually clean registry - check your display adapters and monitors keys...delete unused ones and such...check for "garbage" keys in adapters/ monitors section...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I can have both enabled and VSR stays visible :)

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Hmm...sec, I'll check it...

Yep. Mine too...wow...first driver for me where "it" didn't happen :)

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    http://www.computerbase.de/2015-07/...r-fuer-windows-10-bringt-vsr-auf-die-hd-7xxx/

Google translation:

In the first few hours after the release of Catalyst 15.7 Numerous users have spoken out, the VSR despite formally supported hardware are not allowed.
    In some cases, it has helped the driver using the Display Driver uninstaller (DDU) to completely remove and re-install again. But in any case safe method is not even this.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I can break VSR by adding custom resolutions with CRU, that's why I said for the person to change the monitor Hz maximum to a more common value (60Hz).
    Something has been overlooked by AMD and will need to replicate it someway :)

8. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @brightbule3921, OK...my last thought --- check for "DalOverrideDownScaleLimit" in here >

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000]

[​IMG]

...if you found it - delete "DalOverrideDownScaleLimit" value. Restart. Check for VSR. Report back.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Maybe AMD should hire Wagnard to include a proper unninstaller in his drivers bundle.
    If they replace the "Gaming Evolved" crapware with something useful like this it will be a benefit for all of us.

:)

And no...It's not a joke.

I don't remember the last time the AMD drivers unninstaller/installer do a clean and effective job.

10. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I miss Nvidia's "clean install" option while installing a new drivers. I was satisfied with it...

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Agreed. Installation is by far the least polished and the least robust aspect of Catalyst.

Basically Click & Pray

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Guys, this is the AMD section. I'm already on the edge of upgrading and don't need any of this :D

13. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    @ fr33jack
    It is Windows 8.1 x64 that I can't turn-off "up-scaling".
    I am sorry but I do not want to use DDU or any third-party utility to do so-call "clean registry" on my main system.So I can't test it(DDU).

But I setup a testing Windows 10 and I can disable "up-scaling" on it.
    I have tried DDU on Windows 10 Build 10162 also,but all are same result.

And now I just upgraded to Build 10166 ,it can be taken as a fresh install of driver because when I open CCC, every setting is in initial status.

But I still do not have VSR option on Windows 10 Build 10166.

@theoneofgod
    I just tried CRU on Windows 10.
    It seems the maximum refresh rate is already 1920*1080/60Hz in CRU.
    Also CCC will not allow me to set to 75Hz under 1920*1080.

There are more posts talking about VSR missing issue out there(especially HD7850) ,so maybe there are still something have to be done on driver side.

Anyway for now I will just wait till next driver out or let it go. CCC15.7 is a stable new driver for my card and I am good with it.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Does CRU let you add a custom resolution? You can basically do what VSR does with CRU. Add say 2560x1440 to it at 60Hz. That's all VSR is.

15. WaqasR

WaqasR Member

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon R9 270X
    Best driver so far. everything is working smooth as always
    VSR and Frame Rate options are working fine so far no issues.

i simply uninstall old driver with DDU in safe mode and install 15.7 normal windows and blahhh blahhh

i had never any issue with ATi drivers now or before .

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Last time I used it (against my better judgment), it messed up my Extended Desktop. I ended up with 20+ hard restarts before I figured out whats going on.

DDU saved my @ss couple of times, but I won't use it unless absolutely necessary.

17. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    most luckiest man ever lived :D

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I know that a single 7950 (i mean 280) you use right now since the CFX "retirement" is not enough to properly play AAA titles in ultra at 60 fps but this is a very bad moment to upgrade IMHO.

After the Fury X fail to gain his price category battle against 980Ti, i can't recommend the former to anybody.

The never ending AMD driver disaster is not helping.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The 980Ti is still priced too high here, the same as the Fury X in some stores and that's for reference. To get something like the Strix, it's more like £620 which is £100 more than the Fury X.
    The Fury needs to be priced right.

20. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Here's a comparison between 1920x1080 and VSR @ 2560x1440. Both have SMAA. Not sure if it is worth dropping to 60/100hz for this.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015