AMD Catalyst 15.7 WHQL Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    i found out that using vsr is the only way i can play ff xiii, if i play at my native resolution the cpu and gpu get underused and i i get terrible stutters, with vsr it actually forces the gpu into high performance mode and at least get somewhat stable fps, the game is a disaster in performance anyway. Frame limiter on the other hand gets me terrible stutter with vsync, i guess if you have a freesync monitor it would do wonders.

2. fixel

fixel Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    They may be newer, but I don't want it to happen. I'm not comfortable with Windows deciding what drivers are best and installing them on a whim.

3. Bards n Lard

Bards n Lard Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 280x
    So far in the thread, I believe Undying is the only GCN 1.0 user to get 3200x1800.

What connection is he using?

4. buhzy

buhzy Member

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2070 super
    my r7 260x is stable with 1280/1750 with this driver and older no crashing or flickering

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you know that one of the main reasons ( if not THE reason) Windows 10 Technical Preview is released is to get feedback from user experiences with features and drivers, right?

It's "Technical" and it's "preview" at the same time.

:)

6. DarkShinobu

DarkShinobu Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380x G1
    Nvm.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  7. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Ouch! Slap! :D

8. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Well VSR is now showing for me just fine, the Windows 10 10166 update got it working, soon as i started up after the update the popup came up and the option was enabled by default for me.

So all is right for me now, it feels good man :D.

9. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    disable windows update service, then install 15.7

then, after a time of your chosing (every 2 weeks, every months, every 2 months) enable windows update to get the newest updates ... not so much for w10 tbh... and then disable windows update and reinstall 15.7 or what ever you like. repeat.

that way you get the updates and well you have to install the driver once per <period of time you chose>.

i personally have disabled wu and never enable it. my windows runs fine.
    i just switched from a 10135 (wu ran until 2 days after release) to 10162 without updating 10135 in between.

your decision.

10. fixel

fixel Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    I've decided for the time being just to let the Windows Update version install. I get nearly identical 3DMark scores on either driver, so not too concerned right now. Thanks for the tip though.

11. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    I haven't robbed a house in a while so I'll have to stick to VSR to try and make the ****ty trees and bushes in FFXIV look better.

12. Mega

Mega Guest

GPU:
    Club3D R9 290 @ 4096x2160
    2D video stream does improve with VSR.

Just YouTube 4:4:4 why 4k UHD videos seems better on 1080p displays.

All recorded video uses 4:2:2 compression where they have 100% of the brightness resolution information, but 1/4 resolution for the colour information.

If you have 4K UHD video record would be 4:2:2 1/4 the colours resolution information down sample that to 1080p you get 4:4:4 showing a true 1080p 2million pixels of relevant information instead of low resolution 1080p with wash out colours, blurry, and less details.

VSR works in 3D as well because it down samples a higher complex render, and provides more relevant information that why the 3D model seems to be render finer constructs, better geometry, and details.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    A 4K video stream image quality is not improved by downscaling it to 1080p to watch it in a 1080p TV.

You can't objectively say that a 4K movie watched on a 1080p TV has better image quality than the same movie content from a 1080p BluRay watched in the same 1080p TV model and size when you compare them reproduced in two TVs side to side.

The 1080p content is best viewed in a 1080p native res TV.

The contrary is even more obvious:

SD or HD content watched on UHD TVs looks worst than saw in their respective resolution matching TVs.

This is very different than a downsampling process for PC video gaming where we don't use already created content but we created the content itslef at the higher resolutin we arbitrary decide.

In the downsampling process we modify the initally created image to improve aliasing in the image.

In the upscale or downscale process to watch a video streaming at a different resolution than the original already provided we want to avoid this kind of modification, we look after the fidelity.

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If you have that problem you can use RadeonPro and force the 3d clocks when the game is playing. I do it for all my games, and it works perfectly. I wouldn't be able to run Dolphin properly without it. Same for Process Lasso and power plan switching.

I wonder too. I hope he doesn't come back and tells us that he fixed it, and he's stuck at 1440p like everybody else. :D

15. Real_GM

Real_GM Guest

GPU:
    Visiontek 290 X3
    For those that are missing the VSR option, did you enable it under "My Digital Flat-Panels" and "Properties"?

It appears not to be enable by default and you have to enable it manually for each monitor you have.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Those that are having issues can't see the option to enable.

17. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    I just can't see the VSR option:
    [​IMG]

@fr33jack,I tried but it seems can't be turn off.Once I click apply it checked automatically.This is really oddly but anyway I already reported it to AMD.

18. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @brightbule3921, turn OFF GPU up-scaling and refresh Digital Flat panel properties tab

[​IMG]

19. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Can custom resolutions <1440p be created? At 1440p the highest refresh available is 100hz. I want to try out 1.5x scaling instead of 1.75x and see if I can get full 120hz.

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Set your refresh rate to 60Hz and see.