Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But why though?:D

The joker is just so boringly predictable that hes not really a threat. He just wants to mess with batman, wheres the scarecrow has a plan and if he needs to go through batman to achieve, he will. The scarecrow isn't interested in some "You and I are destined to do this for all eternity" crap that the joker talks about.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The best thing about Joker is that he's unpredictable.
    The Joker does see Batman as his other half, but that hasn't stopped him from going out of his way to try and kill Batman on several occasions.

And, Joker is far more dangerous then Scarecrow. Scarecrow is awesome, but, he's only a threat because of his toxins. Physically he's no match for Batman.
    Where as the Joker can take the punishment Batman dishes out. And, Joker, will kill partners, henchmen... even his number two, Harley, is subjected to horrible physical abuse.

Scarecrow doesn't want to kill anyone. He wants to cause fear. If the fear he causes makes them kill themselves or someone else... that's just a side effect in his eyes.
    Joker... wants to kill. Destroy, Main. Cripple. Rip Gotham apart and laugh while it lies bleeding and dying.
    Scarecrow wants fear. Joker wants destruction and death.

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Wow. I'm actually happy today i dont work in the game biz. Always wanted but never 'succeeded' thank god for that lol.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Agreed. Every video i see about the batmobile looks like a boring action game, not a rocksteady batman game.

Everything we know about Batman would suggest he wouldn't fight hundreds of drone tanks in the middle of the city, he would investigate how they are controlled and find a solution that would put all drones out of service with just 1 strike.
    THAT is what Rocksteady should have done after Batman realizes in the 1st tank fight the masses of drones are endless.

5. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Yeah the Batmobile is dumb but the universe of Batman this is set in is pretty damn unrealistic.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope the future patches don't mess up current saves. I don't want to lose my 95% completion save :p I've left riddler-post-catwoman and a few firemen for the "fixed version".

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think we're all confusing un/realistic with whats fun/not fun.

Just seen this:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170347025&postcount=7951

And
    https://steamdb.info/app/208650/history/
    Have they seriously edited the metacritic score!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  8. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Joker's main goal was/is to push Batman up to his breaking point. He wants Batman to lash out. He wants Batman to kill him. Batman's whole identity is built around his self control and if he lets go of that self control then Batman is a monster just like the villains he swore to protect Gotham from. He is pushing him to get him to break and give into the fear and anger that he uses to protect Gotham. Joker and Scarecrow are much in the same in that they are trying to use Batman's fear of failure against him.

9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Didnt know they put so much effort into the weapon sounds. They didnt sound that good ingame tbh, lacked some punch.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Both great/valid points, some id not considered.

I guess its just more that im bored of the joker.

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I was more than glad to see Hamill back as the Joker. His lines are absolutely fantastic, unlike Conroy's. Batman in this game is unidimensional and boring.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, removed, they can't edit it. And since metacritic put in a policy of only one submission then it'll likely stay removed even after the game is fixed

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Happy I didn't pay for this technical mess of a game, got it free with my 980Ti's.

I'll give it a year maybe then reinstall it.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    As said above, not edited... removed.
    But either way, who cares? Metacritic is... well... crap. Sorry but it's the same thing that's wrong with reviews.

A score.
    A "final score" that people throw around like some factual word of god on the quality or enjoyment of something.
    I don't mind the concept of a review, the idea behind them is solid and useful. But, when you put a score on something far too many grasp onto it and simply won't let go.

Far too often when talking about a game I like, I've had people throw some
    Metacritic score at me and tell why that the game sucks and I shouldn't like it.

EDIT: Side note.
    I hope they get an update out soon to fix the texture streaming. While it wasn't an issue at first, the more of the game I unlock, the more of a problem it seems to be.

15. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  17. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    can I download the game from torrent and buy it from steam then paste the files so steam wont have to download it again?

18. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I can understand that as more often than not he is often center stage as the villain Batman must defeat, and the others just play recurring roles in the crime plaguing Gotham City.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  19. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    just downloaded and set everything max @ 1080p including game works and ran in game benchmark

minimum 39fps
    average 49fps

not going to play until they fix whatever there fixing

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    You can, I've done it a bunch, need to make sure its going in the right folder. Not sure why you would bother since steam servers are going to be way faster than a torrent. Can't buy it on steam anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.