980 Ti Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AvengerUK, Jun 1, 2015.

1. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    So aggravated.. Bought my card with paypal credit and got it shipped to my work which I've done many times with other sites. Newegg cancelled my order because the shipping address needs to be identical to the billing address. So now I need to wait who knows how long for my refund to credit to my account. Was really looking forward to getting out this week. Anyone know how long refund usually take with paypal credit?

2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
  3. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    How much 980ti

EVGA 980ti ACX oh I understand they have it in stock it a special one

£869.88 inc VAT

I have emailed them telling them they have priced it wrong ... awaiting reply.

Dear ,

Thank you for your email. A member of staff has now received your query and will contact you shortly. Please allow 24hours for a response, although we do aim to answer emails within 2-3 business hours.

Kind Regards

Customer Services

WatercoolingUK

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Lol... That's ridiculous!

5. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Yes, was the money sitting in your Paypal account previously or was it in your bank (so, IN paypal, or sitting in a bank ---> paid for the card by paypal, from your bank)

6. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    I used paypal credit to pay for it so the money was on paypal. It's like their version of a credit card. Used to be called bill me later. It is showing as cancelled now but the payment is still pending.

7. Nano2k

Nano2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080TI
    Just got a reference 980Ti to replace my 780SLI. Definitely smoother and quieter than two Asus DC2 cards. Running at 1250Mhz is plenty fast. Lot smoother in games.

8. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    So while I'm waiting for paypal to refund my money so I can try placing my order again I bought myself am EK-FC block. Now the wait is killing even more.let's hope out doesn't take a week to get this money back

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Well I flashed it tonight and it worked fine. Now I have sc cards without the extra cost :D

10. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Just in case you guys are having a bad day I'm going to share my luck. About an hour ago I called PayPal and told them that Newegg had canceled my order and it is shown as completed in my account, but I still didn't have the money back. She said that it was no problem and that she would go ahead and cancel the request that was stuck pending that still wanted to give the funds to Newegg even though they had cancelled the order. She puts me on hold. I'm ecstatic. Thinking about how I'll be able to buy it tonight with next day shipping and have it on Thursday. She comes back and tells me for the first time in her life it's not letting her cancel it. She puts me on hold again to talk to her supervisor. Comes back and tells me that Newegg doesn't let Paypal cancel transactions! She tells me to call Newegg and have them cancel it so I called Newegg 45 minutes ago and still haven't received a call back! So here I sit.. waiting.. watching every video on the 980 Ti... thinking about how sad it's going to be getting that sexy Acetal waterblock in the mail and having to use it as a paper weight until I can get the card.

Anyways, that's what happened to me after a 12 hour day at work. Good times! So what clocks are you getting on these cards? I'm getting the EVGA SC model.. if it isn't sold out by the time my money comes back to me.
    EDIT
    Success! Order placed!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Safer install?
    If I want a safer install I would run a custom loop with a full cover block, but that get's to expensive.

Thanks for the tip though, will se if I can find one here + back-plate. :)

12. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Same, my Evga GTX 980 Ti superclock+ acx 2.0+ should arrive tomorrow, hope I don't regret going to a single card.. Can always get another I suppose.

13. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I haven't really found a solid answer for my PSU question.

I currently have an RM850 that is less than a year old. Would that be cutting it too close for SLI 980 Ti's and an i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz?

Currently looking at an AX1200i as a replacement if the 850 is a bit short.

14. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Haha, I went with the EVGA because last time I broke my 290X doing this :p

@DreamTheatrics

Woohoo! Welcome to the club!

15. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Probably a bit close?

Not sure, depends on the +12V but for one card nvidia recommend 600w

16. Nano2k

Nano2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080TI
    I also have a Swift monitor and in BF4 the game is much more reactive to inputs compared to the 780Sli, with the Sli the screen was always lagging behind my mouse inputs, now the response feels so instant its crazy.
    Not even going to bother overlocking so much for now, dont see the reason, even if in benches the scores are a little lower than the 780Sli.

17. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    According to Corsair the RM850 puts out 70.8A on the 12v and the AX1200i puts out 100.4A on the 12v.

18. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
  19. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I'd still go EVGA. Their trade up program is fantastic and I prefer my coolers to not take up three slots. Three slot coolers are ridiculous.

20. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300