Mkeezay29s GTA V Mods

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by mkeezay29, May 10, 2015.

1. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Oh that has actually pretty much merged with the REALISM mod just needs an extra couple files, I'm updating it now since today's update of OpenIV allows me to make it an external mod so you can keep playing online by clicking a few tabs in OpenIV.

Version 0.4 released, can now be loaded externally to keep online safe

DOWNLOAD GTA REALISM 0.4

Read first post for installation details

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    mmm... thanks, but i don't wanna touch the game, only the shadows... pls, can you do a separate file?

3. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    evga GTX 980 Superclocked
    Can't help asking about character's headlights shadow... ;)

4. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    I'm still trying, I've been hard at work finishing my mod, now that I'm done for a bit til the next update I can try getting things working, found the code for horses AI and boundaries, added it, now if I add the horse models and textures where the other animals are, and have them loaded with the propset xml they might work in game, there is even a line called horsecollisionmesh and isrideable so if I can get them added they will be rideable and the game already has collision meshes for them so they will work properly, there is even a file in ropedata called horsereins, looks like most of the code is left and what wasn't left was easy to add.

But yes I am still trying to get shadows working, the only problem I see is the method I'm going to try will add headlights to every car and that's going to be a GPU killer, but still I am trying, I think I could cut off headlight distances to alleviate the framerate drop all cars with dynamic lights will have.

Newest Mod Version, check page 1 to learn how to install as external mod

GTA REALISM 0.5 RPF (can be loaded externally)

GTA REALISM V0.5 UNPACKED (must be manually added to common.rpf using OpenIV)

5. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    Don't we need to use x64a.rpf anymore? 'Cause it's not inside the latest packs.

6. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    That's because the retail and Steam versions have different x64a.rpfs which would make it not work in rpf form, it is supposed to be in the files/folders version but I must have forgot, tomorrow I'm going through the files and putting different features in little packages so you can choose what you want to install, hopefully the next openIV update allows us to use rpf folders as files, in that case I could make an installer, I guess I could still make an installer that adds to your unpacked archive, then you just rebuild the archive in OpenIV.

If I take all the modified lines and add them to existing files in update.rpf that are the same, then add any modified files that are in common.rpf and put them in update rpf it should run the mod from update.rpf I've been told, so the next version should just be a one update.rpf file in the mods folder that has both x64 files and common.rpf files, and since I won't mess with the default x64a it should work properly on both versions of the game in rpf format.

7. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Thank you !

Your "GTA V Realism" mod is wonderful. It fixes most of what pained me in GTA V (and sticked to Watch Dogs instead of playing this game). With a good Reshade preset, it's extraordinary !

I am waiting for vehicle's collision improvements. They are more bouncing than crushing, which is not realistic, and unconfortable.

8. gsc

gsc Member

GPU:
    GTX660
    Why use common.rpf at all?

There's a common "folder" already within update.rpf - everything in that "common" folder following the same folder structure as the common.rpf file will overwrite anything in common.rpf anyway...

incl. the "handling.dat" you made for the common.rpf folder just as an example

Good mod tho

9. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    hello )) maybe some news about character's headlights shadow?

10. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I've been having trouble with the new GTA V update.

For some reason, the graphics in the 'Ill gotten gains' update seemed to have been, well, 'downgraded'.

For starters, I've been getting a microstutter with the game (I've tried with and without SLI), though never present before, the sensitivity on the controls have been botched (fixed via changing said sensitivity).

But the one thing that gets me most angry is: The draw distance. The draw distance was shortened by a huge value (buildings only a few metres in front of you go to a low LOD, I've partially solved it through the extended distance scaling setting, but the reflection LOD/draw distance, and the grass/shadow draw distance is heavily lowered.

For the TL/DR people:

They ****ed up the draw distance and optimization.

11. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    Well, it seems headlights shadow is a hard nut to crack.

12. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Agreed, same here. Vehicles seem to bounce rather than crush.

GTA 4 had the vehicle damage spot on. GTA 5, unfortunately was tamed due to consoles and the result is jelly/bouncing cars!

More realistic vehicle collisions is just what we need...

13. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I find it strange with the existing 'realistic collision' mods effect everything but the rooftops of the vehicles.

14. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    It seems headlights shadow project is dead. Pity.

15. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    I had no idea how to edit the common.rpf and install this mod so I just put the files in and thought ok now what lets play the game so I ran over a few things scared a few people and the cops already came and started to shoot me so I thought ok lets kill those and then other civilians with guns came to brutally murder me lol.
    Great mod the realism one excellent work :)

16. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    No I'm still trying, just not getting it unfortunately, I haven't been able to log into Guru for a bit now, finally today it was working again, I thought for a bit my IP was banned or something, I wouldn't even get a page to add a security exception, just a no server found page.

Anyway I've been updating my mods, overhauled the particle and destruction system has begun, you can now shoot things like road signs, traffic light boxes, fire hydrants, and all kinds of wooden fences and destroy them, bullets now also go through thinner objects, garage doors, car doors, basically any wood or metal that isn't too thick, and plenty more, I'll update me thread now and put up links to the newest version of the realism mod

17. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    Will you make tweaks based on Law Enforcement Improvements mod? I think it's awesome to have police officers patrolling roads and highways.

18. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Yes through the population cycle I will be adding not only police patrols, but undercovers as well, hopefully I can even get cops doing speed checks, although that will take more than some editing of the popcycle.

19. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I was playing vanilla GTAV and found that there is dynamic shadows on headlights. :confused:

[​IMG]

20. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Hello mkeezay29!!!

Any news on the shadow box mod for retail version?

Please, give me good news :* !!!