Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Haha yes, that's what I wanted rocksteady, 720p/30 on my system that is apparently slower than a ps4 and x1

they haven't even committed to saying they will put out a patch, just "investigations", maybe that translates into "wait until everyone gets bored and goes away"

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    What a shocker of a game. The graphics looks just awful with some lovely stutter as you drive around in the useless batmobile - so say ta ta to leisurely exploration.

Some irony that I got the game through an Nvidia promotion and the game shows all the signs of a rushed port. No HBAO+, awful stutter during driving and it looks terrible. I was playing through the series prior to release and every preceding version looks way superior.

I'm just glad I got it free but even then I feel diddled somehow.

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    wasnt the game delayed for about a year or two?

and then was giving the last 2 months to port........

:3eyes:

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I opened a ticket yesterday asking for a refund. They says they're investigating the issue and will get back to me. Good to see they're taking this seriously. I'll be taking a refund, for sure. If nothing else, to make the people behind the game feel that this is unacceptable.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am not defending the PC version, I have already criticised it in an earlier post yesterday, but I strongly disagree that the game looks terrible. I don't know how anyone can say that honestly as it looks fantastic for a UE3 game. Sure, I can accept it may look disappointing, say, due to the lack of ambient occlusion, the poor anti-aliasing and the texture streaming issues and performance might be terrible but I think it is unfair to call the graphics terrible. :3eyes:

6. dshramek

dshramek Guest

21:9 aspect ratio is "natively" supported, except all it does is stretch the image. Looks horrible. Can't choose 1920*1080 with black bars on side(like EVERY OTHER game out there). It just stretches the image even worse. Only solution is to run game windowed.

7. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Exactly my thoughts too. Why have it in the first place? Just for shooting EMP rockets at drones? Why not just inventing EMP baterangs and be done with it?

Just for travelling 500m to the next waypoint? As Batman you get around quicker with the launcher and gliding and you have the freedom to approach the target area from the air or on the ground as you see fit.

I guess they needed an excuse to make a new game at all.

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Taking a break from flaming the games technical drawbacks a few things I wanted to share concerning gameplay.

I've so far only managed to play a mere 2% of the game since I installed it thanks to the performance but I'm quite honestly devastated at just how much you are force fed batmobile sections. My first ever instinct on a game is to explore and do missions that are in line with what I wanted from the game but so far I've done just one minor bit of detective work while almost everything else has had me sat in the batmobile. Precisely where I don't wish to be. Yes calling the batmobile from a distance is cool don't get me wrong but Rocksteady have somehow managed to make what was once a strict third person action adventure game feel like a racing game that now features third person action adventure elements.

I visited a riddler challenge at random only to find that The Riddler had somehow set up a complete stage based around me driving the batmobile in a timed mission. What happened to the riddler excercising his right to challenge Batman's brain directly and how does driving a car through racing tunnels do this exactly? Why would enigma even go to such great lengths? It's totally out of character and none fitting.

Don't know about you guys but my worst fears have been realised when it comes to the games combat. It's just not that great or fun. Above all though is the complete lack of challenge on offer, I've bested mass crowds of enemies with ease so much so that I've practically started avoiding punch ups due to not getting any kind of satisfaction from them. One of the main aspects of the franchise I always fed off and I don't wish to partake. That's a huge fail in my opinion and I've not even spent any points yet of which I now have two.

I want to mention the city design. Some portions of it are bloody fantastic while others are just downright terrible making the whole thing feel like a game of two halves quality wise. The worst culprit of all though has to be the complete lack of enemies in large areas of the game meaning I can go to a vantage point and when I use detective mode I don't see a single enemy entity in my viewpoint, not one. I know it's meant to be somewhat devoid of life and all but bloody hell there's nobody to even have a fist romp with if I even fancied it half the time in large areas of space. What were they thinking?

Lastly what the hell happened to challenge maps? These were one of my favourite things in other games where you could switch off from the campaign and go a few rounds. I enjoyed beating my previous scores and found them actually very thrilling as the enemy numbers and difficulty went up. Are there even any present in this game?

Even though GMG are offering refunds I have to be true to myself and say I am enjoying parts of the game, lots of the game design bugs me to hell and back but I am enjoying it when the framerate allows it that is. I won't settle until I get a Batman skin I'm actually happy to use though as the three I have right now are all pretty terrible. It's fun, it's broke, it's disappointing, it's all oh so polarising.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I always wonder if those benchmarks are correct.

Sure, I ran the benchmark at 1440p but only got 56 fps avg with Gameworks disabled. Don't remember if PhysX was on or off though.

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Speaking about SKINS ..... am i right in suspecting that you start off in a fairly normal Batman suit but after a while you change into that metal armor suit because of the story?

And is it true that i could choose the Arkham City skin anywhere ingame to 'counter' having to wear armor?

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Unlike Origins you don't have to complete the story to use a different skin, simply go into the roster of skins you have available set it as active and load your last save. The chosen skin will then be present and playable.

13. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    That would be pretty much spot on then, as 1440p is 78% more pixels than 1080p, and youre getting about that much % lower at 1440p than the benchmark is at 1440p.

Edit:

[​IMG]

Their review done at 1600p, so slightly higher res than 1440p, and slightly lower fps than you got at 1440p.

14. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Are you blind? Or do you just like crap graphics?

The thing is Arkham Knight graphically is a mess on any platform. They made some of the most stupid choices I have ever seen.

The motion blur is literally out of control in this game, the amount of grainy, blurry filters they use on the whole screen is just insane, the lens flare would make J J Abrams spunk in his pants, and the amount of chromatic aberration is just too much.

They went for style over substance and it makes this game look A LOT worse than Origins did, which to me is the best looking Batman game so far.

17. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow the Harley mission was boring :-/ A really boring 10 minutes. At least we literally get to kick Nightwing's butt over and over. Lip syncing is awful too.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Got an update on my refund ticket from GMG, fair play to these guys
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.