Sadly I knew it.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Krogtheclown, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    First I actually had the basic driver it installed with the windows version something something something. Now I got the 1040 ones. :)

2. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Non sequitur

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Do you get WDDM 2.0 with the 1040? Did you install the package from the forums?

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I wasn't being serious.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yeah installed the package here. Got WDDM 2.0 there too :)

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Sorry dude, I wasn't angry :)

Nice to know. I'm slowly collecting information for my Windows 10 install on release day :D

7. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    depends. i game @ 5670 by 1080 so yeah it does matter.. most of the games i play need 3 to 4 gb..

its not about ram speed only, i meant the amount of ram is 4gb whereas 780ti has only 3gb memory. i doubt anyone had bought 290x or 780ti for playing games at 1080p so the amount of ram memory does matter..

i want to ask every one. dont u think nvidia always play some cheap tricks to get the market or sell their products. i dont know how many people remember but geforce fx used to fake the benchmarks.. they used to put huge amount of cheap ram in their low end card to deceive people that those were better cards ( example- 9600gso 1.5gb farcry2 edition ). they make one chip then they dont release the fully unlocked chip they use it for two generations. rebranding started with nvidia not amd or ati.. they always try to increase the price of the gpu every 5 years.. right now they are trying to set the price of the top cards at 1000$.. they stop optimising their driver for older cards ( i had 2 480. i used new drivers some days ago to play a game. some old games underperform with the new driver ).. and how can we forget about the 3.5gb 970 thing.. and so one.. these are my personal opinion. i just shared it. if u disagree thats your view.. you can share but please dont attack me with offensive comments :) thanks

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    both nvidia and AMD are full of ****s, both rebranded raised prices and lied to us.

But i give nvidia the ultimate honor of being douchebags, as the Kepler downgrade is real and still lasing even with fixes.

seeing 290X trashing 780ti over and over and over, and 680 770 completely dead vs 7970, make me really hate nvidia even more, we paid more for hardware for less performance and less longevity.

290X is truly a good card, if the TDP would be lower it would be very very good, 290x is slightly slower, equal and faster than 970, and in some cases matches 980 specially 4K.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Of course Nvidia use tricks like you said and others like gameworks for a good reason: THEY WORK FOR WINNING EVEN MORE MARKET SHARE!

That's why i fear gameworks 2.0 is around the corner to fight the equallity in DX12 future games.

I don't believe Nvidia will stop to use his winning tactics.

People are full of "ethics" on forums but almost everybody use "evil" MS OS and "evil" Nvidia GPUs when they want to properly play a videogame on a PC.

Linux has ethics even true ethics compared to use "evil" MS OS but an AMD GPU customer is no more ethic than a Nvidia GPU customer.

AMD seems to be more "ethic" because they are not able to fight Nvidia properly in the game dev front.

Please AMD show me the "ethic" in your lack of proper driver support....LOL

10. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    gameworks 2.0 im really scared of that.. since amd cards are not capable of 12_1 feature level, i think nvidia will exploit this weakness real bad. recently amd drivers has improved have u noticed that ??

btw do u guys know that nvidia gives developers only the dll files of game works . dll mean dynamic link libraries, those are basically compiled code. as a developer i know how painful it is to optimize dll without the source code. n it makes not only amd but nvidia cards underperform.. see gcn base ps4 gpu can handle games so nicely but mighty 290x cant..

now about microsoft- dont blame them at least they are not like apple.. linux is good.. but ms has done too much for the industry. and windows is very user friendly no matter what you say.. even every developer will accept the fact that visual studio is the best IDE u can get.. but lets not be off-topic..

amd cant play chess when nvidia is playing boxing.. first major rebrands were geforce 200 series cards they rebranded the 9800gtx as gtx 250 or 260 ( i don't remember perfectly ). aren't you guys forgetting what amd and ati has done for us. amd was the first to put 1ghz cpu in the market, first x86-64 cpu, first multi core cpu, first to use ddr ram as standard, and so on even the soul of direct x 12 is actually borrowed from mantle. now look at ati any one remember radeon 9700 ?? nvidia's glorious geforce fx was a s**t infront of this.

i would not say nvidia didnt do anything they brought the first gpu. later on they bought 3dfx. And now a days what ever u can see as ultra realistic gaming is based on a technology 3dfx was working on. and after buying nvidia they put that technology inside nvidia gpu and it was the famous nFinity fx engine which later evolved into CineFX and so on.. so the actual credit goes to 3dfx. even the sli was 3dfx's technology.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    People need to quit saying this, Microsoft was working on DX12 long before mantles release

12. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i miss those customized drivers now a days.. like the omega driver, ngo drivers and others .. even i didnt like what guru3d did with the rivatuner.. msi afterburner is awesome but riva tunner was superb fully customizable.. i miss all those awesome days when we had ati tool,ati tray tool and softwares like these.. now a days it seems like we have a lot of things in our choice but none is as fun as it used to be..

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I have nothing against MS, in fact i use Windows since Windows 1.0, i also use Linux Mint but i will never dream to play properly on Linux because there are no real driver support on it.

I only exposed what is in my opinion the "ethics phalacy" of AMD been more ethic than Nvidia.It's all about bussiness for them and it's all about gaming properly for us.

Ethics have no place here and it's only a tool used to support bad (or good?) buying decisions.

I have no doubts at all Nvidia will use any trick they can to gain market share and sell more GPUs and i fear AMD will not be up to par in this battle. :(

Game dev is a big bussiness and work with money and the money come from Nvidia side only so....

14. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    yeah right.. since when? can u mention please.. since direct x 11 they didnt have any major direct x .. even Khronos didn't have any plan for low level api. most people here even dont understand whats the benefit of low level api and wheat the difficulty.. see i really doubt many games will use direct x 12 instead they will choose direct x 11.3 ( the direct x 12 equivalent upper level api ).. and this is what was suppose to be direct x 12..

we dont use java or c# to make games ( mostly ) because with c++ u get more control over the hardware and u can use them efficiently. but its harder to code in c++ then java. lower level api means u can have more control at the same time coding will be a big challenge for direct x 12. have u heard of assembly language ?? if we develope a software using assembly language, that will be the highest level efficiency you can gain. but we dont do that cause it will take head banging to develope something like that..

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well ive pre-ordered, seen quite a few reviews where its up with the Ti, a frame or 2 behind, certainly competing at 1440p and 4k, more so at 4k though.

Don't understand all the negativity as its not walloping the Ti, its competing, and thats good enough for me, and all AMD needed to do really, compete, should be happy they are doing that finally after so long. :)

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Apparently some people think DX12 was a result of mantle. Like Microsoft started developing it right after mantles release or something.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Game devs have more tools to develop games than java, C++ and assembly, all major game engines will integrate DX12 support.

CryEngine and unreal engine 4 already support DX12 other are on the way.

18. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I know right.. smh

19. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    :stewpid:

doesnt mean mantle wasnt the reason dx12 is that what it is now.

ofc ms was working on DX12... did you think they just stop at DX11 and call it a day???

dude, the main performance feature of DX12 (API reduction) is completely wrote off mantle code. that's no secret anymore.

or do you think that starting to work on DX12 means you won't allow good influences to be adapted anymore???

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    9700 9800 were godlike, but before them nvidia geforce 4 TI were godlike. Geforce FX failed on purpose, there was some rumor that previous 3dfx team developed FX series, they failed same areas much like the voodoo cards.

Sweet revenge?