980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Odd, have you tried installing fresh off windows 7 sp1 iso? Also, ntlite with all updates may fix it too..

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/12/01/windows-7-black-screen-of-death-fix/

Try that

2. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    Hey guys im drunk and have a few daft questions. I have the superclocked EVGA card, do the extra clocks come into action automatically? and do I really need to do a driver sweeper for the gpu drivers or is a simple uninstall and clean install enough?

Herb

3. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Mauricio? Is that you? I had someone at my job get fired recently. His last name was Herbert and he liked to drink. :banana:

4. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    I haven't tried that. I did get through the SP1 install with no problems. I even installed a lot of the updates after that and haven't run into an issue so far. :banana:

This time I used an old Windows 7 Ultimate disc I had lying around. Currently running +150 core and +200 memory. OC'd it to that right off the bat and haven't had any crashes in two hours of The Witcher 3 and Unigine Valley.

I'm still so blown away by how smooth this is in games compared to my 7950's. Even compared to a single 7950 it's just so smooth. I mean obviously on paper the 980 Ti blows away the 7950's performance-wise, but there is something different. I can't explain it. 60 FPS with the 980 Ti is much more smoother and fluent than 60 FPS with a single 7950. :nerd:

So happy I made this purchase. Totally worth all the headache of installation.

EDIT: Sorry for not multi-quoting. I'm tired.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yeah Nvidia has better frametimes, AMD cards have lots of spikes, especially the new furyx. Post up some benches with your max OC :)

Tigerdirect said i was the 12th person to order the EVGA 980Ti but there was only 10 in stock, so i am on backorder :(... They said they received more cards this week though, i hope im not going to have to wait a long time..

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Run furmark. You very well could get a crash in that. I ran into that issue after having no issues with Heaven and Witcher 3.

7. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    Haha know it'd acruelly an old gamer tag that stuck. Could a by one answer me I'm sorry for being pushy I'd just like to know if it's a must do when installing a new card.
    Herb

8. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC

Your answers are automatically and yes. Don't use driver sweeper though use DDU

9. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    Thanks dude, used that and it found lots of old 780ti files and settings!

A question to those who have overclocked there 980Ti's I have never overclocked a card, but seeing all these people with 1400 mhz cores seems like I should be really doing it would love the extra performance. Is it as simple as setting the Memory + and core+ and setting fan speed?
    Herb

10. XeonX2

XeonX2 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti
    depends on how much u can push on stock voltage 1st.

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    You can get 1400 boost without messing with stock voltages. I doubt 1400 base is possible even pushing the voltage.

12. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Heaven 4.0 scores:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yup mine hit 1468Mhz on stock voltage... granted I tried pushing to 1500Mhz and the voltage slider doesn't seem to increase voltage at all. :\

14. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    You have to check "unlock voltage control" in settings. Unless you did that already.

15. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah voltage control is unlocked in MSI Afterburner, but doesn't actually raise my voltage at all.

Honestly not sure I need to bother perfectly happy with anything over 1400Mhz. The cards already get pretty warm I can't imagine how hot they would get if I was pushing over 1.2v to them.

16. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    I'm running 1500/4000 on stock voltage. Water block should be here this week and then the fun will begin! ASIC is 78.2%

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    What have you done to test stability? I'm beginning to wonder if some of these overclocks are truly stable. I only managed +115/+125. I know there's some variability in GPUs but less than half the core clock and 1/4 the memory clock variability?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  18. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    I love this card....1400 on boost....reference card. Temps max out at 84c. Ran GTAV, Witcher 3 and had zero issues.

Seriously thinking of buying a second.

19. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Furmark, Valley, Witcher 3, and GTA V all for many hours. Fire Strike crashes on me everytime, but there is something conflicting with the program (or it's corrupt) because it even crashes when the card is stock speeds and even stock downclocked. My ASIC is 78.2%. I run with a big fan pointed at the card because I'm still waiting on my water block to come in. Temps don't exceed 54C.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Like how long though? And no Heaven? I ran 10 passes of heaven, 30 minutes in furmark, 10 minutes in OCScanner on furmark furry E highest memory setting and a good amount of time in Witcher 3 and GTA V. It got to the point where everything would be stable in everything but one program so of course had to lower the clocks because unstable in one is unstable period.