New Steam Games

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jamie T, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Hey everyone,

I've recently set up a project called "New Steam Games".
    Found at: http://newsteamgames.com/

The concept is simple, it's dedicated to keeping you up to date with new releases. Yes you can find this info on steam themselves, but I feel my way gives new releases better attention.

I haven't started promoting my project yet, but since day 1 its already had a nice amount of visitors and so on. So depended on its activity I'll see what happens with it.

Meaning stuff like full domain mapping, but since that would cost me even more and I don't earn money of this I'll wait and see.

Hopefully people will respond positive to this idea.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Genuine question. How is your way better?

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Yeah not getting this at all..

4. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Because I only focus on new released.
    Whilst steam dedicated a small table on its website to it.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Good ya for trying something new and i say keep at it. But atm, you've not done anything outside of what steam already offers.

If you want to be awesome, you can make a site that only lists complete, fully released, highly reviewed, properly optimized and or ported games. Filter out all the crap and i'll more than happily choose your site over steams. I literately feel ill when opening steam and seeing the storefront, causes me to just shutdown steam and not play anything let alone buy.

Ask for suggestions, rather than trying guess work. It'll save you headaches in the long run and prevent wasting time.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I agree, if there were a site that showed all the recent, GOOD games (at the very least, only showing games with positive reviews, aka blue ratings) that'd be cool. I love to see EVERYTHING, but sometimes i just want to see what others are suggesting is good.

Maybe even have the ability to filter out everything but "overwhelmingly postitive" or "mostly positive" etc.

8. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Thanks for the tips I'll come up with a way so people can filter out games with good ratings and other useful filters.

9. nvanao

nvanao Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti Classy
    @Jamie T: Has GTX 780 4GB?? Wow!? But no exist... and yes only 3GB!

10. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Your comment isn't even relevant.
    [​IMG]

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    ricardonuno1980 has never been relevant to what is posted, lives in his own little world, ignore nvanao/ricardonuno1980 tbh

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  12. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Hey Guys,

I'm anxious to 'bump' this topic as I expect negativity, but I'll do it anyways.
    But I worked on the website Adding an easy click that displays only Positive Rated Games.

I've added filters and plan to expand these when other tags such as Sci Fi, Horror, Zombie, RTS and more have enough post linked to them.

Because steam actually doesn't release games on Saturdays and Sundays I now to keep activity going have started publishing Reviews on games and on Sundays do a recap of the week highlighting all games that have been well received.

13. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Looking slightly better, altough is it possible to be able to filter categories for most positive reviewed games?

14. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Sadly not, I don't have such features in wordpress.

15. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Shame, its also sad to see the humongous influx of ****ty pixel art indies.

16. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Yeah im not a big fan of those games, thus I don't even publish a post on all of those similar games that are released.

Only on days of not many other kind of games being released I'll do them, since I need to spit out daily games to keep it interesting.