Rocksteady talks about fixes Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    my money is safely in my wallet, away from these broken games.

3. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Another reason why I wait at least a month or two before even looking at a game.

4. Batboy

Batboy Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan X Hyb.
    There is a mystery always in these massive fails: Why did they release the game in the first place? Because the mistake is very big. How is it possible that nobody realized it during the process of controlling quality?

The patches will be huge, I guess. Is it a cheat to get the people's money or do they seriously not notice that the game sucks on PC's, performance wise?

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    They would've had a deadline that they had to stick to and despite any warnings they may have given WB, WB most likely said "doesnt matter, we'll patch it post launch", not realizing how bad of shape the game was in.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow that sure looks like a mess

7. Batboy

Batboy Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan X Hyb.
    Yes, I guess that too. But when the patch is "another game" size :D, companies should think about it first. The cost in money for them will be immense too.

8. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Vote with your wallet, that hurts these greedy **** companies the most. And thank goodness for steam refund now! It made them pull it from there immediately after soo many gave it negative reviews and asked for refund.

This is the only way this should be handled period. Buy a game just like any other product and if unsatisfactory return for refund or something else. In this case REFUND!

So happy this is starting to take place and happening.

9. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    well if you read the EULA to STEAM and other delivery systems, you dont actually OWN the game, you 'license' it, so really, you get to watch/control a series of lights/pixels/graphics on the screen, but it never ACTUALLY belongs to you in the least. Some EULA's will even go as far to say they can scan your computer (didnt EA have this worked into their EULA for a period?) for whatever. So really, the money you give them, you have no ownership say in any of it. It's a sort of 'lease', for a lack of better terms for it. When you click agree, you really are potentially agreeing to a corporation raiding your computer in software and potentially hardware. All from clicking 'I agree'.

10. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Fixes like that you see in Pre-beta stages of games. *Shame*..*Ding-Ding*..*Shame*..*Ding-Ding*

11. DeAnt28790

DeAnt28790 Member

GPU:
    To be fair, I bought the game on retail. I only got to play on Saturday because it took 4 days to download 28GB on my 2Mb/s line.
    But once I opened it, cranked up the settings and its running pretty well for me. There's some stutter every now and then. But its no where near as bad as what I've seen.

12. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    after this fiasco more caution is needed, im not gonna pre order games anymore ,best policy is wait and check all the details about the game before make a purchase in the future

13. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    good news u finally got to play it, i installed the 5 discs then started downloading the rest at 256kps download speed , i wanted to watch some youtube and check emails social media in evening so i quit out of steam so i had all my internet speed for my browser , then i thought ok i leave it overnight downloading , opened up steam and it deleted the game and restarted the download from the beginning again, well that was it , i just give up and accept im not gonna play this game, and i cant refund it because i buy it on ebay, im just gonna leave it in my steam libary and hope in 1 years time i will have fibre fast internet and by one year it should be all patched up

14. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    I'll be waiting until the Steam Christmas sale to pick this up, IF it's working properly by then that is.

Just picked up a copy of GTA V so that should keep me busy for a while

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its so weird seeing pc gamers only becoming cautious of pre-ordering and day 1 purchases only now and because of this game even though Ubisoft and EA have done nothing but release broken games every year at every release consistently.

Why this game?

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    In any other industry, this is a class action lawsuit. Sucks for Rock Steady but Shame on WB.

They can release it great on consoles but thats a big F-U to all the PC consumers who were suckered into buying this.

Thank Gabe for refunds.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You mean thank EA/Origin. They did it first and Valve was forced to months after by people complaining.

18. Rexob

Rexob Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 870m 3gb
    This exemplifies the sad and sorry state of what should be BIG PC game releases. Ubisoft is notorious for blatantly lying about dedicated PC versions. Consumers should be demanding and receiving refunds for a game that simply FAILS to work. This happened with my copy of Titanfall - it worked and then patched - broken and after 2 full re-installs I gave up.

19. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025

Welcome to any and all software that isn't open-source. It doesn't matter if it's a retail copy, steam, or other distribution system... all software (except open-source) is licensed. Not owned.

20. zcess81

zcess81 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    How about not talk about what you WILL do and just do it.