Guru3D Rig of the Month - June 2015

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Guru3D rig of the month June 2015 is a rig from a real gamer, small yet not extraordinary in the sense that you couldn't do it yourself. But pretty darn nice if I may so. Check out the rig right...

Guru3D Rig of the Month - June 2015

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Nice rig, compact and fairly powerful.

3. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Indeed, getting such a powerhouse to work in such tight dimensions is awesome. I wonder how loud it is though.

4. Batboy

Batboy Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan X Hyb.
    Monster rig that would break my power bill! :)

5. Those wifi antenas look a bit fail...

maybe any broken laptop and pull out those antennas out the display panel back... those are much more powerful, and glue them somewhere in the plastic corners of the backside.

6. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Excellent! I like how small it is and how everything is packed in without wasting any space - loads of power in a very small form, good job!

7. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Seems too tight for air cooled SLI.. GPU temps must be very high.

But as the poster said, he's working on a new case.. I hope he adds liquid cooling for GPU's.

8. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    looks like a nicely compressed load of gaming power, like its gonna explode somehow, kudos for his effort and designing skills, it truly looks flawless imo

9. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I love what he did with this tiny case.

10. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah, I'd like to know what his GPU gaming temperatures are. If they're too high then I wouldn't like this build, (but as I said in my previous post I do think this build is excellent based on what I can see).

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nice, small and powerful. Beastly looking, good job.

12. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    There´s nothing quite like having several GPUs sitting on top of each other. :D

13. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Guess I'm the only one who spotted the air pocket in the cpu block which won't be helping with temps. Overall though very nice rig and impressive it's in such a tiny case. He'll when I was at school there would have been no chance of having 3 gpu's and water cooling on my paper round wage ;)

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The 780's pull cool air from below, that helps out a lot. :D

This is an awesome mini rig!

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Why do liquid cooling if the things that need them most, the GPUs, don't use it? You could have stuck with your crossfire setup if you changed the cooling for them. Intel CPUs these days hardly warrant liquid cooling. A hefty air cooler is usually more than enough.

16. hapkiman

hapkiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    Yes it looks great for a SFF case but are those 3GB or 6GB version of GTX 780's? Because there is a 6GB version. If he only has 3GB versions it is severely crippled for UHD or "4k" (he doesn't mention his monitor).

And those cards are seriously close. I'll bet they are toasty.

Decent looking rig though.

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    He mentions he has 3 monitors, though doesn't mention if all are used for gaming. Anyway, considering the money put into this, I doubt he went cheap and got the 3GB versions. But even if he did, DX12 and Vulkan are designed to take better advantage of the VRAM in multi-GPU setups, so it could still end up being at least 9GB total, depending on the game.

18. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    This is pricey rig, so i'm also interested in why not LCS all the way?

19. EKRboi

EKRboi Guest

GPU:
    3x GTX970 / 3x AOC i2757
    It is definitely an awesome rig, but speaking from experience those cards stacked like that will hit 80c+ in no time flat and start to throttle if left to manage their own fans.

If you manually crank the fans to 70%+ you can keep em from throttling, but it will be loud as hell. My experience is from my 970's and I had a 140mm fan blowing outdside air about 2-3 inches from the back of them blowing straight at the inlet..

those 780's may be worse due to higher power and less direct airflow. They are open in the "back" and can pull in "cool" air but with them as tight as they are everything just suffers from heat soak. Glad all of my stuff is water cooled now. The jet engines were annoying.

20. cleverman

cleverman Guest

GPU:
    People not notice how this rig can be laid on one side with a reservoir fitted or is it fitted ?
    No one notice the lack of a power plug so no power supply fitted.
    Unable to see the area that makes the most sense, ( pump,psu,reservoir )
    Is that because its not actually fitted and this has been thrown out to claim the prise ....
    Funny build that's fooling everyone and no one is saying a word.
    Power supply, reservoir, pump pls and the power plug socket.
    Where are they, Showing us a bunch of assembled parts and filling a closed loop to pretend its water cooled don't deserve any prise.
    Allso doing a close up of the board reset button powered up shows deliberate intent to fool us because there is no power supply fitted.

I would remove this as rig of the mth if I was you because it makes you a laughing stock because you can be fooled easy.
    Show us this rig running and I will eat my words,
    (someone I don't think that will happen)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015