Which of the 2 cards should get?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by NomadAssassin, Jul 5, 2015.

1. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    This one http://www.pazaruvaj.com/zvukovi-karti-c3140/creative/sound-blaster-audigy-fx-p202575643/

Or this one http://www.pazaruvaj.com/zvukovi-karti-c3140/creative/sb-x-fi-titanium-p35855246/

I'm a complete noob in terms of audio. I just want to play games and watch movies. I'm arming myself for Fallout 4 with whatever I can.
    On the side note mentioning Fallout. I know that Fallou3 and NV had some issues with some cards. It's priority for me the game to run perfectly with the selected audio card.

2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    First card is more than a decade old now, and the second is 7 years old. Nothing newer available? Xonar DX, Sound Blaster Z, etc..?

3. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    I don't care how old they are if they do the job. It's not like they graphics cards where every year or six months there is a new technology on the boards. Besides I need something cheap.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Maybe try ebay you might get lucky on a newer model.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    A second hand Z would be my recommendation as a minimum purchase.

6. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    This one #2 Creative SB X-Fi Titanium

7. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
  8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You will care when you find no driver support for them on any newer OS. The Audigy is already not supported and you might have to rely on unofficial drivers if that even works.

Soundcard market is worse than graphics cards. Creative are utterly careless about support yet make good hardware. Asus also makes bad software and good hardware for their soundcards. So buy something recent and is promised support at least for a few years.

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The Creative SB X-Fi Titanium is the better choice out of those two that you listed. Like it was already mention a used Sound blaster Z would be a better choice if you can find one used low enough.

But since you said you need something cheap then you can get a Asus Xonar DG SI for 51.00 from here http://www.altech.bg/bg/product/47525.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  10. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    The Asus suggestion is nice thanks but I only have 2 PCIE x1 ports on my Mobo of which one is covered by the dual slot GPU. Maybe I should not get SSD now and get brand new SB Z. Aghhh or maybe should get the titanium and get SSD so I can come into the 21st century. Oh God idk.

11. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Get the Sound Blaster Z. It will work and its a great card. If you buy that old crap,you are guaranteed its not going to work with Win 10.. Why risk it? Just spend a tad more and get something that is going to work.

13. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    I don't know most of my old pc hardware and peripherals drivers were not supported on Windows 8.1 and therefore had no issues installing vista drivers or even XP drivers on the OS. Comparability installation is a great "new" technology lol

14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    You can find that sound blaster z for around $70-90.. I'd just get that and know compatibility with Win 10 won't be an issue. Plus its a great card and has quality components in it. Listen,with each new iteration of Windows,your eventually going to be forced to upgrade your hardware,just accept it and move forward.

15. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Got the Sound Blaster Z if anyone is interested. Don't know if it was the right choice but I guess I'm about to find out.

16. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Tell us more about it if you like it or not! :D

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    It was absolutely the right choice! Congrats!

18. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Oh... my... God. All these people who said stick to the onboard realtek HahahahHAHAHahhahaha just lol All these years I was living a lie! SBZ is... I don't know, never had dedicated sound card to compare to but damn the music. Such voice clarity and some people would defiantly appreciate the bass and all. I got it just as welcoming gift to Fallout 4 but seems that I wont play much games till then but instead listen music :D
    YES I like the card... and some ultra bright red light comes out of my case AWESOME.
    Salute to all of you here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hEOlUU93l4

19. kolayamit

kolayamit Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti
    buy the Xfi one, i am using Creative XFi Titanium Fatality Pro with danielK drivers in Win 10.