980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Did you see my updated run with over 23k gpu score?

For most games an upgrade wont help that much. But a 6/8 core will be very futureproof with dx12 and better multitreading

Been trying to figure out why gpu usage wont stay at 99% in combined, maybe i need a 6ghz cpu lol

2. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    I can't find it. Can you link it? What clocks were you running for that? Stock BIOS? If not what BIOS are you using?

Looks like that link is broken man.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  3. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    How the hell do you push it so damn high O_O

I have the EVGA SC+ and I can't add more than 155 Mhz over the factory OC without getting stability issues (driver crashes). Even on air I still have plenty of room to play with as far as temperatures go, but just can't get it stable. Not even adding any voltage helps. Even has an ASIC of 79.6%. What a bummer.

My best score (which is actually a little unstable in BF4):

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5275587

Graphics Score 20933
    Physics Score 12065
    Combined Score 7738

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Yeah I can't manage higher than 1416 boost, adding more voltage just drops the boost level because I'm hitting TDP. Which is why I'm considering stepping up to classified. 375 watts TDP sounds really nice.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015

5. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Does EVGA actually let you step up from 1 model of the same card to another?

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Generally no I believe the GTX 970 was an exception in some cases. I don't think the classifieds have ever been a card you could use EVGA's 'Step up' program. They may have been using the term to mean 'upgrade to' versus using the program.

http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Well that really sucks. Wish I had waited a few weeks to get a new card. I guess if I use a custom BIOS that's basically the same thing, right? Although the classifieds are probably binned better...

8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I'm wondering if there's a way I can squeeze more power out of my 980TI.

I'm only on air cooling, but this thing has a 79.6% ASIC quality and I can't get it to boost over 1500 MHz stable. Adding more voltage in MSI AB doesn't seem to help.

Think a custom bios would help? I've never messed with that though....

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes a custom bios will help. Maybe try one with like 1.25v, should be able to hit 1500, with additional power target.

I made my own bios you can try that if you want

10. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    I'm interested in trying this BIOS! My favorite so far has been the MaxAir BIOS from OCN.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You on water?

Each card is different regarding voltage, some dont like over 1.25, 1.21 etc. What are your clocks for that bios? I assume its like 1.274v underload?

12. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Yep I'm under water. MaxAir is 1.255v running 1530/3950. I've also flashed a BIOS that was 1.274v running 1560/4100. Have a link to your BIOS? Temps max at 43C on a hot day, but at night they don't go over 39C.

13. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Modding the bios wasn't as scary as I thought. I tried the MaxAir bios and managed 1538mhz stable with +475 on the memory.

14. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Can you go back to original bios if you want to? If so how?

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Well first you backup your current BIOS with GPUZ. There's a button to export it.

[​IMG]

Then you flash that bios like you would any other in order to revert.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015

16. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    So I was happily playing ESO yesterday when my machine just shut down. Shortly after, I could smell burning plastic. Opened my machine and my top 780 was too hot to touch. I have both 780's fitted with a G10 and an AIO water cooler. I think the RAM overheated and melted, possibly because of a loose fan connector (either that, or the G10's fan just isn't enough to cool the VRAM). So now I'm back down to one 780, which I'm selling and I'm grabbing myself a shiny new 980ti.

I've decided to get this one: http://www.inno3d.com/products_detail.php?refid=203

My last Inno card was a 770 which had a massive gpu boost, much higher than the MSI it was running with in my PC at the time. Also, it's sexy as hell!

The card should be here in about a week or so. Performance should be similar to my two 780's.

It's a strange feeling.. I'm devastated at losing my 780 SLI setup, it was pricey and I spent hours and hours flashing and testing them, getting them just right. At the same time, I'm a little excited for the 980ti.

Edit: I have to say.. I 've never run these cards outside of SLI, but damn, this OC'd 780 still kicks ass at 1080p. I'm actually quite surprised at just how well it runs.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  17. lapino

lapino Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX780Ti
    Been testing the MSI GTX980Ti 6G next to my Asus GTX980 for a few days now. Performance is great, but I kinda think temps are a bit too high and fan noise too much too, especially considering this is supposed to be a very good cooler.

I'm getting a temp of 77°C after running the Heaven 4.0 benchmark, with a fan speed of 75%. In game temps usually hover around 72°C but go to +78°C sometimes after long sessions of gaming (W3 for example)

This is with an open case, ambient temps around 25°C. My Asus GTX980 in same conditions never goes over 73°C.

18. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE

That sounds about right... the 980Ti just runs hotter.

TDP on the GTX 980 is 165 Watt, the 980Ti is 250 Watt. With it using a lot more juice it is going to get hotter, no way around that.

19. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    Just got my GTX 980 Ti today to replace the GTX 680 SLi setup I was using.

I can finally play current games in 4K without compromising on the image quality. Pleasantly surprised how well a certain closed alpha ran in 4K on it. Not going to bother with Arkham Knight until they release a proper patch.

Certainly runs cooler and quieter than my old setup, well worth the outlay if anyone is on the fence about getting one or two or three...

20. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    My Ti arrived today, its been a long time since ive had a nVidia card (GTX 260) obv a nice step up from a OC 7970, shame its got a lowish ASIC quality 58.5%, but so quiet, and its nice Batman doesnt cluck about :)

[​IMG]

Anything to look out for on the green side?