GeForce 353.38 Hotfix driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Jun 26, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It also has a profile for file desktop, explorer, skype, WMC, flashplayer, etc,.. imo this shouldn't be a problem.
    Games obviously have higher priority so it will use that profile when its running, well at least it makes sense.

EDIT: as HeavyHemi said, guess we posted at the same time lol ^

2. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    yes I would like to see proof of that please

EDIT: I actually was reading the release notes for 353.30 and it was mentioned the optimizations are included:

"Implements optimizations and bug fixes that provide increased performance for Kepler-based GPUs. " page 9

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    True, but Chrome might not like it when certain game profiles are running, so there might still be a conflict of sorts. Just wondering what's causing all those crashes people are reporting, that's all. I'm curious if it also happens on older versions of Chrome.

I myself haven't had any TDR or other crashes with the 353.38 drivers so far and I've been running Afterburner again for the custom fan profile and Logitech G19s LCD monitoring as well. I hope it remains that way.

4. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    No issues so far..

5. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    No problems yet, been using them whole day so far.
    Titan X / win 8,1

6. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    My Gsync screen is still displaying RED when not playing a game...so red on the desktop.

7. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Played The Witcher 3 with these for 2 hours now. No more white flashes in game with TDR errors in event viewer, basically a TDR crash with white screen in game.

I never had the Chrome crashes, use Firefox instead.

Much faster and smoother than the 347.88 drivers on my system, got rid of the irritating stutter in TW3 for me. Needs more testing, but keepers so far.

Note: I don't use overclocking software, so can't comment on that.

So far so good.

8. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    At first I thought the driver stopped responding crashes were Chrome specific then I had Firefox crash on me the other day (driver stopped responding) with .12 drivers. The trigger seemed to be, first play a gaming session, close game, open Firefox/Chrome, leave the pc to idle for a while, enough for power states to relax, then return to browsing. Crash happened many times that way.

9. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Never had the issue you talk about. I had no crashing in browsers with the 353.06 or .30 drivers. I did have TDR's in game with the 353.06 and .30's though. Error; nVidia driver has crashed and recovered, with a error code 13 in event viewer. In The Witcher 3, screen would flash white for a split second, then I would check event viewer there would be another TDR error. The 347.88 did not have these errors in event viewer, and nether do the 353.38's.

No issues with these so far.

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    This is a nice driver set.. Zero issues so far and been using it all day. All TDR's squashed...

11. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    well... i lost fps in project cars... witcher and gta 5 compared to 353.06...

in other games looks the same performance than before...

12. Scalarscience

Scalarscience Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX580 Classifie
    Mine has been doing TDR's still on GTX960 & GTX580 systems with these drivers, though it's MUCH more rare than the other drivers (2-3 times in a 10 hour period). Neither system is running PrecisionX or running hot/oC'd etc....happens with Firefox, Chrome & Adobe CC 2015 apps... (with GPU accel enabled that is).

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    AB overlay don't have to be active for AB polling to work - it works in the background as well. Do you by any chance play in a borderless/window? Have you tried full screen?

14. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Having purple artifacts with these in TW3... usual gamebed, rolling back to 353.30 fixes this

15. Warrior1

Warrior1 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti OC
    I have had more problems with Nvidia drivers this year then ever before.

The quality has taken a nosedive :(

16. HAZ-MAN

HAZ-MAN Active Member

GPU:
    evga sc GTX 780 ti sli
    I have lost the ability to use sli under windows 10 64 bit pro latest build and even trying to revert to last driver clean installin for last 2 days.the option no longer present in control panel. I have run the driver cleaner in safe mode complete removal even ?the second card is present in widows device panel with the yellow triangle showing. I tried removing both cards from mother board and reinserting them of note both of the cards fans are running so both have power. is any one else having sli issues newest win 10 10130 ver? ill try to be patient bfr whipping SSD and trying reinstall. this only started on this build Help!!!

17. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

I can confirm that these drivers fixed the TDR issues, those who continue to have one on this driver, how are you guys uninstalling and installing the new drivers. Could be the method thats causing the issue.

18. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Everything works fine so far since ~50+ hours ago. Constantly Chrome with twitch/youtube and some game on second monitor. Perhaps it's random again for someone but for me it's fixed.

19. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Switched cards in pcie slots and started getting artifacts ... one of my cards is bad which is why I had the freeze/reboots issue with the computer. Replaced card with spare and can boot into windows again. Will try 353.38's again since people in general seem to be having success!

20. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Sorry, but many people, myself included, avoided the problem by switching hardware acceleration OFF. No more TDR. That is not to say some didn't still have the problem, but you have to go back to the post I was responding to to understand why I wrote what I did. Now with this new driver we are able to switch back to the default, hardware acceleration ON. No point to disabling hardware acceleration now.