Radeon R9 Fury specs Appear Online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    And with Radeon R9 Fury we obviously mean the non X model, that will be air-cooled. Apparently this card will be cut down a bit towards 3584 Stream Processors by enabling only 56 of the 64 compute ...

Radeon R9 Fury specs Appear Online

2. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    "We shouldn't expect performance to be that much less, probably 10-15% less than Fury X. But, without that huge radiator and pump, we're going to have an impressive card to combat the GeForce GTX 980 and GTX 980 Ti"

Ehm what? This statement makes no sense, FuryX is barely enough to compete with the 980Ti. The fury will be a fantastic card since it should outperform the 980 with a great price but leave the 980Ti out of the equation...

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Makes sense to me, basically saying for the price, it's great as it competes with the 980, but it won't touch the 980ti

4. cuneytcam

cuneytcam Member

GPU:
    Fiji XT is rumored to have ROP bottleneck. If those rumors are remotely accurate and rop count remains at 64x in Fiji Pro, performance drop should be few percentages. This product can be bang for buck for higher segment of graphics cards. If AMD is preparing above average driver for w10 fiji pro is probably what im going to buy. Strangely enough I would hate to experience kepler gpus got shafted after maxwell was released.

Even though it is a rumor, less than optimal driver tweaks for reviews and gtx970 memory f.k up as a fact, makes me lean towards for amd gpus. I want to know what im buying beforehand and not after the sale is done

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    At least 4 GB MEANS 4 GB :p

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It's competing against a real 4GB card. Beat a dead horse much.

Really my 670's don't feel like they have been gimped in any way.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  7. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If amd prices this card similarly to the gtx 980 I think it is the optimal card to buy. The 980 non ti is severely handicapped when running 4k. Dont just look at the fps, for example, in dragon age inquisition the 980 would have huge lag spikes when ever the game was in dialogue mode and have scene changes but the fps would be playable afterwards. This was along many other bugs the game had. I blame the slow memory buffer for these artifacts because the 980ti runs perfectly fine, the 980 was the worst card I ever bought... I payed such a huge premium for a gpu that I had to replace Because it would be a waste of money getting a second one. Knowing what I know now I should have bought a amd r9 290x 8gb or 4gb. The Fiji is far superior to a gm204 with 3.5 or 4gb.

8. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Theoretically to Moore's Law, Fury may have a very short life span

9. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

That horse is still very much alive until the 970 are discontinued .

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  10. exodus1337

exodus1337 Member

I think i'll stay with a company that actually cares... The drivers for these cards really are crap and not to mention the issues with games... It's a nightmare! The last WHQL driver was 12/09/2014 LMAO!!!! then a bunch of ****ty beta drivers... Then a crappy freesync driver that doesnt even fix 50% of the issues and they even state it!!! lmao!! "this release enables optimisations and fixes for some AMD FreeSync technology" ahahhah AMD is a joke and I used to like them back in ATI days but holy **** I'm glad I have a 980 Ti..

If your on a small budget, social security, live at moms, or work at McDonalds, AMD is for you! If you have common sense, a real job, and a brain, then buck and spend a measly extra 100 bucks and get a product that wont let you down. Let alone has legitimate consistent driver releases with actually notable gains in performance.. Before any of you AMD die hard to suborn to buy a better product fanboys respond, im not not going to read any replies :) cheers.

11. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I find it ironic that the biggest fanboys are usually the first one to call out fanboys. In this case this one trows out a preemptive callout before anyone has a chance to reply lol

12. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Nope, pretty much dead until I hear of people I know having problems with the card. Face it, the issue was made bigger than it was by the users. Nvidia are ****s to lie to us, but the performance is hardly impacted.
    I know my card performs well.

13. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    WHQL drivers only mean said company paid Microsoft money to "test" the drivers and they don't guarantee against BSODs. I rather a company only pay the fee only a year at most and release beta drivers to insure important updates.

I just upgraded to a 980 ti from a 7970 and guess what? My 7970 could play the witcher 3 for hours on end but my 980 ti can't even last 30 minutes without crashing to the desktop with the 353.38, and yes it's an Nvidia driver problem and you can google it! If only the 350.12 supported the 980 ti...

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Ive not had a single crash with my 980ti, so cant say its a nvidia driver problem as it would be affecting everyone

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Would be lovely. But while 14/16nm may create cooler and smaller chips, price per transistor is nearly same as 28nm.

So you can get performance bump either from higher clock which I do not expect with early 14/16nm or from completely new micro architecture of GPU, which will have same or higher performance while having considerably less transistors.

I do not think average gamer will pay $800+ for new 14/16nm GPU which will deliver like 40% higher fps than 980Ti/Fury X.
    Average gamer will still buy $200~$300 GPU which will still be vastly inferior to those 2 mentioned above.

14/16nm will probably make interesting things in mobile gaming but high performance desktops will not see drastic change till AMD/nV create new more efficient architecture.

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    4gb on a 970 is a non issue, don't understand why people keep bringing it up. One person on here returned his 970 bought a real 4gb 290x and had an awful time with it then got the 970. Fake 4gb ftw.

17. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    When people say something like "I just upgraded... and crashes" I think its obvious in 99.99% of cases it is user error and nothing more

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Yeah but a 290x is not a fiji.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    You can mod the driver yourself. There Is a sticky in the Nvidia driver section.

20. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    I used to do that years ago thanks for reminding me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.