390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    Bumping VDDC(if thats it :D) by 25mV or even 50mV didn't fixed black screen :(

2. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    To fix blackscreen on my card i had to bump by 75mV in AB on 390x bios :) But that gives huge load vddc.

3. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    Ahh, thanks for the info. Maybe I will be able to bump idle voltages by 75 and leave load by default :)
    Whats ur ASIC qual and idle voltage?

4. LumPenPacK

LumPenPacK Guest

GPU:
    Palit 980 Ti
    Have you already tried to lower Memory Clocks? That's mainly the reason for me to get black screens on idle state.

5. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    I can't even get to desktop. Black screen at logon screen, and system is freezed. Is this what u're talking about?

BTW, VBE7's post says that we can't edit 2D/UVD voltages, so probably no workaround to get higher idle voltages by HEX editing :)

6. LumPenPacK

LumPenPacK Guest

GPU:
    Palit 980 Ti
    Not exactly but might be the same problem. If I choose higher memory clocks such as the default 390x mem clocks I get these black screens on 2d mode. Which memory clocks do you use?

But I thought you already booted into windows or how did you take those screenshots?

Mhh, I can't imagine why it shouldn't work since all those information are part of the BIOS. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense why we got different voltages with different BIOSs. But it might be almost impossible to find the right spot without some documentation. There are some comments in the AtomDis header file but not especially the PowerPlay table has only a few information about the meaning of the bytes.
    Where did you see that post?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  7. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    XFX works fine with 1500mem, and screenshots were taken with this bios.
    First link in google for "VBE7" it says: "You cant change 2D / UVD voltages". Probably those voltages have signature...

8. OneB1t

OneB1t Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    you allready changed idle voltage ;)
    with different powertable i have different idle voltage 1.000 vs 0.96x

so its prolly not signed on hawai/grenada

9. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    ASIC is 74.6% idle voltage is 1.008V with Sapphire TRIX OC bios for 290. Every other bios for reference cards uploaded to techpowerup and those for 390x are giving me idle below 0.980V which gives me instant blackscreen during driver installation. My r290 is ready for RMA just waiting for them to be removed from shops so i get new 390.

Sapphire did change the 2D/UVD voltages in their bioses somehow :p.

10. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Oh kewl i thought i was one of the few who actually scam shops like that :D.

11. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  12. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    Because probably sign is in this table, and you swapped it with powerplay table with signed voltages, but you cant edit them yourself...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  13. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    That means that Sapphire can make that sign :D

14. LumPenPacK

LumPenPacK Guest

GPU:
    Palit 980 Ti
    It won't work on Windows.
    Why do you use any pre compiled files?
    Clone the source code with git and compile it with gcc by using make, then run it.

Where can I find that BIOS? It would be helpful to have two similar BIOSs (same version, same card layout) but with different voltages.

15. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    As not know better! LOL new learning curve! ;)

Many thanks, will try this later :)

*** edit ***

I visit Sapphire Forum and these links is latest bios for 290 which given to owners for black screen fix.

Sapphire Tri-X 290 OC edition (Hynix)
    Sapphire Vapor-X 290 OC edition (Hynix)

I also have Tri-X 290 STD edition bios, this one I never asked if latest, was original that came with that card.

16. DDSZ

DDSZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    [​IMG]
    Tell me what you think about these values

17. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    It's from that sapphire forum and you can compare with standard bios but its like two different bioses.

About that powerplay table above, ive copied entire table from sapphire bios with 25mV to asus crap bios and it did nothing, idle was same as original.
    I have noticed that only fan/temps profiles were different, all other values same as asus bios. I think that sapphire did some kind of trick because afterburner reports +25mV on start not like it is on normal bios.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. LumPenPacK

LumPenPacK Guest

GPU:
    Palit 980 Ti
    I'm also not sure if that PowerPlay table is the full story on Hawaii series. I suppose voltage control works quite different on Hawaii cards compared to older series. Maybe other data tables in the BIOS have also some effects.
    The 390x BIOS with 290x PowerTable seems to the have the same voltage behavior than the default 390x BIOS, but its different on the 290x BIOS.

I did some comparison with older 6950 BIOSs where you have absolute values for voltage and it's quite easy to locate those values in the PowerPlay table.
    But on Hawaii there are obviously no fixed voltage values. It seems that the voltage depends on conditions like temperature and current. (similar to Intel's Load Line Calibration)
    Although there must be some entries in the BIOS which controls that behavior but it makes it much harder to find it. It might be impossible without additional information.

Here's a comparison between the 290x uber BIOS and the 290x powersave BIOS.

[​IMG]

0x00000028 could have something to do with voltage.

DEZ 1032 vs 979

19. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    What about comparing The Slit bios roms?

Link:- https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12830.msg121827#msg121827

Link:- https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12830.msg125148#msg125148

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090