Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Fear takedown can only be done once when you are in a brawl (fist fight), so it can take out 3 targets

In predator takedown (stealth rooms) you can take out 3 people with fear takedown and then recharge the ability by doing stealth knockouts from behind. Then gather everyone in one place and BOOM DO FEAR TAKEDOWN!!

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5105995&postcount=1340

That and the fact that MSIAB hasnt been playing to nicely with the last few Nvidia drivers, then theres also the problem with the game not featuring any dx10/9 libraries so theres nothing for it to default back to.

MSIAB isnt always accurate.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I can confirm that the game runs under DX11 with all the GameWorks effects on as I have Afterburner's OSD working with the game now. All you need to do is copy the iw6sp_x64.exe file in the RTSS ProfileTemplates folder and rename it BatmanAK.exe. The OSD will then work with the game. I have been using it to take screenshots.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    A few observations:

-Interactive fog tanks performance, like 15fps bad. With it off I have no drops below 30 in batmobile.
    -Film grain effect looks terrible
    -Some textures are truly awful
    -Game is making me very motion sick despite having motion blur turned all the way down. Not sure if it's the 30fps cap or FOV (are there any working FOVtweaks?)

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is there actual film grain though? Isnt just the constant rain?

And yes, a capped 30fps (or anything below 60ish) can give you motion sickness that you'd otherwise not experience above 60. I had this with the witcher 3 despite it feeling (and i use the word loosely) smooth.

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Maybe it is the rain. I keep seeing people mention the film grain though so I thought that's what was making everything look crappy.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Didn't look like this was posted

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145587678178226617

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm still getting frame drops at random but rather than dip down to 5fps it's now closer to 19-20fps instead. Great to see AO and rain FX working but I think I will hold off until the true patch arrives with a proper set of graphical settings I can tweak before restarting the game over.

I've played around 12% now and one things is for sure - I detest the tanks in the game. The way you trigger a mission event and are suddenly surrounded by loads of them over and over is so very tedious. I'm actually starting to wish they just removed the Batmobile from the game completely so I can return to the kind of play style I enjoyed playing 100% as I did in Asylum, City and Origins instead.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    @Stone Gargoyle what resolution do you run?

Just curious because your system is somewhat similar to mine.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats what i dont get. Why the heavy emphisis on the batmobile. It barely and vary rarely makes an appearance in anything comic/movie other than for a brief showing or theatrical entry.

I got bored watching my sister play it on the ps4 after about half an hour, thought bugger this and went to watch some lets plays on youtube as at least i can skip forward in time, only to discover that the mobile sections are still heavily involved even at the 3 hour+ mark.

Knight, like cities and even Oranges imo, is open world for the sake of being open world and its really not a better game for it. I dont think the batman ip lends itself well to being open world and simply because batman was never about large open areas and small time tasks, where's Asylum makes perfect use of the ip as it deals with it the same way the comics and pretty much all other mediums do - small locations featuring big time threats by big time crooks. While sure the story of batman takes place in Gotham City the events themselves very rarely, if ever, involve the city as a whole outside of a threat of total destruction. The events in batman more often than not, just take place in some run down **** hole or a compound of sorts. Again, much like Asylum.

For me its much the same issue i have with FC3 and 4 and somewhat FC2, the openworld approach to the games has left them empty with short meaningful tasks but bloated with far too many long repetitive samey same tasks for the sake of padding out what really is just a large empty space that has no purpose.

I really dont think RS actually knew what they've wanted to do with batman after Asylum, so they thought that by going openworld and adding in a bunch of meaningless tasks and filler, that the issue would resolve itself. Unfortunately that seems to have worked and pleased the easily pleased majority, the sort who when hearing of a sequel for game X, think the best thing would be to make it open world, as if thats some magic formula that automatically grants awesome gameplay.

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Performance is still all over the place. Drops to 11 fps when entering the Batmobile. Stuttering has been noticeably reduced and I'm no longer running into textures not loading.

Game installed on my Samsung 840 Evo.

A long way to go before we call it "fixed" but it's progress at least and the game, as far as I can see, no longer lacks visual features found on consoles.

Graphically speaking it's a very mixed bag. The AO/AA is terrible and there are very blurry textures sometimes. It's really not the leap I was expecting over previous Arkham games on PC. I'd say that City and Origins on PC hold up incredibly well compared to Arkham Knight.

Origins had superior ambient occlusion (HBAO+).

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm running 1600x900 due to gaming on a 42inch LED tv rather than a monitor.

Vsync ON
    AA ON
    Everything set to LOW
    Gameworks OFF

I can get a consistent 30fps a lot of the time but my vram usage is way up there at 18-1900 or more for the majority of play time so I'm thinking the constant high use of vram could be causing my drops anyway - especially with AO and the rain FX now added back in.

13. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    Anyone Knows that batman arkham knight key can be used on two PCs or not?
    Like do i need to buy two copies for 2 PCs or one can be used on both??
    PLzz anyone tell me :)

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    For me the over emphasis on the Batmobile has made taking on groups of enemies all but pointless as as soon as enemies spot it driving they all run away. Couple this with the almost complete lack of enemies in the game to begin with even just trying to have a fight in the game has been reduced to something that is barely enjoyable. In previous games I would move from position to position stalking and then eradicating my foes which were often no less than 30-40 feet away from the next group, in this they are quite literally separated by miles of open world which completely takes away from the way I'm used to playing. So much of the world in fact feels so utterly devoid of life it's not even funny. Yes it's pretty but what purpose does this serve with so little to do except arbitrary side missions?

As good as Arkham Knight is there's no denying there's been some major game design decision f*ck ups that tend to make things practically alien in nature if you've honed your skills in previous chapters. I don't want to drive around, I want to carefully stalk my prey and take them out and then move on to the next lot unseen and unheard. I want to feel satisfied after I've engaged enemies in a manner I saw fit. All of this feels almost absent to me now instead replaced with a vast over emphasis on shooting annoying rows of bloody vehicles. I don't enjoy them I simply endure them because for some insane reason the devs decided this is what I wanted from a current gen Batman title.

Never did I think that the inclusion of the Batmobile would become such an unlikable feature as it now is as I'm coming very close to loathing it which for a game that forces you to use it for such a lengthy majority can never be a good thing. It can't be avoided. It can't be ignored. It can't be held off until later if you wish to make any form of advancement.

In short, the Batmobile has pretty much ruined Arkham Knight and to make this even remotely possible in a AAA game such as this one is something I will never come to understand how it actually came to pass.

15. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    Yes i mean two different accounts.. on steam

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    So you want to take on bosses in the same way you could in previous games? Screw you - now use the batmobile.
    You want to complete missions using only your wits and flair for thinking outside the box via the clever use of hand held gadgets? Screw you - now you use the batmobile.
    Want just one or two mission types that don't include use of the batmobile? Screw you - 8 out of 10 mission types now use the batmobile.
    Want to extend your exploration window and reach other areas of the city? Screw you - only the batmobile can now gain you access to new areas.
    So you love to play detective and want to track down criminals? Screw you - now you use the batmobile.

We heard you like more batmobile gameplay with your batmobile. :puke2:

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I laughed.

Sadly I don't think this will change when the games back for sale on Steam :)

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm also playing at 1600*900.
    I've got Texture detail set to Low, but shadows and world detail set to Normal.
    With the Enhanced Rain and light shafts on.
    It runs at a constant 30fps, no dips or issues. And, like you, my Vram usage is around 1800/1900.

I'm really looking forward to the next patch, as it looks to have the majority of the performance improvements.

19. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Agree 100%

I loved the deathstroke battle in origins, especially if you did it with hints disabled.

Want an epic boss battle where you counter using your senses and do an epic takedown? - Screw you, use the matbobile.

20. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Just noticed this on Amazon.de

(google translate)
    "The PC version does not include the 30 GB patch manufacturer. For the download and installation, you need an Internet connection. Due to the size of the patch a fast connection is recommended."

http://www.amazon.de/Batman-Arkham-Knight-ohne-Patch/dp/B00ISNYLGU

what patch are they talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.